Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crystalklear64']so any preorder from amazon is going to be ce right? according to the promo[/QUOTE]

NO! There are two separate UPCs and SKUs for the standard and CE editions. Check the UPC for your order, if its 722674110471 then youre going to get the standard edition. If it says 722674110570 youre going to get the CE edition (these are only for the ps3 version). Managers at ALL major retailers told me that Namco stopped issuing the CE due to high demand; this is about when Amazon stopped having it in stock as well. If you didn't preorder sometime in mid september, youre screwed.

But if you want to listen to a couple of amazon reps from India that read off a script and barely speak english, then be my guest. Pre-order the standard edition now and see how that goes

[quote name='Maynard']Just started going through Demon Souls, but I did pre-order Dark Souls. What do you guys think, should I keep my preorder and get the collectors or should I cancel my preorder, beat demon souls and by that time the CE will be $40.

Advice?[/QUOTE]

If your liking Demon souls I say keep the pre-order, after all the stories aren't connected so if you get the urge to play dark souls or just want to move to it and finish demon souls later there's not an issue.

here's your proof that they dont know shit

Me:Dark Souls (ps3) collector's edition7:03:01 PM

Kavitha:Hello, my name is Kavitha. I'll be happy to help you. 7:03:06 PM

Me:hi, thank you7:03:10 PM

Kavitha:How may I help you?7:03:18 PM

Me:hello, I have a question. There is this game for playstation 3 called Dark Souls. Amazon used to have the Collector's Edition in stock but now it says out of stock7:04:03 PM
Me:it is only showing the standard edition as available7:04:13 PM
Me:if I pre-order the standard edition, I wont be getting the collector's edition right?7:04:26 PM
Me:here's the link for the collector's edition: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Co..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317607485&sr=1-17:05:04 PM
Me:here's the link for the standard edition:http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Pl..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317607485&sr=1-37:05:22 PM

Kavitha:Thanks for providing the link.7:05:24 PM

Me:you're welcome7:05:41 PM

Kavitha:If you purchase this item, Dark Souls then you'll get Collector's Edition.7:05:48 PM

Me:the second item down that only says Dark Souls?7:06:08 PM

Kavitha:When you pre-order this item, Dark Souls the you will receive an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge.7:06:32 PM

Me:I understand but how can I be certain when the separate section for Dark Souls: collector's edition is showing as out of stock?7:07:03 PM
Me:the publisher of the game only has a limited supply right?7:07:12 PM

Kavitha:I'm sorry; The item is available only with seller on our website.7:11:49 PM
Kavitha:Therefore, you'll need to contact the seller.7:12:06 PM
Kavitha:Amazon.com doesn't handle the listing or shipping of Amazon Marketplace items, so you'll need to contact the seller with any questions you may have before ordering. 7:12:27 PM
Kavitha:If you'd like to get in touch with a seller before placing an order, follow these steps: 7:12:53 PM
Kavitha:1. Go to the product listing you're interested in.7:12:53 PM
Kavitha:2. Click on the seller's nickname or logo.7:12:53 PM
Kavitha:3. Look for the "Seller Help" section in the lower right column. Contact information will appear there. 7:12:53 PM
Kavitha:please give the seller 2-3 business days to get back to you.

they just read off a ****ing script people

I heard this game has gotten a couple 6's...I'm really debating on whether to keep this or get Rage. I loved Demon's souls though...

[quote name='mr_bungle']I heard this game has gotten a couple 9's...I'm really debating on whether to keep this or get Rage. I loved Demon's souls though...[/QUOTE]

Get both!

[quote name='urallgyots']NO! There are two separate UPCs and SKUs for the standard and CE editions. Check the UPC for your order, if its 722674110471 then youre going to get the standard edition. If it says 722674110570 youre going to get the CE edition (these are only for the ps3 version). Managers at ALL major retailers told me that Namco stopped issuing the CE due to high demand; this is about when Amazon stopped having it in stock as well. If you didn't preorder sometime in mid september, youre screwed.

But if you want to listen to a couple of amazon reps from India that read off a script and barely speak english, then be my guest. Pre-order the standard edition now and see how that goes[/QUOTE]
I'll vent on someone and hopefully score some credit or something if I don't get a CE. Thats some bait and switch shit, saying any pre-order is going to be a free upgrade to CE and then not doing it.

[quote name='urallgyots']here's your proof that they dont know shit[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience that you need to go to the second level of Amazon customer support to get anything non-basic done.

