Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
They really could've done what Castlevania LoS did with their LE. Combine the case into both the artbook and the case for the soundtrack and the game itself.

Picking up the Demon's Souls CE right next to me, everything was in one 'case', but the guide (which was extremely helpful) was separate, as was the soundtrack and the game case.

Is there really a difference between a digital guide or physical besides ease of use?
soundtrack and videos i don't mind being digital, guide won't probably use, and the artbook is still a physical copy, now if they said the game was digital also then i would be pissed. Look on the bright side,

1. You get an hopefully awesome game (brink was hyped up too remember?).
2. You get it in a special case (its not special to me unless it's all shiny and limited like)
3. You get a book with art in it.
4. You get behind the scenes stuff and a soundtrack.( digital, yeah God of war 3's collectors edition had those things digital too and it cost alot more, well you got a box.
(2,3,4 are at no extra cost).
Although i think they did change the mini-strat guide to digital because of cost issue. and, if you've already played the previous game your going to die enough times to figure out what to do anyway so there is really no point to it. its like old school gaming again no internet to hold your hand through a game. :) well, thats the way i felt with demon's soul.

on a side note i think it would be funny if they gave you a tin case with a voucher code for the game inside like if it was a real disc.lol

Sorry for my long post.

what a huge let down, there's almost nothing collectible to it now. why does its predecessor offer more in collector's value than its way more anticipated and hyped up sequel?

at least we're getting what we're paying for; $60 for the game and $0 worth of collectibles. atlus would be doing a better job

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']How do you even compare this to DAII Signature? All the extra content here =/= holofoil cover and a voucher for DLC that you could get for free...

Either way I'm still meh about picking this up considering I won't touch it for a few months at the rate I'm going. Who knows.[/QUOTE]
Because it's the same "OMG PRE-ORDER IF YOU WANT ALL THIS STUFF!" They will always have more stock than pre-orders because they have to produce this ahead of time so I can see the leftovers being sold at a lower price. Therefore, I have no need to pre-order at $59.99 when down the line I can probably find it for cheaper.....like DAII, regardless of the contents of the Signature/Collector's Edition.

[quote name='Vultureyo']Dunno why everyone is back and forth on this... IT IS OFFICIAL THEY'RE DIGITAL... go to main site.. preparetodie and click preorder it now lists those items with a * and at the bottom says they're digital... dunno when it was changed but it is. nevertheless I'm preordering it. will be epic and a must play day one when everyones a noob.[/QUOTE]
This. They updated it:

• Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
In stores October 4, 2011 *The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.

You know seeing as how NB has treated it thus far and seeing preorder listings for Dark souls guides I think the mini strategy guide download will be just that mini as in short and not complete and not just a smaller sized complete guide like Atlus gave us with DS.

[quote name='technicalstylez']just went on youtube and a dark souls trailer was the front page banner video. so cool. then at the end it had a link for this:

17 sec mark made me want this game 10x more. can't wait.[/QUOTE]

blbllz.jpg

[quote name='ShockandAww']This. They updated it:

• Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
In stores October 4, 2011 *The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.[/QUOTE]
thanks for keeping us updated, guys. i think i will wait. it wasn't my OMFGCOPTERGOTY, but i like DS. i will get this when it goes down in price (especially to spite NB, who are liars).

• Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
In stores October 4, 2011 *The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update. Well, at least we still get two physical items: art book (hoping still hardcover) and metal case (which is what I really wanted anyways); so I'll keep my pre-order.

Anyhow, any info on the protective sleeve (like size, designs, is it an actual protective sleeve -same for laptops)? Kind of makes me think we're getting a metal case and inside is a paper/plastic sleeve with just the game disk inside. Oh man, that would suck if NB really did that...

[quote name='admiralvic']its similar to bioshock in how you had to play more tactfully but there was more to it than that. The game is designed to punish you in a very cheap way. [/QUOTE]

hogwash. there is one thing Demon's Souls is not, and that is 'cheap'. Every death is well deserved, and you know it as soon as you die that you were stupid to run around that corner without your shield up.

Demon's Souls is, by far, the best game this generation. I wish I could get another platinum (with the exception of getting that pure bladestone!).

If the sequel came in a brown paper bag with a $100 price tag, I'd still buy it day one. And that's the only game I'd ever even consider saying that about. I'm still sad I sold my collectors edition (for a ton of cash).

