Dark Souls CE $39.99 Best Buy (Instore only)

arzo_1130

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (98%)
This may be YMMV, but I found a copy of DarkSouls CE at my Best buy for the same price as the regular game itself. It came with the artbook, a code to redeem the soundtrack, mini strategy guide and the behind-the-scenes making video. I thought it was a great deal! Make sure when you buy it, it is in a tin case/box and it shouldn't say Collectors Edition in the front, but trust me it is.

It's not ymmv. the Dark souls CE and regular version are the same sku at all BB stores. You will have to look at the store level since the website tracker will not help. Some stores are randomly getting them in stock, but I have only seen xbox 360 copies.

I saw one of these suckers marked at this price last week, but it didn't say Collector's edition on the tag so I wasn't too sure if was this version priced at 40 as well. Might have to pick it up even though I already have a vanilla version of Dark Souls.

[quote name='arzo_1130']The artbook is cool and detailed! I think its worth the price.[/QUOTE]

...you're trolling, right? This is, and I cannot be more serious, the worst art "book" I have ever seen in a video game release.

I opened my friends... and on the first opening... pages were literally falling out. They rushed this, and probably ONLY included it to justify calling it a CE, because the digital items are not proper replacements for old school physical ones.

The "book" is what, 30-ish pages? And it doesn't even have descriptions, it's just one page of concept art after another. Compare it to the detail in the Demon's Souls one.

And yeah, I WAS mad about this, hence my rant. I couldn't believe I went through the trouble of obtaining the CE on release, for this small, awful artbook which was falling apart, and digital items that anyone can zip up and email to their friends.

...and the awful, non-steelbook case.

I found one (360) in syracuse last week when i was looking for the LotR War in the North CE. No LotR, but this was a great substitute especially since i had a $20 reward certificate to burn.

[quote name='solarnoise']...you're trolling, right? This is, and I cannot be more serious, the worst art "book" I have ever seen in a video game release.

I opened my friends... and on the first opening... pages were literally falling out. They rushed this, and probably ONLY included it to justify calling it a CE, because the digital items are not proper replacements for old school physical ones.

The "book" is what, 30-ish pages? And it doesn't even have descriptions, it's just one page of concept art after another. Compare it to the detail in the Demon's Souls one.

And yeah, I WAS mad about this, hence my rant. I couldn't believe I went through the trouble of obtaining the CE on release, for this small, awful artbook which was falling apart, and digital items that anyone can zip up and email to their friends.

...and the awful, non-steelbook case.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on how crappy the quality is on the book. Same thing happened on my book when I opened it. Now I have pages falling out. I got this on release and love Dark Souls. Just sucks they rushed what could have been a great CE.

[quote name='Bumslie']I agree with you on how crappy the quality is on the book. Same thing happened on my book when I opened it. Now I have pages falling out. I got this on release and love Dark Souls. Just sucks they rushed what could have been a great CE.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they just want us to feel as stressed and aggravated opening the CE as we are playing the game. Maybe that was the developers intention. :p

I dont know about yours because mine is in perfect condition. All my pages are intact and perfect. I agree it is a small art book but this is my first videogame art book, so I couldn't tell the difference. BUt still for the same price as the game the art book is worth it.

[quote name='solarnoise']...you're trolling, right? This is, and I cannot be more serious, the worst art "book" I have ever seen in a video game release.

...and the awful, non-steelbook case.[/QUOTE] first you say you opened your friends falling apart book. Then at the end you make it sound like you're book. Get your story straight!!!

I kid, i kid. Thanks for the info... seriously. It's honest reports like this that can sway a purchase one way or the other

[quote name='Gosha']This is the real Dark Souls art book, in case anyone was ever interested in getting one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvH27okPVJM[/QUOTE]

That art book is very nice. I like the look of the red front with the jacket off. So I take it this is Japan exclusive? The guy in the video payed $60 when the book is around $25.

I really want this now!

[quote name='sdcranford']Found a 360 copy at the Springfield, MO Best Buy. I already had the standard on PS3 but couldn't pass it up for $40.[/QUOTE]

Woah! Get out of my town!

bread's done
Back