[quote name='paddlefoot']It has been my experience that you need to go to the second level of Amazon customer support to get anything non-basic done.[/QUOTE]

Correct -- the American CSR team does a great job. I don't even bother with the outsourced help unless it's something extremely basic and impossible to mess up.

[quote name='twztid13']who deemed you the 'decider of all that is stupid' (especially so much that you had to search out 2 posts of mine from WAY back, in which after expressing my displeasure with the bait & switch, i cancelled my order)?
[/QUOTE]

I deem myself the guy with much better reading comprehension and logical thinking skills than you. I don't mind a little debate or disagreement, but it's like you randomly read every other sentence I wrote and didn't understand any of the points I made. Since you're either being deliberately obtuse or just really dumb, I'm better off ignoring you.

Anyway, can't wait to get this game on Tuesday!

if i preorder it tomorrow @ gamestop, what are my chances of getting the collector edition bumpup/preorder bonus?

[quote name='xMagic12x']if i preorder it tomorrow @ gamestop, what are my chances of getting the collector edition bumpup/preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]dont think theyre taking pre orders anymore

[quote name='xMagic12x']if i preorder it tomorrow @ gamestop, what are my chances of getting the collector edition bumpup/preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

Most (all?) Gamestops already have their copies since late last week, so unless someone has cancelled in the last couple of days probably zero.

Gamestop's system usually won't allow you to pre-order a game once the order has left their warehouse and is on the way to the store. I've even been turned down on being able to pre-order some big titles that they knew they would have extras of, but the system apparently won't let them.

any review score lower than an 8.0 for this game is merely a ploy to get hits to the site (like how that fatass from destructoid gave Witcher 2 a 6)

if the reviewer is terrible at video games, he shouldnt lower the score based off this alone. Dark Souls as a standalone titled is top-notch relative to its genre and other similar titles. I hate racing games and cant stand Gran Turismo 5 but if I had to review it, I'd rate it based on its merits as a racing title and now how much I hate the racing genre.

[quote name='urallgyots']any review score lower than an 8.0 for this game is merely a ploy to get hits to the site (like how that fatass from destructoid gave Witcher 2 a 6)

if the reviewer is terrible at video games, he shouldnt lower the score based off this alone. Dark Souls as a standalone titled is top-notch relative to its genre and other similar titles. I hate racing games and cant stand Gran Turismo 5 but if I had to review it, I'd rate it based on its merits as a racing title and now how much I hate the racing genre.[/QUOTE]

Or the reviewer just doesn't like the game as much as you do. See, every review is actually an individual's opinion, and they're not required to boost the numbers just because the product is popular.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Is anyone's order on shipping soon? (Amazon)[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing. I imagine they'll be doing next day shipping tomorrow for all the orders that have release day shipping.

[quote name='eastx']Or the reviewer just doesn't like the game as much as you do. See, every review is actually an individual's opinion, and they're not required to boost the numbers just because the product is popular.[/QUOTE]

I think his point was that if you don't like the game, or the genre in general, you really shouldn't be reviewing it because your natural bias against the game/genre will undoubtedly taint the review. A review is meant to be as objective as possible. It's completely subjective if someone gives Dark Souls a 5 because it's too hard for them or they don't have the patience for old school difficulty, just like it would be completely subjective to give GT5 a 5 because the reviewer hates sim racing and thinks the game is boring or too slow. The same obviously works on the other end of the spectrum when talking about rabid fanboys.

[quote name='Ardrid']I think his point was that if you don't like the game, or the genre in general, you really shouldn't be reviewing it because your natural bias against the game/genre will undoubtedly taint the review. A review is meant to be as objective as possible. It's completely subjective if someone gives Dark Souls a 5 because it's too hard for them or they don't have the patience for old school difficulty, just like it would be completely subjective to give GT5 a 5 because the reviewer hates sim racing and thinks the game is boring or too slow.[/QUOTE]

But if we lived by that mantra, then no game would ever get bad reviews. The site would just hand 'bad' games to the reviewer with the lowest standards or integrity. It's kind of like how Eidos threw a fit when GameSpot gave Kane & Lynch a harsh review. Are you guys suggesting that a less honest person should have reviewed the game? Or maybe the whole staff should have played through the game in its entirety until they found the person who liked it the most/disliked it the least, and that guy could write about it. Come on now.

Almost every site assigns reviews to the individuals who like the genre or show an interest in the game rather than just assigning them randomly. Beyond that, as long as the reviewer goes in with an open mind, he's not obligated to like the game. If he was, it wouldn't be a critical review.

