Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
No, except an awesome game

You can jump straight to this one and miss nothing aside from experience

EDIT: I updated the OP with some info we have been gathering. It wont help but cant hurt

[quote name='Rockbot']How much did you sell it for?[/QUOTE]

Check out the prices they are going for right now on Amazon. That should give you an idea :).

People should be getting their shipping confirmation soon if not already. Can people look at their tracking page on UPS and post their item weight and whether they know what version they are getting?

I had two orders. One "Dark Souls" in May and one "dark souls CE" in June. Both shipped.. both show 1.3 pounds. Don't know how accurate or how much a tin case and artbook could possibly weigh... but if anyone know they are getting normal and have a lower weight then we'd know for sure.

Actually my resistance 3 order was .3 lbs according to UPS. So there you go... i hope.

[quote name='Jodou']OT but I find it funny that Id has been working on Rage for years now and they're going to get killed on sales numbers to a game that punishes you for playing it. Seriously, NOBODY is talking about Rage right now other than the ridiculous install sizes. I don't think the PC forum even has a thread devoted to the game lol.[/QUOTE]

You're crazy if you think Dark Souls is going to outsell Rage. I assure you that it won't. Plenty of people are talking about Rage, just not on CAG, and the main reason DS is creating so much discussion here is because of this whole CE debacle.

I don't have a dog in this race, and don't really care about the sales numbers because I plan to get both games at some point. But Rage is going to be huge.

Wait, why is everyone freaking out about the CE stuff? I preordered mine back when it was first announced and mine is 'shipping soon' and says it's the CE..what's the big deal?

Also at the outrageous prices these are selling for, I'm debating on just selling my CE and getting a regular. That's almost a free game.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Wait, why is everyone freaking out about the CE stuff? I preordered mine back when it was first announced and mine is 'shipping soon' and says it's the CE..what's the big deal?

Also at the outrageous prices these are selling for, I'm debating on just selling my CE and getting a regular. That's almost a free game.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, same here. I also think Fry's will get a few CE's since they usually do for these niche games for some reason.

People are freaking out because for the most part, people love drama

It fuels a large majority of the world. Add in our egos, some OCD and here you: Dark Souls Pre-order thread

I did a double check at what these are selling for on amazon...I mean the CE will be nice, but with the price I could get, I'm just gonna sell mine, buy RAGE, and then rebuy the standard with the $10 credit from that and have them both at a decent price.

I love the prices people are willing to pay on eBay :D

Disappointed that I couldn't get release date delivery on my preorder from Amazon. I got free 1 day shipping, and it says shipping soon now but with delivery for the 6th.. weird.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I did a double check at what these are selling for on amazon...I mean the CE will be nice, but with the price I could get, I'm just gonna sell mine, buy RAGE, and then rebuy the standard with the $10 credit from that and have them both at a decent price.

I love the prices people are willing to pay on eBay :D[/QUOTE]

Honestly I just listed and sold mine on Amazon. Now I'm just going to order the regular one. I don't need the tin can and soundtrack anyhow. Since it doesn't give anything extra in game, I can pass. But heck, now I will be getting this game for free :applause:

[quote name='Schade']If you pre-ordered from BB then they will have a copy waiting for you at the store you placed the order. It does not matter how far in advance you placed the order. You have 5 days to pick it up.QUOTE]

The thing is though, is that I placed it yesterday. Chances are they didn't get too many copies. I don't wanna go in tomorrow to pick up a copy only to find out that I can't because people who ordered earlier still haven't picked theirs up.

[quote name='Jodou']I would just show up when they open because BB is clueless when it comes to pre-orders. Chances are they didn't get enough to cover pre-orders, so the early bird gets the worm.
[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm going to do since I preordered so late. The store near me doesn't open until 10 am and I have the day off...so if it's just early bird getting the worm, I'll get a copy since most people will have work/college classes at the time.

I'm just hoping they don't have some stupid reservation thing where the earliest preorders get first dibs on a copy...don't wanna wait 3 or 4 days because someone else chose not to pick theirs up early.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I did a double check at what these are selling for on amazon...I mean the CE will be nice, but with the price I could get, I'm just gonna sell mine, buy RAGE, and then rebuy the standard with the $10 credit from that and have them both at a decent price.

