Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
I first mentioned the CE listing right when they put it up... Placed an order for it just to be safe and I ended up cancelling the "regular" edition pre-order that linked to the same page. I'm not sure why some people didn't re-order like I did back then just to be safe rather than assume...

Anyways , my order summary explicitly says CE on it, and it's shipping soon with RDD. Good luck to all you who stuck it out! Kinda sad I'm paying $56.99 for this; damn Best Buy!

[quote name='Ardrid']There's a difference between being hard and being retardedly cheap and frustrating. Co-op Legendary falls into the latter category.[/QUOTE]

That is true, but when there are PS3 fanboys trashing XBoxers saying they don't know difficult... you can't deny the difficulty example I used. Cheap or not it can be done and I would absolutely argue it's either just as hard and if not than harder than DS's...

And I don't think there's a difference between hard and cheap in terms of difficulty. Both are difficult. You can be difficult and be fair, unfair, cheap, uncompromising, etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trance Addix']I have a feeling I won't be getting mine tomorrow, and also won't be happy until I see that it's the collectors edition in my hand.[/QUOTE]

Mine just change to ´shipping soon´a few minutes ago.
Don´t lose hope Mr. Trance Addix, I had pre-orders that shipped at Monday 7pm EST and they arrived on Tuesday before noon.

[quote name='JKSonic']That is true, but when there are PS3 fanboys trashing XBoxers saying they don't know difficult... you can't deny the difficulty example I used. Cheap or not it can be done and I would absolutely argue it's either just as hard and if not than harder than DS's...

And I don't think there's a difference between hard and cheap in terms of difficulty. Both are difficult. You can be difficult and be fair, unfair, cheap, uncompromising, etc etc.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference when it pertains to Demons Souls. The game was never cheap, every death I've had was because I wasn't thinking and slipped up or got comfortable. Demons souls is hard but doable, if you don't have the patience to stick it out and learn from your mistakes, then you will never beat this game. Ive played both and have both systems. Legendary on Halo is cheap, Demon's souls doesn't have a difficulty setting because it's not something you need to adjust, you need to understand it. Once you understand it, the frustration is gone and while it is nervous going through the game knowing you're going to die, it's just a learning experience.

[quote name='maynard']last chance, i just started demon souls and i'm only 10 hours in. Do i keep my dark souls reservation?[/quote]

do eeeet!

I wonder if Fry's is gonna get the CE. I know when the Catherine Love is Over edition was in the work, Fry's was never listed as a store to carry the CE, so there may be hope there?

I just spoke with an Amazon rep. I had never cancelled my order for the basic Dark Souls when the CE got a listing. They showed the upgrade to CE and sent me an email, but looking at my order they were going to charge me for both regular and CE and subsequently send both too. Anyway, the rep assured me that I’ll get the CE tomorrow. Most often I get the “shipped” email in the evenings, so I wouldn’t panic if you haven’t received one yet.

[quote name='pukadon']I just spoke with an Amazon rep. I had never cancelled my order for the basic Dark Souls when the CE got a listing. They showed the upgrade to CE and sent me an email, but looking at my order they were going to charge me for both regular and CE and subsequently send both too. Anyway, the rep assured me that I’ll get the CE tomorrow. Most often I get the “shipped” email in the evenings, so I wouldn’t panic if you haven’t received one yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, news about who will get the CE and if you ordered the standard or CE version is all over the place. I myself wait. I preorder this back in March, even before news of a CE existed, so I "should" get the CE since I ordered first if it goes ala "first come first served". Otherwsie, I can complain very well and have a good valid reason to even expect compensation from any screw-up. Amazon CS really doesn't know anything of much, all we can do is wait and see.

[quote name='Maynard']Last chance, I just started Demon Souls and I'm only 10 hours in. Do I keep my Dark Souls reservation?[/QUOTE]

why do you continue on and ask others, if you have played 10 hours I'm pretty sure you figured that you hate it/love it or what not

:wall:

[quote name='pukadon']I just spoke with an Amazon rep. I had never cancelled my order for the basic Dark Souls when the CE got a listing. They showed the upgrade to CE and sent me an email, but looking at my order they were going to charge me for both regular and CE and subsequently send both too. Anyway, the rep assured me that I’ll get the CE tomorrow. Most often I get the “shipped” email in the evenings, so I wouldn’t panic if you haven’t received one yet.[/QUOTE]

Amazon reps are nuts just about now, just a day ago someone posted some screens. We'll find out on delivery day, I'm sure there will be some suicides if people don't get their CE.

_.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5382/dspreorder2.png
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/723/dspreorder3.png
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1442/dspreorder.png

My Best Buy order is coming tomorrow via usps and it only shows shipping weight of only 1lb for 3x CE. I'm skeptic that I am getting collectors since the game with metal case and art book gotta weight at least 8 ounces each.