Even fans of RPGs or hard games like Ninja Gaiden could potentially be dissatisfied with Dark Souls, or maybe they just love it a little less than other people and give it a 6 or 7. Nothing has gone wrong in this process as reviewers aren't part of the game's PR team. They're not writing an advertisement for the game; they're analyzing and critiquing it.

[quote name='eastx']But if we lived by that mantra, then no game would ever get bad reviews. The site would just hand 'bad' games to the reviewer with the lowest standards or integrity. [/QUOTE]

no. Bad games get bad reviews. Good games get good reviews. If Dark Souls was a poorly crafted game then by all means give it a 6. But there is no denying that this game is technically and gameplay-wise perfectly crafted within its genre. If a reviewer doesn't like this sort of game, then he shouldn't be reviewing it in the first place. His review is only a reflection of his own bias against difficult games. If I was to review GT5 I'd give it a 3/10 but will that review be indicative of the game in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xMagic12x']if i preorder it tomorrow @ gamestop, what are my chances of getting the collector edition bumpup/preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]

Call or go to Gamestop tomorrow and ask, see if they ordered any extra CE copies.
Then check the link below to see if one of your stores is doing a midnight release.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/oct3-midnightevent/

Unless they changed it recently, Gamestop holds all preorders for 48 hours after release before putting the game back on the shelf.

Some stores will put your name on a list to call when any are up for grabs.

[quote name='KrizB']Call or go to Gamestop tomorrow and ask, see if they ordered any extra CE copies.
Then check the link below to see if one of your stores is doing a midnight release.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/oct3-midnightevent/

Unless they changed it recently, Gamestop holds all preorders for 48 hours after release before putting the game back on the shelf.

Some stores will put your name on a list to call when any are up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

My friend manages a gamestop and they won't have any extra CE's unless your incredibly lucky as he said they only sent 1/2 copies per store extra in his region if any at all and they stopped taking preorders on the CE awhile ago you can only preorder the regular version.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^ I am still "not yet shipped" with prime and release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

This is perfectly normal for Amazon. It'll still arrive on release day.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']This is perfectly normal for Amazon. It'll still arrive on release day.[/QUOTE]

when do they actually charge your card? they day of or before?

I actually tried this past weekend before going to BB. They were still taking pre-orders for Dark Souls, but I asked if it will get upgraded to the Collector's Edition. He said nope, they stopped taking pre-orders for that a few weeks ago since they had to request the amount that needed to be shipped to their store.

[quote name='urallgyots']
no. Bad games get bad reviews. Good games get good reviews. If Dark Souls was a poorly crafted game then by all means give it a 6. But there is no denying that this game is technically and gameplay-wise perfectly crafted within its genre. If a reviewer doesn't like this sort of game, then he shouldn't be reviewing it in the first place. His review is only a reflection of his own bias against difficult games. If I was to review GT5 I'd give it a 3/10 but will that review be indicative of the game in any way?[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point that all opinions about games are subjective. No game is undeniably good or bad; it completely comes down to the individual. Somebody might love low-budget games like Earth Defense Force 2017 or Oneechanbara that many other people would dismiss out right. Neither side is more correct than the other, though being open-minded is of course best.

Like I said above, just because someone likes action-RPGs or likes hard games, that still doesn't guarantee that they will like Dark Souls. The game is a combination of hundreds, if not thousands of creative decisions. There is simply no way that the end result will be all things to all people or even all things to all members of a selected portion of people.

If somebody dislikes the game or doesn't like it as much as you, that doesn't automatically mean he didn't give it a fair shake or that he shouldn't have played it. As a reader, you may be able to see his points and understand his perspective, even though you don't share it. Or you could just completely disagree.

I also caution you against making up your mind too firmly on a product before experiencing it. We're all excited about the game and most of us have watched a lot of videos and read a lot about it. But no matter how well informed you are, you can't 100% predict what the whole game's experience will be like for you. It could be that you will have more fun at the beginning than in the middle, or certain elements that you're not aware of will drag parts of it down. It's good to be positive, but you've got to have an open mind, too.

[quote name='eastx']You're missing the point that all opinions about games are subjective. No game is undeniably good or bad; it completely comes down to the individual. Somebody might love low-budget games like Earth Defense Force 2017 or Oneechanbara that many other people would dismiss out right. Neither side is more correct than the other, though being open-minded is of course best.