[quote name='affa']hogwash. there is one thing Demon's Souls is not, and that is 'cheap'. Every death is well deserved, and you know it as soon as you die that you were stupid to run around that corner without your shield up.

Demon's Souls is, by far, the best game this generation. I wish I could get another platinum (with the exception of getting that pure bladestone!).

If the sequel came in a brown paper bag with a $100 price tag, I'd still buy it day one. And that's the only game I'd ever even consider saying that about. I'm still sad I sold my collectors edition (for a ton of cash).[/QUOTE]

You actually can if you import a copy from EU or JP.

It should come with a specially designed stress ball and some kind of large Nerf object that you can bash yourself in the head with, without doing major damage.

[quote name='affa']hogwash. there is one thing Demon's Souls is not, and that is 'cheap'. Every death is well deserved, and you know it as soon as you die that you were stupid to run around that corner without your shield up.

If the sequel came in a brown paper bag with a $100 price tag, I'd still buy it day one. And that's the only game I'd ever even consider saying that about. I'm still sad I sold my collectors edition (for a ton of cash).[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls is not the best game this generation...it's the best game of all time.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Demon's Souls is not the best game this generation...it's the best game of all time.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement! I've owned the game 4 times, and have two copies right now with one being the CE. I loved the game so much that I'm thinking about preordering the EU and Japan versions of Dark Souls as well just to get all the preorder bonuses. That is a lot of loot that I don't have right now though.

[quote name='eau']Special Designed Metel Tin Case? Does it mean it's not a steelbook?[/QUOTE]
I'd be hard pressed to say it's anything other than a steelbook, unless it's oversized. Then it might be a tin.

I don't know what a 'helicopter game of the year' is.

I don't think Dark Souls should have a Pantheon, at least for levels. There are definitely going to be some asshole glitchers who get to the highest level in like 1 week and ruin the whole point of the Pantheon.

[quote name='IRHari']I don't think Dark Souls should have a Pantheon, at least for levels. There are definitely going to be some asshole glitchers who get to the highest level in like 1 week and ruin the whole point of the Pantheon.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you're one to talk. ;)

I still get random friend invites and messages asking for help because I'm one of the top 10 soul collectors in the Pantheon.

Well if they decided to do a tin case instead of a steelbook for more room. so they would have room for physical items, like a art book/ strat guide....

Steel case for the game is what i like only these days with a few exceptions. I do not have room for displaying art books or silly little things. I prefer my expensive figure statues i bought over the years. Hell the face hugger from AVP CE owns my desk right now i got 3 of them. It looks like there about to strike and suck you dry then lay eggs in ya. :)

I will say this: Demon's Souls was one of the most frustrating games I have ever played...with that said...it was also one of the most enjoyable. It had an incredible environment (and animations) that I wish many modern day RPGs have. As a matter of fact, if they ever wanted to reboot Zork, this team would do it justice. I can not wait to buy Dark Souls and am more than happy to pay full price for a free CE upgrade. NICE!

• Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book

Same as others. I'm cancelling my pre-order and I'll just wait until it gets cheaper, which will eventually happen.

Demon's Souls was a blast, but I'm the type of person that gets bored of games relatively fast.

Destructoid just ran a preview of Dark Souls with the following paragraph:

"Oh, did I mention that I got to see the standard-price Collector's Edition of the game too? Anyone who picks the game up during its initial printing on both PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 will be treated to a steel case that contains the game, a special redemption code for some extra goodies, and a lavish art book."

So, that sounds like a steelbook (maybe?), physical artbook, digital soundtrack and guide.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']Destructoid just ran a preview of Dark Souls with the following paragraph:

"Oh, did I mention that I got to see the standard-price Collector's Edition of the game too? Anyone who picks the game up during its initial printing on both PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 will be treated to a steel case that contains the game, a special redemption code for some extra goodies, and a lavish art book."

So, that sounds like a steelbook (maybe?), physical artbook, digital soundtrack and guide.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.

Metal case, and physical Art book? I'm definitely still in. Hell, some games don't even give you color on a 2 page instruction manual.

[quote name='Japakneez']BUMP!