I love the prices people are willing to pay on eBay :D[/QUOTE]
Yeah I sold mine for about $85 after ebay/paypal fees. So only made $25 on it but now I can just use that and grab the regular edition plus $25 in coupons from Kmart instead. Then I'll put the rest toward Rage and get another $25 in coupons. Works for me.

[quote name='kingwormer']Honestly I just listed and sold mine on Amazon. Now I'm just going to order the regular one. I don't need the tin can and soundtrack anyhow. Since it doesn't give anything extra in game, I can pass. But heck, now I will be getting this game for free :applause:[/QUOTE]

How much did you manage to sell it for?

I just spoke to Amazon Customer Service. They confirmed for me that I have the PS3 Collector's Edition ordered with release date delivery. It hasn't shipped yet but I'm not too worried (usually when I order a game from them with release date delivery, it doesn't ship until sometime between 6pm and 4am the night before).

My buddy has it pre-ordered at Gamestop for midnight release tonight. I'm going with him so I can pick up the future press guide. I MIGHT grab Rage while I'm there... still debating on that...

I'm sure people have mentioned this on the thread already, but the tin and artbook are the only hardcopy extras, everything else is downloadable.

That said, with the $5 in points and $20 in coupons, I think I'll stick with the standard at K-Mart for $35.

[quote name='jacknicklson']If you sell it for the going rate on amazon right now, you will clear ~108 minus shipping costs[/QUOTE]

Nice hope I manage to sell it than I can just wait and see if Best Buy does a B2G1 sale this month like TRU does every year.:D

[quote name='The Long Haired Bard']That's what I'm going to do since I preordered so late. The store near me doesn't open until 10 am and I have the day off...so if it's just early bird getting the worm, I'll get a copy since most people will have work/college classes at the time.

I'm just hoping they don't have some stupid reservation thing where the earliest preorders get first dibs on a copy...don't wanna wait 3 or 4 days because someone else chose not to pick theirs up early.[/QUOTE]
They don't.

FOR BEST BUY PRE-ORDERS: I can confirm most if not all stores are being short-supplied copies of the CE, but your best shot at getting one is visiting your store NOW to verify they got sufficient stock and if not, beg to have one set aside for your pre-order. My store knows me, so he's already guaranteed my copy since they got 2 ONLY. He didn't let on how many people pre-ordered, but he's preparing for a shitstorm tomorrow and disappointed customers. It is true they listed the CE under the same SKU as the standard edition, so be at your store when they open if you want this. Get there early, because some tend to open ~15 minutes before 10 on new release days.

Good luck!

I preordered 2 for PS3 and now it seems I won't get it. Something happened where I changed the address cuz I moved and now they want me to update payment info but nothing is going through. This fucking sucks. Customer service chat guy was an asshole saying cancel it and re order. If I do that I'll lose the upgrade. Now I'm on the phone and seeing if someone else can do something. fuckity fuck fuck! Rant over..

edit..Phone rep solved it. Now I can only wait and hope that it is going to be the collectors ed.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Probably because of all the pointless complaining and mean remarks[/QUOTE]
Ah I thought it was because a couple of us were talking about reselling.

You know what of would of made it 10x easier for Namco....First printing of the game is CE, easy as that.

Mine still says shipping soon with Release day delivery, but im not worrying about it not showing up tomorrow. Amazon is notorious for sending shipping emails late the night/or early morning of release and I still get it on time. They just lag behind sending the shipping notifications out, but in reality they sent the actual game out several hours before.

My pre-order from Amazon just shipped (RDD). But, there are no indications under the product name that this is the CE. The order was placed on May so there shouldn't be any problems.

These CE's are going to be selling for a grip in the future. With all this panic and the reports were getting from retailers about only a few being CE, there's some money to made here. Wish I pre ordered 2 from BB.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']My pre-order from Amazon just shipped (RDD). But, there are no indications under the product name that this is the CE. The order was placed on May so there shouldn't be any problems.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. It shows a weight of 1.3 lbs, so there is no way it's not a CE since I held the regular version of the game this weekend at the Navy Exchange (they always break street date for some reason) and it's super light.

Just got $20 newegg video game credit as an apology for not shipping the limited edition...though I already canceled the preorder earlier today...