I pre-ordered my copy on May 11 from Amazon. When I clicked Dark Souls from my order it took me to the collector page with the $100+ for the game. When I click the normal version it said that was the order I placed. I called Amazon and the guy looked at the ASIN# and said it was the C.E. Then he sends me a email confirming it.

He also said the memo they got says, "All customers who ordered Dark Souls before 9/20 will get the upgrade to the C.E."

Amazon CS is going to hate Tues & Wed.

I could have sworn I got free release date shipping because of Amazon Prime when I pre-ordered back in June, but that's not what shows up when I check by hitting "change my shipping speed."

Gonna be really sad if I can't play tomorrow. If it isn't here by Wednesday I won't be able to play until the following Monday.

[quote name='JKSonic']The whole PS3 Demon's Souls players are better than 360 only owners and they're easy games thing is hilarious. For one, CoD games on Veteran are pretty dawn hard. For 2, ever play Gears of War or Halo on their hardest settings? Pretty damn hard as well.

Now, you go beat Halo 2 on Legendary CoOp and come back and tell XBox only gamers that they don't know difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls isn't really that hard anyway. It can be quite challenging, but it isn't hard just for the sake of being hard. There aren't any CoD-esque enemies who can drop a grenade on your boot from 300 yards away, or enemies that instantly materialize two feet behind you and one-shot you or anything like that. Its much more fair that that. You have to be patient, and learn from your mistakes, and just pay attention to what the game is telling you. And just remember that your character is not some uber badass that can run into the middle of a room and kill anything at will with a good combo or two.

Just as people who played Demon's Souls for the first time found, Dark Souls is probably going to be much tougher than many people think, and a lot of gaming egos are going to get knocked down a notch or two, especially for x360 players who haven't played Demon's Souls, because there really isn't anything else like Demon's/Dark Souls on the 360.

[quote name='Bumslie']I pre-ordered my copy on May 11 from Amazon. When I clicked Dark Souls from my order it took me to the collector page with the $100+ for the game. When I click the normal version it said that was the order I placed. I called Amazon and the guy looked at the ASIN# and said it was the C.E. Then he sends me a email confirming it.

He also said the memo they got says, "All customers who ordered Dark Souls before 9/20 will get the upgrade to the C.E."

Amazon CS is going to hate Tues & Wed.[/QUOTE]

I placed my order on 9/26 for the collector's edition (during the brief time it came back up) My order clearly says "Dark Souls Collectors Edition"

If amazon sends me the regular they are going to be hearing from a very irate customer!

OT but I find it funny that Id has been working on Rage for years now and they're going to get killed on sales numbers to a game that punishes you for playing it. Seriously, NOBODY is talking about Rage right now other than the ridiculous install sizes. I don't think the PC forum even has a thread devoted to the game lol.

Even Amazon is like fuck that game because it's still not showing as shipping soon on my order. I'd be pissed if it weren't for the fact I'm not going to play it right away.

Amazon just cancelled my Xbox 360 preorder that I placed over a month ago. I called and the lady just kept repeating "I'm sorry, if the order was cancelled the only way to get it back is to repurchase it." I've never received such poor customer service from Amazon before.

[quote name='Maynard']Last chance, I just started Demon Souls and I'm only 10 hours in. Do I keep my Dark Souls reservation?[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes you do Maynard.

I decided to put my CE up for grabs on Amazon just for the lols and someone just bought it. Ooh lala. I just hope I can snag another CE preorder this late in the game.

[quote name='Jodou']OT but I find it funny that Id has been working on Rage for years now and they're going to get killed on sales numbers to a game that punishes you for playing it. Seriously, NOBODY is talking about Rage right now other than the ridiculous install sizes. I don't think the PC forum even has a thread devoted to the game lol.

Even Amazon is like fuck that game because it's still not showing as shipping soon on my order. I'd be pissed if it weren't for the fact I'm not going to play it right away.[/QUOTE]

I think part of the reason for that is that Rage reminds many of Fallout 3 or Borderlands. There's also id's track record of largely doing the same type of game.

Can anyone tell me Best Buy's preorder policy? I'm wondering since I just placed mine yesterday and I don't wanna show up and have them sold out. Is it first come first serve? Like can I just show up when the store opens and get my preorder before someone who reserved theirs months ago? Or can I only get my copy after the earlier purchasers have picked theirs up?

Ugh, Amazon needs to stop outsourcing their CSR.

