Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jawmuncher']Are you sure its towards anything?
I recall it said only towards the standard DS.

Though it doesnt work right now anyway so we'll see[/QUOTE]

If you look closely at the email letter it says "...in the form of a $20 promotion code that you may use toward the purchase of the regular edition of Dark Souls or any other game you might be interested in."

Also I've already tried it on Disgaea 4 and the code took $20 off.

[quote name='guoguonorm']If you look closely at the email letter it says "...in the form of a $20 promotion code that you may use toward the purchase of the regular edition of Dark Souls or any other game you might be interested in."

Also I've already tried it on Disgaea 4 and the code took $20 off.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok so it just doesn't work with preorder's, not bad at all then actually since it doesn't become invalid until the end of the year.

hmmm, i got this too. does newegg have any good deals?
i was gonna try to stack this on my $50 darksouls, but that's back to 60 now.
and the bf3 codes won't stack with this...
maybe i will just do standard dark souls for 40? peace all
big newegg fail, at least they manned up...kinda

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Oh ok so it just doesn't work with preorder's, not bad at all then actually since it doesn't become invalid until the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
*CORRECTION, end of NEXT year, 12/31/2012 :cool:.

My promo code for the newegg regular edition is not working, is there something I'm missing? It meets the criteria. I already sent an email.

Oh, those silly folks at Newegg. This same situation happened with the Dragon Age II Signature Edition pre-orders. For all my good experiences with them, getting burned twice is telling me not to pre-order Collector's Editions through them anymore. At least they gave us a decent credit this time around. I'll take it.

i wonder if mine will work. i never preordered the game just tried to add it to my cart but got an error and i still got the email =P. going to try using it tomorrow and hope for the best.

My copy is expected to arrive to tomorrow even though I selected 2 day shipping ......... And my launch 60 gb ps3 died yesterday. Just my luck. I have no intention of buying a new console this close to black Friday as I am sure there will be much better console deals then.

Not really sure why I keep checking up on Dark Souls, but over on GameFaqs there are couple of people saying that their best buy won't be getting the CE edition.
One person claimed he called his local BBY and BBY employee replied it was a nationwide mistake and most stores won't be getting a CE.

I'm not sure how valid these responses are though

[quote name='Green Card200']You can't. You would have to cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. You can chat with a CS rep and they will apply the credit to your order without cancelling it.

[quote name='MrBoss']How do I apply the credit to a preexisting order?[/QUOTE]

I think you hit order then change payment the option should be there if it's not shipping soon

My suggestion for anyone looking for the CE would be to check GameStop in the morning (or tonight if they happen to be doing a midnight launch). I've done a check on all the GameStops in my area and they're showing the CE in stock. Figure I'll head it before I get to the office and grab a copy.

Alright my order shipped. According to the tracking information it left the facility at 3 pm est, and only now updated 6 hours later. Kind of a big lag but it says I should have it by 3 tomorrow so I don't mind.

awww Newegg... :( at least u could've kept my order... 48 bucks, wouldve still picked it up =/ anyone have a CE order (or extra order) that they might part with? PM me if u do

[quote name='Ardrid']My suggestion for anyone looking for the CE would be to check GameStop in the morning (or tonight if they happen to be doing a midnight launch). I've done a check on all the GameStops in my area and they're showing the CE in stock. Figure I'll head it before I get to the office and grab a copy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is accurate. It seems like every gamestop is showing the CE in stock right now, and all 3 I called didn't have any left.

[quote name='dejeckt']Not really sure why I keep checking up on Dark Souls, but over on GameFaqs there are couple of people saying that their best buy won't be getting the CE edition.
One person claimed he called his local BBY and BBY employee replied it was a nationwide mistake and most stores won't be getting a CE.

I'm not sure how valid these responses are though[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that I called the Best Buy I pre-ordered the CE from and they also told me they won't be getting it tomorrow. The sales rep said there was a mix up where they only had one SKU for both versions so they only ended up getting the regular edition.

yea you might wana call before you head out. CEs seem to be running really tight everywhere

i called all 3 gamestops in my area and they said they only had enough for the preorders

[quote name='Ardrid']My suggestion for anyone looking for the CE would be to check GameStop in the morning (or tonight if they happen to be doing a midnight launch). I've done a check on all the GameStops in my area and they're showing the CE in stock. Figure I'll head it before I get to the office and grab a copy.[/QUOTE]
They only show in stock because they technically can't finalize the preorder sales transactions until 12am 10/4 or they'd be breaking release date so I highly doubt you'll find a CE left at a GS.

