Dark souls - Accidentally got Solaire of Asora killed - start over? spoilers alert...

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I haven't had this kind of excitement from a game for a long long time, when the giant boss appare, I ran (and screamed out loud... inside).

spoilers alert... read at your own risk...

I'm at level 25 now, just got the giant boar thing killed when it got stuck in the fire while I cowarded behind the wall...

This is my second character, the first was a thief, played to level 9, couldn't figure out where to go and kept getting killed by the skeletons on top and ghosts below.

I restarted with a Knight, found the door to get into the Undead Burg and been going stronger and stronger.

After the battle with the TAURUS DEMON I saw this dude in full amour with his back against me, I naturally sneaked up and tried to backstab him... he did not start out too aggressive so I started unloading quick slashes on him, that's when he got pissed and showed me his moves, followed by lighting bolts...

Later I learned he's a fucken NPC that would help me out in difficult boss battles. I misread the official guide and tired turning human to talk to him again, but he only greeted me with lighting bolts.

What's worse is he followed me across the bridge where the red dragon is and when I drived into the lower level he got toasted. While trying to read online if it's okay for him to die, the game auto saved and that's that...

I don't have xbox live and will never get it until when it's free since I have kids and don't usually manage to stay up to play more than 2-3 hour per week.

The question is, should I start over again, lossing what would be to me two weeks of gaming time, just to have Solaire alive? I'm thinking I should since this is my first play through and I suck at Bosses...

Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks for listening, when I told my wife my sad story, she just laughed at me... :cry: lol...

It's not game breaking or anything if you kill him. Did you get the white sign soapstone?

Edit: NM. I saw you are playing offline. The white soapstone is only used if you're playing online. There is one boss battle that is difficult to do by yourself that he could be helpful.

bread's done
Back