You are now connected to Deepak from Amazon.com.
Deepak :Hello, my name is Deepak. I'll be happy to help you. 10:43:51 AM

Me:Hi10:44:33 AM

Deepak :David, Are you there?10:45:44 AM

Me:Yes10:45:50 AM
Me:I'd like to know if you guys are still honoring the collectors edition upgrade for dark souls10:46:11 AM
Me:Deepak, are you there?10:48:27 AM

Deepak :David, Wait for 1 or 2 minutes while I am looking into the matter.10:48:56 AM
Deepak :http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dark+souls&x= Please click on the above link.10:52:52 AM
Deepak :Is this the item?10:53:04 AM

Me:That's a list of multiple items10:54:58 AM
Me:Here's the exact product10:55:05 AM
Me:http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Pl...N5EO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317664478&sr=8-110:55:06 AM
Me:I'm inquiring about the PS3 copy by the way.10:55:16 AM

Deepak :I am very sorry we keep our website updating. I request you to please check it after 2 or 3 business days. Right now there is no promotion on this website.10:56:33 AM
Deepak :*available.10:56:45 AM

Me:It says on the Dark Souls website that all preorders through Amazon will be upgraded.10:58:01 AM
Me:The game releases tomorrow so after "2 or 3 business days" will become moot10:58:26 AM

Deepak :It takes some time to upgrade.10:58:26 AM

Me:I don't understand what you're saying10:58:39 AM
Me:Deepak, are you still there?11:01:53 AM

Deepak :I am very sorry I had checked it again for you. I t seems that this promotion applied only in Trade-in Account.11:02:20 AM

Me:You are referring to the wrong promotion.11:03:02 AM
Me:You are referring to the "Bonus offer"11:03:45 AM
Me:I am referring to the preorder offer11:03:51 AM
Me:I don't think you know what you are talking about.11:04:04 AM
Me:Can I talk to someone at a higher level?11:04:19 AM

Deepak :Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you? 11:05:34 AM

Me:As long as you know what you are talking about11:07:09 AM

Deepak :Can you please provide me the link of the promotion?11:13:17 AM

Me:http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/11:13:53 AM
Me:Could you forward me to a manager please, you are not helping me and I don't have the time to wait around.11:16:17 AM
Me:I've been on chat with you for half an hour and you cannot answer my questions.11:17:58 AM
Me:Good bye

If you pre-ordered from BB then they will have a copy waiting for you at the store you placed the order. It does not matter how far in advance you placed the order. You have 5 days to pick it up.

I have never missed my pickup window but I assume they just put your game on the shelf for sale and refund you the $$ if you don't stop in for your copy.

[quote name='The Long Haired Bard']Can anyone tell me Best Buy's preorder policy? I'm wondering since I just placed mine yesterday and I don't wanna show up and have them sold out. Is it first come first serve? Like can I just show up when the store opens and get my preorder before someone who reserved theirs months ago? Or can I only get my copy after the earlier purchasers have picked theirs up?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I might go through them if they have it.

[quote name='DangKid']Ugh, Amazon needs to stop outsourcing their CSR.[/QUOTE]

Lmao, that is some funny shit to read. He had absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

[quote name='The Long Haired Bard']Can anyone tell me Best Buy's preorder policy? I'm wondering since I just placed mine yesterday and I don't wanna show up and have them sold out. Is it first come first serve? Like can I just show up when the store opens and get my preorder before someone who reserved theirs months ago? Or can I only get my copy after the earlier purchasers have picked theirs up?[/QUOTE]
I would just show up when they open because BB is clueless when it comes to pre-orders. Chances are they didn't get enough to cover pre-orders, so the early bird gets the worm.
[quote name='DangKid']Hello, my name is Deepak.[/QUOTE][CUSTOMSPOILER=???????????????]
images
[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

People really wanting to get a CE, I would go and hit up your local gamestop.
Went in today and asked if they had any extra's of the CE and they had 2.
One on 360 and one on PS3. So needless to say i was able to get a PS3 CE having just preordered it today. Going to pick it up at midnight to be safe.

So for those who just aren't sure, i'd try that out.

[quote name='Ray5555']:: Sits back and waits for the huge fuck storm tomorrow:: Who here is with me?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya. I decided not to mess with my Amazon pre-order from months ago and just see what arrives. I figure if they screw mine up there will be a LOT of others that get messed up as well.

As long as I get a working copy of the game (CE or standard) on time tomorrow Amazon can figure out how to compensate me if it is not the CE I was promised. Meanwhile I will fire up the game and start invading all of you. :drool:

[quote name='DangKid']I decided to put my CE up for grabs on Amazon just for the lols and someone just bought it. Ooh lala. I just hope I can snag another CE preorder this late in the game.[/QUOTE]

How much did you sell it for?

[quote name='Wanderlai']so I have had my preorder in with Amazon since the jump....I'll get a CE right?[/QUOTE]

No, you're fucked, better harass Amazon CS some more.

Somehow it only seems fitting that the Dark Souls CE would be shrouded in this much mystery, angst, and general wailing less than 24 hours from the street date.

:applause:

bread's done
Back