Like I said above, just because someone likes action-RPGs or likes hard games, that still doesn't guarantee that they will like Dark Souls. The game is a combination of hundreds, if not thousands of creative decisions. There is simply no way that the end result will be all things to all people or even all things to all members of a selected portion of people.

If somebody dislikes the game or doesn't like it as much as you, that doesn't automatically mean he didn't give it a fair shake or that he shouldn't have played it. As a reader, you may be able to see his points and understand his perspective, even though you don't share it. Or you could just completely disagree.

I also caution you against making up your mind too firmly on a product before experiencing it. We're all excited about the game and most of us have watched a lot of videos and read a lot about it. But no matter how well informed you are, you can't 100% predict what the whole game's experience will be like for you. It could be that you will have more fun at the beginning than in the middle, or certain elements that you're not aware of will drag parts of it down. It's good to be positive, but you've got to have an open mind, too.[/QUOTE]

a review should be based on two factors alone: technical proficiency and fun factor. Its undeniable that Dark Souls has the total package in terms of the technicals: low glitches, great control, great graphics (no screen tearing, minimal framerate issues), and great sound. Obviously the fun factor is completely subjective but that is why a reviewer should be neutral towards this sort of game to begin with. Difficulty does not detract from how fun a game is unless the game is broken and cheap and Dark Souls isnt either of those things.

I say all of this with full confidence because I've played Demon's Souls extensively and it's being made by the same team.

[quote name='eastx']You're missing the point that all opinions about games are subjective. No game is undeniably good or bad; it completely comes down to the individual. Somebody might love low-budget games like Earth Defense Force 2017 or Oneechanbara that many other people would dismiss out right. Neither side is more correct than the other, though being open-minded is of course best.

I also caution you against making up your mind too firmly on a product before experiencing it. We're all excited about the game and most of us have watched a lot of videos and read a lot about it. But no matter how well informed you are, you can't 100% predict what the whole game's experience will be like for you. It could be that you will have more fun at the beginning than in the middle, or certain elements that you're not aware of will drag parts of it down. It's good to be positive, but you've got to have an open mind, too.[/QUOTE]

All opinions are subjective, but all reviews are meant to be objective and based on a clearly defined set of criteria. It's no different than being a judge: your own subjective biases may color your reasoning and interpretation, but ultimately it's the objective rules that result in the decision.

[quote name='eastx']Or the reviewer just doesn't like the game as much as you do. See, every review is actually an individual's opinion, and they're not required to boost the numbers just because the product is popular.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you,but he's talking about Jim Sterling.All he does is give stuff a bad review to get hits..How he has a job I got no clue,he's so fucking annoying.

[quote name='eastx']You're missing the point that all opinions about games are subjective. No game is undeniably good or bad; it completely comes down to the individual. [/QUOTE]

Not trying to be argumentative here, but that bolded statement is wrong. So wrong. There are undeniably good and bad games.

For instance: Mass Effect 2 is undeniably good. It may not be your cup of tea as far as genre goes (I'm actually not a big RPG fan) but there is no denying the fact that Mass Effect 2 is a phenomenal game.

On the flip side, a game like Naughty Bear is undeniably bad. The camera sucks, the graphics suck, the gameplay mechanics suck. The game is bad. Now, whether you like it or not, that's on the individual and there is certainly no accounting for taste, but dont get it twisted.

Thats like saying Gigli and LOTR are the same level of movie. LOTR is undeniably good, while Gigli is undeniably bad.

[quote name='The_Lawlbringer']Not trying to be argumentative here, but that bolded statement is wrong. So wrong. There are undeniably good and bad games.

For instance: Mass Effect 2 is undeniably good. It may not be your cup of tea as far as genre goes (I'm actually not a big RPG fan) but there is no denying the fact that Mass Effect 2 is a phenomenal game.

On the flip side, a game like Naughty Bear is undeniably bad. The camera sucks, the graphics suck, the gameplay mechanics suck. The game is bad. Now, whether you like it or not, that's on the individual and there is certainly no accounting for taste, but dont get it twisted.

Thats like saying Gigli and LOTR are the same level of movie. LOTR is undeniably good, while Gigli is undeniably bad.[/QUOTE]

Everything you said is wrong.

[quote name='The_Lawlbringer']Not trying to be argumentative here, but that bolded statement is wrong. So wrong. There are undeniably good and bad games.

