Dark Souls on pc with extra bosses and probably other stuff

haha nice maybe it will run past 20 fps now

whats nice about hte pc are the mods. sure people will make levels and stuff for it :)

Hmmm, not sure I'd get into this again, even on PC. Hopefully they just do this again for the next game they're making.

Gonna trade in my PS3 copy tomorrow for some money down on Guild Wars 2. Really excited about the potential for this game on PC, just for the extra content alone.

Hey guys, if you haven't heard, Dark Souls PC will be using GFWL, which is terrible news. There's been a petition started to release it without GFWL and use an alternative like steam instead here:

http://www.change.org/petitions/nam...ls-pc-edition-without-games-for-windows-live#

It's up to 11k signatures as of this post and considering a petition like this is what got Dark Souls ported to PC in the first place it could really make a difference. Signing only takes 20 seconds so if you're interested in the cause sign and spread the word!

GFWL is much more intrusive DRM than steam though and requires that slow clunky log-in each time you want to play. You won't own the product any more than if you had bought it on steam, unless you're talking about a physical disc.

GFWL has myriads of problems such as users being plagued with sign-in errors making you unable to play and cases where if you play 8 hours offline and then sign in to GFWL to connect online, your 8 hour save will be erased etc. Considering Dark Souls has a robust online system it's impossible to avoid GFWL's terrible online.

Anyways the petition is to try and get a switch to the lesser poison of the two DRM types but like I said if you're not interested then no need to sign it.

[quote name='excellen']GFWL is much more intrusive DRM than steam though and requires that slow clunky log-in each time you want to play. You won't own the product any more than if you had bought it on steam, unless you're talking about a physical disc.

GFWL has myriads of problems such as users being plagued with sign-in errors making you unable to play and cases where if you play 8 hours offline and then sign in to GFWL to connect online, your 8 hour save will be erased etc. Considering Dark Souls has a robust online system it's impossible to avoid GFWL's terrible online.

Anyways the petition is to try and get a switch to the lesser poison of the two DRM types but like I said if you're not interested then no need to sign it.[/QUOTE]
GFWL is OPTIONAL, you don't even have to sign in unless you care about update notices and getting achievements. Now granted, I've never played online with one of their games so I suppose for DS it would be different.

Anyone else get a PM from that guy who started a petition to bring Dark Souls to the PC? Does he seriously think that had anything to do with it? Not only that but to PM me months after to shove it in my face that he thinks he was the cause of it (although he didn't say that, why else would he PM me this info). Guy is something else.

most gfwl games i've played dont require the steam like client, you just connect in game to it and get achivments on yoru xbox account and get to talk to your xbox friends :)

Sounds like this is just going to be a shitty port, so I would just get it on PS3 sans the new bosses. They're even locking the FPS to 30 rofl. They're not even trying.

[quote name='crystalklear64']locked at 30 is still better than the console release[/QUOTE]
Let me be clear: locked at 30 means it cannot exceed that as a max. That does not mean it can't drop below 30, which we all know too well in Blighttown. Granted most enthusiasts won't have any issues running it, but the problem is 30 FPS is seen as a bare MIN for PC gaming and most of us like 60+. 30 is fine for the limitations of consoles but is laughable to the PC crowd.

i realize its a cap and not a magical spec booster for shitty machines but i also assume that 30 fps will be no problem for most people. attempts to lock anything are a joke at this point. you'll have your 60+ probably by changing a true to a false in an .ini file.

[quote name='crystalklear64']i realize its a cap and not a magical spec booster for shitty machines but i also assume that 30 fps will be no problem for most people. attempts to lock anything are a joke at this point. you'll have your 60+ probably by changing a true to a false in an .ini file.[/QUOTE]
You're assuming the engine can handle it. I'm no expert in game engines, but whenever you make changes like that it can cause instability and crashes. There's a reason they do things like this and it's not just to piss us off despite what you may have heard. ;)

Where is this news of Dark Souls PC edition being locked @ 30 fps? That shit will not fly with PC players. I gots a machine, LET ME USE IT!

bread's done
Back