Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Poor2More']If its f up as much as it seems im sure these will be fetching $80-$100 right off the bat.[/QUOTE]

and $30-$40 2 weeks from now? I hope not. I really hope this game holds it's value. I regret not getting the CE now.

my best buy said they had 1 PS3 CE in the back, and that's it.

Guess they really weren't kidding around about the pre-order only thing.

[quote name='helmet']Estimated Delivery is tomorrow, but I'm not even "Shipping Soon" yet. Slightly worried.[/QUOTE]

Me either and I ordered June 5th w/ RDD, and verified I do in fact have a CE on order, but its weird Im usually in the shipping soon stage by now, since Amazon works on a central time zone, I think they have until 6pm central time to turn in packages to UPS for next day delivery. I was already charged so thats a good thing, and they only do that once it ships.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I might check out a few GS to see if there are any CEs. has there been confirmation that the CE has a different upc or sku from the regular standard edition?[/QUOTE]
aside from Amazon's asin number, no...

Amazon:
ASIN: B00542ZQJO CE
ASIN: B004NRN5EO Regular

Everywhere else:
UPC 722674110471

[quote name='broken5']I can confirm that I called the Best Buy I pre-ordered the CE from and they also told me they won't be getting it tomorrow. The sales rep said there was a mix up where they only had one SKU for both versions so they only ended up getting the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

1 CE for PS3 and 360 at my local store; both reserved for other people already. A much higher volume store in a nearby mall has ZERO copies of the CE for either platform, rofl.

Some people here have said they talked to their BB employees and said their entire stock is the CE? Seems very fucked up if their inventory wasn't split correctly... or those employees are full of shit.

Good luck with BB tomorrow everyone! This thread will be a fun read :)

[quote name='Mad dog']and $30-$40 2 weeks from now? I hope not. I really hope this game holds it's value. I regret not getting the CE now.[/QUOTE]

Im just speculating, but if folks will by weapon skins for Gears of War 3 for $40, then anything is possible in a world filled with kids who's parents have disposible income.

I doubt the CE will hold its value or even appreciate. There's a lot of hype right now which is causing the inflation of price. I sold my copy for $130 and didnt look back (I used the proceeds to pre-order two more CE copies but thats a different story :))

[quote name='folkmojo']I wonder if all this CE craziness is only on CAG because if not, when I get my CE in the mail, I will be tempted to put that SOB up on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's also here, but not as big of a thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/60517691

This whole situation is pretty irritating since I pre-ordered on Aug 8th. The one time it doesn't pay off to be a CAG and go for the cheaper deal on Newegg...finding out they probably wouldn't' have the CE until late last week. I'm pretty new to them, so I guess I just didn't know any better or I would have just went with Amazon.

Now the whole thing with BB, ugh. I'll be trying my luck in the morning though, hopefully the store I pre-ordered at got some in.

My Best Buy has 2 PS3 CE's out back, and only two people pre-ordered it. Unless CS screws something up, those 2 people should be receiving their copy of the game!

[quote name='Beatofficer']I'm kind of excited to see this thread explode tomorrow while I enjoy my Dark Souls and possibly Rage.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I also love the people that wait until the night before the release date and complain about not getting a CE and everywhere being sold out. I think my favorite post was "I wont be satisfied unless amazon comes up with a ce + compensation" This thread is waist deep with entitlement.

My only concern is I pre-ordered my version at best buy over a month ago yet will not be able to pick it up until the 6th. My online order shows collectors edition, my email doesn't specify. I know BB is supposed to hold them for 7 days but I can me showing up on the 6th and them handing me a regular edition and then saying "our bad"

So its confirmed wal-mart will be getting CE's? may have to try the 24 hour one 20 minutes away or hit mine up at 7 am

Does it matter if this works on pre-order or not? Because the coupon expires 12/31/12... If there's nothing interest you by then, well, I don't know what to say... Anyway, obviously this is not a deal for those didn't get the rejection e-mail from Newegg :lol: Hey, $20 gaming coupon for free, not bad at all...

[quote name='Pig']This thread is waist deep with entitlement.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG, where everyone feels entitled to something.

The people who got screwed the most out of a CE are the newegg customers who put in preorder's awhile ago. But considering that they gave a 20 credit to those consumer's people weren't entirely empty handed.

[quote name='SteveGo']Welcome to CAG, where everyone feels entitled to something.[/QUOTE]

LOL been that way since the forum doors opened :) glad to be just getting a CE and having it tomorrow... if CE's have taught me anything its always get them early....

[quote name='johnmirra']My shipping weight is .80 any thoughts, general regular game weight is what . 3?[/QUOTE]

seems like you get the standard edition, others are saying theirs weigh 1.3 to 1.4 lbs

[quote name='johnmirra']My shipping weight is .80 any thoughts, general regular game weight is what . 3?[/QUOTE]

crappy pack job? hope it comes not dented : /

[quote name='Nesmaster75']My Best Buy has 2 PS3 CE's out back, and only two people pre-ordered it. Unless CS screws something up, those 2 people should be receiving their copy of the game![/QUOTE]

Do you work close to Folsom, CA? lol
Well I hate myself for flip flopping constantly, but if its there tomorrow I'll be walking out with Dark Souls CE if not I be walking out with Lion King (or Fast and the Furious 5...).

So no one on CAG got their CE shipped early to them, or is it impossible to step away from Dark Souls to post up better pics of the CE (egm ones sucked)?

my shipping weight for the ps3 ce is 1.4 lbs, as described by ups tracking.

My shipping weight is .50 lbs and I ordered it just 2 days ago. I'm not expecting a CE but would have been nice. Most likely will send it back tho.