Thats like saying Gigli and LOTR are the same level of movie. LOTR is undeniably good, while Gigli is undeniably bad.[/QUOTE]

I dont quite agree with that. Eastx is right though. There is no undeniably bad or good game. Just like any form of entertainment. If its "bad" its based on popular opinion. Theres no clear cut system that defines good or bad. Its all subjective in the FIRST place.

I can say Mass Effect 2 is undeniably Bad just as you say its Good. Same with any game "reviewer" or magazine.

Anyways, you have to truly dig down and think deeply about it.

For those that got a TXT from gamestop to pick up their pre-order, did it specify Collectors Edition or just say Dark Souls? All that mine says is Dark Souls. (good thing I have a CE being delivered from amazon as well)

I hate to go off on a tangent here but the gamestop near my house hired a new employee and HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl has the perfect tit to body ratio ive ever seen :O And she has the face of an angel

goddamn man I think im in love. Should I ask for her number? :)

do hot 18 year old mexican girls put out or what? I wonder if shes into broke, ugly guys with no life :/

[quote name='urallgyots']NO! There are two separate UPCs and SKUs for the standard and CE editions. Check the UPC for your order, if its 722674110471 then youre going to get the standard edition. If it says 722674110570 youre going to get the CE edition (these are only for the ps3 version). Managers at ALL major retailers told me that Namco stopped issuing the CE due to high demand; this is about when Amazon stopped having it in stock as well. If you didn't preorder sometime in mid september, youre screwed.

But if you want to listen to a couple of amazon reps from India that read off a script and barely speak english, then be my guest. Pre-order the standard edition now and see how that goes[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but you're new here and all you have done is spread misinformation to upset people. Earlier you claimed Kmart was getting the CE. Kmart isn't getting any CEs and never was according to the official Kmart buyer for video games who is an active member here. He said it's because Kmart doesn't do pre-orders and posted this information weeks ago. People who pre-ordered from a major retailer on the official list of CE vendors as released by Namco up until a few days ago are guaranteed to get the CE. That includes Amazon. Anyone who buys it on release day or later may still get a CE if some are left over, but there is no guarantee. The whole "there are two SKUs" thing is not the determinant. Both versions will trigger the warehouse to ship the CE if you pre-ordered. If you didn't or did so within the last couple of days after they pulled down the banner, you are not guaranteed. The CSRs may be reading a script, but they didn't write it, Amazon did. I've been buying from Amazon for years and if they make a mistake, they will fix it, including refunding money, granting credits, etc...if what they promised doesn't occur. How about you stop posting your speculation here until Tuesday, ok? What are you, some scumbag reseller who has a bunch lined up looking to gouge people here and elsewhere?

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, but you're new here and all you have done is spread misinformation to upset people. Earlier you claimed Kmart was getting the CE. Kmart isn't getting any CEs and never was according to the official Kmart buyer for video games who is an active member here. He said it's because Kmart doesn't do pre-orders and posted this information weeks ago. People who pre-ordered from a major retailer on the official list of CE vendors as released by Namco up until a few days ago are guaranteed to get the CE. That includes Amazon. Anyone who buys it on release day or later may still get a CE if some are left over, but there is no guarantee. The whole "there are two SKUs" thing is not the determinant. Both versions will trigger the warehouse to ship the CE if you pre-ordered. If you didn't or did so within the last couple of days after they pulled down the banner, you are not guaranteed. The CSRs may be reading a script, but they didn't write it, Amazon did. I've been buying from Amazon for years and if they make a mistake, they will fix it, including refunding money, granting credits, etc...if what they promised doesn't occur. How about you stop posting your speculation here until Tuesday, ok? What are you, some scumbag reseller who has a bunch lined up looking to gouge people here and elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

I claimed Kmart was getting the CE? when did I do that? please quote me on this. I did call them and they said they dont have the CE, that's all I know about kmart. I only reiterate what the rep told me, I dont shop there to begin with.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']I dont quite agree with that. Eastx is right though. There is no undeniably bad or good game. Just like any form of entertainment. If its "bad" its based on popular opinion. Theres no clear cut system that defines good or bad. Its all subjective in the FIRST place.

I can say Mass Effect 2 is undeniably Bad just as you say its Good. Same with any game "reviewer" or magazine.

Anyways, you have to truly dig down and think deeply about it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! As someone who reviews games for a living, it's frustrating when people have misconceptions about the nature of reviews. The idea that a game should be absolutely guaranteed to get glowing reviews because a single individual who is not a reviewer thinks it's perfection is just silly.