I would say try your luck on Thursday, but since it was a pre-order only edition, GS does a "manager discretion" on holding. Their corporate policy is 48 hours, but there are still stores here in Tampa holding Dead Island SE's for people almost 28 days since release.

Namco: "Aw man ain't nobody gonna want no rinky-dink collector's edition of this bullshit King's Field spiritual sequel. Just make ten damn copies of the collector's edition; only nerds want that crap."

OCTOBER ARRIVES

Namco: say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

[quote name='broken5']I can confirm that I called the Best Buy I pre-ordered the CE from and they also told me they won't be getting it tomorrow. The sales rep said there was a mix up where they only had one SKU for both versions so they only ended up getting the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Funny how I didn't wanted a CE (thinking of canceling), but now knowing that I can't have it I want it even more lol. Now how to get my 5 dollars back.
To namco's credit, I think this is their best selling CE/le they have produced this generation.

For those that did Amazon RDD and are not getting it tomorrow, make sure you call in to a rep to get $$$$. I have had this happen multiple times. They have always credited me between $10 and $20 when I have demanded it. Unfortunately the shipment is out so they cannot speed it up for you.

Fortunately this time my order appears to be on time for delivery tomorrow afternoon. :bouncy:

I also called a couple of GS in my area and they both said that if I did not pre-order from them they won't have any extra CEs. My real dilemma now is that with so many retailers getting shafted on the CE it actually might be rare now.

Crap... I got my Amazon shipping confirmation, and compared it to my friend's.

I ordered way back before the CE upgrade was announced, he ordered recently, and my order says Dark Souls has shipped, and his says Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

I expect to be quite upset at some point tomorrow, and I won't be satisfied unless Amazon secures a CE copy + compensation, or better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg really pissed me off recently too and I'm not sure I'm gonna use them again for pre-orders. I had to move between when I placed my pre-order and release date. I contacted them well in advance to change the shipping address and they said they would NOT change the address. My only option was to cancel the pre-order and if I still wanted it, pre-order it again (for $12 more than my one I was just forced to cancel). Very poor customer service policies.

[quote name='Kitoro']Crap... I got my shipping confirmation, and compared it to my friend's.

I ordered way back before the CE upgrade was announced, he ordered recently, and my order says Dark Souls has shipped, and his says Dark Souls Collector's Edition.

I expect to be quite upset at some point tomorrow, and I won't be satisfied unless Amazon secures a CE copy + compensation, or better.[/QUOTE]
I preordered mine before the CE upgrade was available at Amazon and they shipped a CE (judging by the 1.3 lb package weight).

As long as your order detail page links to this version, you'll be fine.

[quote name='FerDK']My order just shipped... finally![/QUOTE]

I just checked the weight at UPS site ant it's 1.4 lbs, so I'm pretty sure it's the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']for what its worth, deepdiscount has dark souls collectors edition for only about $55. I decided to order in case it is actually the collectors edition,[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned before the Deepdiscount thing is a mistake on their part.

Still says "Shipping Soon."

Wonder if I should just cancel and take my chances tomorrow at B&M stores. Sounds like I'm getting fucked out of a CE anyway. Only problem is when Demon's Souls came out I couldn't find a copy in stores for 2 weeks. Don't want that happening again.

I might check out a few GS to see if there are any CEs. has there been confirmation that the CE has a different upc or sku from the regular standard edition?

[quote name='crystalklear64']blarg. just checked my bank and its already been charged. amazon only charges once they ship right?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='eau']I preordered mine before the CE upgrade was available at Amazon and they shipped a CE (judging by the 1.3 lb package weight).

As long as your order detail page links to this version, you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my order, and it's 1.5lb weight.

You just made my night; thank you!

I wonder if all this CE craziness is only on CAG because if not, when I get my CE in the mail, I will be tempted to put that SOB up on Ebay.

Well I try to have Amazon's back...looks like it is backfiring. My order was "Shipping Soon" and they charged me according to my bank account, I looked at my order now and it reverted back to "Not yet Shipped". Amazon are you trolling me?

Man when I ordered on june 28th there wasn't a release day option because I always choose it. I checked the status today and it say shipping the week of oct 12th. :cry:

when i pre-ordered, i didn't choose release day shipping because it was at the regular price but later i got an email from amazon saying they had updated my shipping to release day at no charge

estimated arrival is the 5th, but i'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow

search your emails for your dark souls order# i know amazon changed other CAGs shipping to release day shipping

[quote name='folkmojo']I wonder if all this CE craziness is only on CAG because if not, when I get my CE in the mail, I will be tempted to put that SOB up on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

If its f up as much as it seems im sure these will be fetching $80-$100 right off the bat.

bread's done
Back