Any walmart employees able to say what versions they are receiving in store in their first shipment?

Im not really concerned about if I get the CE (though I preordered back on June 5th, and rep said I will be getting CE), Im concerned more that I receive the game tomorrow since I paid for RDD.

[quote name='yesokyesok']The fact that you all are buying a game from Bandai is what cracks me up.[/QUOTE]

Are you trolling, or just really stupid? History will decide.

Mine shipped from amazon, should arrive tomorrow. It is from a problem warehouse in Indiana, so hopefully it will be in a box and not opened like some of the other CEs i got from them.

[quote name='Mad dog']and $30-$40 2 weeks from now? I hope not. I really hope this game holds it's value. I regret not getting the CE now.[/QUOTE]

Your hope is lost.

[quote name='Mad dog']I can assure you this "CE" will go down in price. I have seen the future. It's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain cell.[/QUOTE]

UPS is showing my shipping weight as 1.4 lbs
My amazon email says collectors edition

[quote name='salty tbone']Your hope is lost.[/QUOTE]

Ha, nobody loves a hypocrite. Mad Dog and Chimpmeister should form a club.

[quote name='Luketaru']My shipping weight is .50 lbs and I ordered it just 2 days ago. I'm not expecting a CE but would have been nice. Most likely will send it back tho.

Any walmart employees able to say what versions they are receiving in store in their first shipment?[/QUOTE]

same... even tho three Indian dudes confirmed it as the collectors edition.

My brother wanted me to see if anyone else is in the same boat as he is and it looks like a lot of people are. His order page says delivery for tomorrow (free release day delivery via Prime) but has no tracking info. He order this a while ago apparently. But the item actually says "Dark Souls Collectors Edition" so lets see if they screw him over.

Considering how many places seem to be getting short ordered by these, I'm guessing there will be a second print.

Does this type of thing happen often with BB? I only started buying my games from them this year. Should I be worried about my BF3 pre-order?

I wouldn't expect a 2nd printing tbh. I think the only thing they should have done to prevent this kind of frenzy was say specifically when you had to preorder by, then there would be no confusion etc etc at all. I think the people who got screwed the most were people who ordered at retailers like best buy and found out that their store was receiving no CE's at all, for whatever reason.

[quote name='barrit']Does this type of thing happen often with BB? I only started buying my games from them this year. Should I be worried about my BF3 pre-order?[/QUOTE]

First this is not the thread to be asking about your Bf3 pre-order especially with all the angst concerning the game at hand.

Second to answer your question I wouldn't say it's something that is particular to BB but retail gamestores in general. You know stupid people do stupid stuff etc....

Well, who here is on the East Coast, and can head up to Wally World in about 20 minutes? We need a status update! I'll be checking a few stores, but I've got over an hour to wait.

[quote name='viksmart']First this is not the thread to be asking about your Bf3 pre-order especially with all the angst concerning the game at hand.

Second to answer your question I wouldn't say it's something that is particular to BB but retail gamestores in general. You know stupid people do stupid stuff etc....[/QUOTE]

Yea I know it isn't the place, just wanted to know if BB has had this happen with collector/limited editions, so I can take in my pre-order receipt for my other game and cancel it as well if they screw up with the DS CE pre-orders.

More proof Newegg sucks for games. They canceled my Dungeon Siege III preorder with $10 credit without even asking me. Go with Amazon, folks!

[quote name='sgaldis']Well, who here is on the East Coast, and can head up to Wally World in about 20 minutes? We need a status update! I'll be checking a few stores, but I've got over an hour to wait.[/QUOTE]

I might have to do that, because my CE still has not shipped from Amazon, but I got work in the AM

Okay so heads up everyone, I found out today that all people that pre-ordered Dark Souls at Best Buy and are not getting the Collector's Edition are supposed to get a $20 gift card if they still redeem their pre-order.

So, if you're okay with not getting the CE, you can get an extra $20 gift card out of the whole debacle. I'm still going to hold out to try to get a CE somehow, but at least Best Buy is doing something to apologize for their mistake.

This is a effing joke. I pre-ordered this thing 9 weeks ago for in-store pickup at BBY. The e-mail I got this AM said that the CE was going to be ready for pickup tomorrow, and then the store calls me at 8:55pm to let me know they're not going to have it.

Complete BS. I don't give a crap about $20. I want my collectors edition!

[quote name='sgaldis']Well, who here is on the East Coast, and can head up to Wally World in about 20 minutes? We need a status update! I'll be checking a few stores, but I've got over an hour to wait.[/QUOTE]

This will probably be the best bet for a lot of late people to the party like myself... interested if anyone can provide some information.

I'm kinda bored, I might head out myself to see.

I don't know why Wal Mart B&M stores would have them, but it is listed in the OP, so I'm gonna check in a bit. Do they even have a system in place to place pre-orders in store?

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I still haven't gotten a shipping email but it says it's still on track for tommorrow.[/QUOTE]

Same for me,but I was assured it'll be here tomorrow and that it will be the CE aswell..would be nice to see that it shipped :(.

[quote name='helmet']I'm kinda bored, I might head out myself to see.[/QUOTE]

Tempted to do the same. It's only 3 minutes from me. Of course, I'm also playing Resistance 3 right now, so I'm debating whether I want to bother :)

Maybe I'll try calling first...

[quote name='Ardrid']Tempted to do the same. It's only 3 minutes from me. Of course, I'm also playing Resistance 3 right now, so I'm debating whether I want to bother :)

Maybe I'll try calling first...[/QUOTE]

Sir, I dont know what magical world you live in but here on earth Wal-Mart do not answer phones

bread's done
Back