[quote name='Hestar']I would agree with you,but he's talking about Jim Sterling.All he does is give stuff a bad review to get hits..How he has a job I got no clue,he's so fucking annoying.[/QUOTE]

That's a special case. If a reviewer reviews things dishonestly or approaches them with too much bias, readers should be able to pick up on that. The reviewer discredits himself, and we learn not to take his reviews seriously.

[quote name='Ardrid']All opinions are subjective, but all reviews are meant to be objective and based on a clearly defined set of criteria. It's no different than being a judge: your own subjective biases may color your reasoning and interpretation, but ultimately it's the objective rules that result in the decision.[/QUOTE]

But the criteria can vary from place to place and reviewer to reviewer. Each organization (site, magazine, etc.) has its own standards which can vary greatly. Some places give individual reviewers almost complete freedom, while others want certain areas to be mentioned or avoided. Me, I care about Achievements so my reviews tend to consider the impact they have on the game. Another site or another reviewer may not care about them at all. Basically, the all-encompassing rules that you allude to don't exist, but sites and individuals can make their own rules, which only apply to them and not to other sites and individuals.

[quote name='urallgyots']I hate to go off on a tangent here but the gamestop near my house hired a new employee and HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl has the perfect tit to body ratio ive ever seen :O And she has the face of an angel

goddamn man I think im in love. Should I ask for her number? :)

do hot 18 year old mexican girls put out or what? I wonder if shes into broke, ugly guys with no life :/[/QUOTE]

Oh you...

The way I look at it is, If i don't get the collectors edition with my amazon purchase, Im gonna raise some hell as a misinformed customer. In reality i wont really care, but Heres hoping for some amazon credit! I've spoken to 3 CSRs now, one that actually was american (or not from india at least) and Im going to use these conversations as pure ammo.

[quote name='iPhone']Oh you...[/QUOTE]

seriously dude go to the planet X/Gamestop at the glendale galleria, that girl is BEYOND fine

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap :lol:

and she has that cute little mexican accent going too man, 5'5 with a huge rack and a tiny waist DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN SONNNN

[quote name='TPerryoo7']The way I look at it is, If i don't get the collectors edition with my amazon purchase, Im gonna raise some hell as a misinformed customer. In reality i wont really care, but Heres hoping for some amazon credit! I've spoken to 3 CSRs now, one that actually was american (or not from india at least) and Im going to use these conversations as pure ammo.[/QUOTE]

You go Tyler Perry!

[quote name='eastx']Thank you! As someone who reviews games for a living, it's frustrating when people have misconceptions about the nature of reviews. The idea that a game should be absolutely guaranteed to get glowing reviews because a single individual who is not a reviewer thinks it's perfection is just silly.

That's a special case. If a reviewer reviews things dishonestly or approaches them with too much bias, readers should be able to pick up on that. The reviewer discredits himself, and we learn not to take his reviews seriously.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. there are quite a few of these people. youll never change the way they think about it though. Some people just dont understand. Oh well! :booty: to them lol.

[quote name='urallgyots']seriously dude go to the planet X/Gamestop at the glendale galleria, that girl is BEYOND fine

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap :lol:

and she has that cute little mexican accent going too man, 5'5 with a huge rack and a tiny waist DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN SONNNN[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just post a picture of her?

On second thought, don't do that.

[quote name='eastx']Thank you! As someone who reviews games for a living, it's frustrating when people have misconceptions about the nature of reviews. The idea that a game should be absolutely guaranteed to get glowing reviews because a single individual who is not a reviewer thinks it's perfection is just silly.

That's a special case. If a reviewer reviews things dishonestly or approaches them with too much bias, readers should be able to pick up on that. The reviewer discredits himself, and we learn not to take his reviews seriously.

But the criteria can vary from place to place and reviewer to reviewer. Each organization (site, magazine, etc.) has its own standards which can vary greatly. Some places give individual reviewers almost complete freedom, while others want certain areas to be mentioned or avoided. Me, I care about Achievements so my reviews tend to consider the impact they have on the game. Another site or another reviewer may not care about them at all. Basically, the all-encompassing rules that you allude to don't exist, but sites and individuals can make their own rules, which only apply to them and not to other sites and individuals.[/QUOTE]

But, see, that's exactly what I'm talking about when I mention subjectivity impacting what should strictly be an objective affair. Whether you care about achievements or not should have no bearing on whether the game is objectively good or bad, no more than whether you like the genre of music chosen for the game or the color of a character's hair. That's not to say subjectivity does not have its place in reviews, but it should be decidedly ancillary and secondary

bread's done
Back