Anyone who played on PS3 switching over to the 360 version? Which do you expect to have a larger community of players?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about larger, but PS3 will obviously have most of the Demon's Souls fanbase playing. I don't really see a reason to switch to 360 unless that's all you have.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Cancelled preorder....but not for why you think...Im waiting on my 20 credit from FIFA 12 lol. Then Ill reorder, or wait for price drop[/QUOTE]

Why cancel now? U still got >1 month to decide.

bump for GOTY 2011

looks like 99 cent release day shipping on amazon right now for anybody who hasn't pre-ordered yet

also CE contents were updated on preparetodie a little while ago

[quote name='nieon']bump for GOTY 2011

looks like 99 cent release day shipping on amazon right now for anybody who hasn't pre-ordered yet

also CE contents were updated on preparetodie a little while ago[/QUOTE]

thanks. im ordering the ps3 version now :)

[quote name='IRHari']Newegg had its 48 hour sale selling it for $50, plus it was the free bump to CE, so...I went with that.[/QUOTE]

damn is that over? just checked and didn't see it.

Im tempted but dunno if this games my cup of tea. Never played the original because i heard it was absurdly hard. Unfairly so. I am a sucker for swag though, and this has a good ammount of it.

Will you still be able to get all this with the regular bundles after release, or are ONLY pre-orders doing this? I know catherine claimed pre orders only got the artbook/soundtrack, but you were able to find them in regular stores. It turned out it was all first print copies

that was a few weeks to over a month ago. i also jumped on that when I saw $50 and C.E. that's why im not that upset about the collector's edition being so gutted...but still...i can't believe no guide!

and the first game was hard, but very manageable. i never heard anyone who played the game ever say it was UNFAIRLY hard tho, every death was a mistake that you knew you made. When you took that corner with your shield down, that was your fault. If anything Demons' Souls was very very fair.

and i know im not in the majority, but i thought demons souls was too easy. especially if you utilized blue phantoms. the first level was hard. and there were hard parts of the game. but with 2 blue phantoms you tore the place up and they had no reason not to protect you. i always wished i wouldnt have used blue phantoms the first time through the game cuz it kinda spoiled it for me/made it too easy. im gonna try to avoid getting too much help in dark souls cuz i dont want it spoiled for me again...

hmm i may need some kinda sale to bite, i dont like spending 60 bucks on a game im not sure if i will like.

Maybe i should pick up demon souls. The problem is everything i see is the GH packaging which I hate =( Not sure what to do

[quote name='Velo214']and i know im not in the majority, but i thought demons souls was too easy. especially if you utilized blue phantoms. the first level was hard. and there were hard parts of the game. but with 2 blue phantoms you tore the place up and they had no reason not to protect you. i always wished i wouldnt have used blue phantoms the first time through the game cuz it kinda spoiled it for me/made it too easy. im gonna try to avoid getting too much help in dark souls cuz i dont want it spoiled for me again...[/QUOTE]

If you knew it made it too easy, why would you keep summoning phantoms?

[quote name='IRHari']I don't know what a 'helicopter game of the year' is.

I don't think Dark Souls should have a Pantheon, at least for levels. There are definitely going to be some asshole glitchers who get to the highest level in like 1 week and ruin the whole point of the Pantheon.[/QUOTE]
okay, it wasn't my OMFGCOPTER GOTY. that better?

[quote name='IRHari']I don't know what a 'helicopter game of the year' is.

I don't think Dark Souls should have a Pantheon, at least for levels. There are definitely going to be some asshole glitchers who get to the highest level in like 1 week and ruin the whole point of the Pantheon.[/QUOTE]
okay, it wasn't my OMFGCOPTER GOTY. that better?

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Thanks for the update. Well, at least we still get two physical items: art book (hoping still hardcover) and metal case (which is what I really wanted anyways); so I'll keep my pre-order.

Anyhow, any info on the protective sleeve (like size, designs, is it an actual protective sleeve -same for laptops)? Kind of makes me think we're getting a metal case and inside is a paper/plastic sleeve with just the game disk inside. Oh man, that would suck if NB really did that...[/QUOTE]

HA! NB is so shady. that sounds exactly like what it is.

updated how? it says the same thing it did 2 weeks ago.

also, the firefly engine 2.0 (something close to that) was designed for the cell processor, so the ps3 is definitely the proven version, unless you only have a 360.

updated how? it says the same thing it did 2 weeks ago.

also, the firefly engine 2.0 (something close to that) was designed for the cell processor, so the ps3 is definitely the proven version, unless you only have a 360.

bread's done
Back