Wow, Newegg screwed up big time:

We're contacting you today regarding your recent pre-order for Dark Souls Limited Edition. Unfortunately, due to an inadvertent order error, the only version Newegg will receive is the regular edition. In an attempt to prevent any confusion upon delivery, and because we understand you may have placed your order with the intention of receiving the Limited Edition, your pre-order will be voided.

[quote name='tossin']Wow, Newegg screwed up big time:[/QUOTE]

And to top it off the $20 Promo code they sent out isn't working for me. fucking Newegg. Or should we be blaming Atlus?

[quote name='flashburn']And to top it off the $20 Promo code they sent out isn't working for me. fucking Newegg. Or should we be blaming Atlus?[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to post the exact code but did yours seem awfully generic and not really account specific too? I haven't tried to order anything with it.

[quote name='flashburn']And to top it off the $20 Promo code they sent out isn't working for me. fucking Newegg. Or should we be blaming Atlus?[/QUOTE]

Got the $20 code, too, and it doesn't work. Lame!

[quote name='bojay1997']Mine too. It shows a weight of 1.3 lbs, so there is no way it's not a CE since I held the regular version of the game this weekend at the Navy Exchange (they always break street date for some reason) and it's super light.[/QUOTE]

Weight shown on UPS website? Mine isn't showing over there yet, maybe in a bit more. If not wrong a normal game is around 3 ~ 5 ounces or 0.19 ~ 0.31 pounds, so higher than that should be the CE.

Edit: It's showing 1.4 lbs so it should be the CE.

You mean Capcom?

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']I'm not going to post the exact code but did yours seem awfully generic and not really account specific too? I haven't tried to order anything with it.[/QUOTE]

Like most Newegg codes, they have to "activate" it on a given account, so you can post it (DSPREORDER) but it won't work for others that aren't eligible. Problem is right now, it doesn't work for anyone.

[quote name='Japakneez']namco likes making all you mad :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I really dont care, Id like to have the art book, but its not a game changer for me personally.

I just think when they put it as "preorders will get the CE, while supplies last", most people thought it would be on par with like BF:Bad Company 2 "Limited Edition", or Rage "Anarchy Edition", or Catherine's first run that came with the art book... ya know, just enough to go around to at least cover the pre-orders.

I got the regular version coming from Amazon, Im just excited to play the game. If I get a CE, bonus.

I just got my $20 off for any future game purchase for preordering the Dark Souls Collectors Edition on Newegg. They are saying that they are no longer getting the Collectors edition, so as an apology they are sending these coupons out via email. They expire 12/31/2012!!! So check your emails! The code just worked for me a few minutes ago when I tried to order Disgaea 4, so for those that are having trouble getting it to work before try it again now.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Just got $20 newegg video game credit as an apology for not shipping the limited edition...though I already canceled the preorder earlier today...[/QUOTE]

I got it too and I had cancelled it on Friday I believe. I'm glad I pre-ordered from BB. I'm getting there when it opens!

[quote name='flashburn']Like most Newegg codes, they have to "activate" it on a given account, so you can post it (DSPREORDER) but it won't work for others that aren't eligible. Problem is right now, it doesn't work for anyone.[/QUOTE]

ah ok, good. thanks for letting me know. i was kinda scared it was going to hit slickdeals or something and we'd all lose out when they shut it down.

From Newegg chat:
Brianna: Thank you for holding! I was not able to find any recent issues with the promocode, so I am unsure why you are receiving this error. In this case, since you are unable to use the code, I would be more than happy to still honor the discount for you. If you can place an order right now and provide me with the order number, I can deduct the $20 off of your purchase before anything is officially charged to your credit card.

FYI, the bestbuy I work at got 0 copies of collector's edition, so I'm even more skeptical about ANYONE getting it honestly...

[quote name='dwmacfar2']FYI, the bestbuy I work at got 0 copies of collector's edition, so I'm even more skeptical about ANYONE getting it honestly...[/QUOTE]

Were there any preorders for it?

Why Atlus gets the blame while Namco Bandai gets away with it???

[quote name='dwmacfar2']FYI, the bestbuy I work at got 0 copies of collector's edition, so I'm even more skeptical about ANYONE getting it honestly...[/QUOTE]

thats really strange. i wonder if there was a last minute manufacturing problem or something?

bread's done
Back