Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']Update on my end. Guy couldn't find a single copy in the back. There were 2 standard edition 360 copies in the case but that's it. Odd indeed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update either way. This reminds me of when Demon Souls came out. No one preordered it at my GameStop except me and a few other employees, we all got the DE. Release day we sold our 1 copy.. Next day that's all we did was field calls or talk to people how we don't have any left... At least it will be popular for a good reason and we can see future Dark Souls type games.

^^ beat me to it!

Tin looks a little cheap and the stickers on the tin leaves a nasty mark. Plus the game manual is in black/white. Oh Bamco, you screwed us again.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I called Amazon to ask the shipping weight, and I'm confident that it will be the CE now. Though it still hasn't shipped yet and she said it's scheduled to ship by tomorrow afternoon. I did this with the American CSR team, btw.[/QUOTE]

I'm prolly getting a standard copy. Plugged my tracking in on ups and had .30 pounds :(

my copy shipped and according to ups the weight is 0.40 so I guess I didnt get the CE even though chat from CS said otherwise

Ordered both Dark Souls and Rage on May 12th and my estimated delivery for DS is Oct 7th and for some reason Rage arrived at my doorstep today....

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']my copy shipped and according to ups the weight is 0.40 so I guess I didnt get the CE even though chat from CS said otherwise[/QUOTE]

let's all rage at Amazon for their mistake! :cold::cold::cold:

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']my copy shipped and according to ups the weight is 0.40 so I guess I didnt get the CE even though chat from CS said otherwise[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you preorder?

[quote name='DangKid']^^ beat me to it!

Tin looks a little cheap and the stickers on the tin leaves a nasty mark. Plus the game manual is in black/white. Oh Bamco, you screwed us again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its nothing really special. Makes me feel silly for hoping for a steelbook.

[quote name='DangKid']^^ beat me to it!

Tin looks a little cheap and the stickers on the tin leaves a nasty mark. Plus the game manual is in black/white. Oh Bamco, you screwed us again.[/QUOTE]

Lol that's what I said about the tin when I got it at GS a few pages back, even the artbook looks cheaply made and the stickers leave awful residue on the case so fuck Namco Bandai. However, the game itself even though I haven't been playing long is awesome so kudos to From it's almost exactly like Demons Souls but with better graphics and controls so far.

Wow I thought the game case would be metal like oblivion 5 year- it's just the normal DVD case in a tin bread box lol-

Now i don't care which version I get :)

Got my shipping confirmation from amazon earlier today. UPS site says the weight of the item is 1.30 lbs. Can't wait for it to get here tomorrow! :D My brother pre-ordered it at my local gamestop, gonna take him to the midnight release in a bit. Apparently they only got enough of the CE to cover pre-orders.

My order shipped .50 talked to amazon rep they told me "sorry 2 reps lied 2 you,your only getting the normal edition,were sorry,here's 20.00"..Ehhh can't complain really,but man,they told me to cancel my xbox 360 CE and the ps3 version I would get would be upgraded...ohh well,Can't wait to play later! :).

[quote name='helmet']Yeah, its nothing really special. Makes me feel silly for hoping for a steelbook.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blissskr']Lol that's what I said about the tin when I got it at GS a few pages back, even the artbook looks cheaply made and the stickers leave awful residue on the case so fuck Namco Bandai. However, the game itself even though I haven't been playing long is awesome so kudos to From it's almost exactly like Demons Souls but with better graphics and controls so far.[/QUOTE]

I'm now glad I will be getting a $20 discount on the game. Seeing as how the artbook is lackluster in content and how the whole thing just looks cheaply thrown together, I don't really care anymore. I just can't wait to be able to play the game.

[quote name='Luketaru']How long ago did you preorder?[/QUOTE]sept 30 and spoke with CS and he confirmed that my game would get an upgrade to CE :lol:

seriously though imagine the shitstorm tomorrow that amazon, newegg, bestbuy and etc have to deal with. all that nerd rage :hot::hot:

Amazon's CSR confirmations about the game being CE aren't very trustworthy, as they told me mine would be CE even though I ordered just 3 days ago, and I don't think it will be judging by the shipping weight. Anyone who ordered 30days+ ago and do not receive a CE have a genuine right to be pissed though.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']sept 30 and spoke with CS and he confirmed that my game would get an upgrade to CE :lol:

seriously though imagine the shitstorm tomorrow that amazon, newegg, bestbuy and etc have to deal with. all that nerd rage :hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

I think I read in an earlier page that someone said they got the apology email and their order voided by Newegg. I cancelled mine on Friday, so I can't quite confirm. If true, they avoided a big chunk of nerd rage.. well maybe. They did screw a lot of people out of being able to pre-order it somewhere else in time.

[quote name='DangKid']I'm now glad I will be getting a $20 discount on the game. Seeing as how the artbook is lackluster in content and how the whole thing just looks cheaply thrown together, I don't really care anymore. I just can't wait to be able to play the game.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as my copy is still "Not Yet Shipped", now I'm hoping that Amazon will drop the ball and end up with little extra to put towards the full guide instead.

What the fuck?! If i didn't see this I wouldn't know what was up. I have recieved no email. I only got an email confirming my cancelation of drakes fortune (im gonna get hte ps3 later) and of rage shipping. I went to the pre-order page and noticed that my dark souls order is void as well

I got no email about this at all.. what the hell? Im very pissed off. What was the email adress you guys got a notice about this? If the dicks dont give me a coupon or something i dont think im ordering shit from them again. This is utter BS. Now i dont know where i can get the CE. I can try Fry's tomorow but i think they only are getting the regular edition

No warning about this, and i didn't even get an email.. this is utterly unacceptable

[quote name='Luketaru']Amazon's CSR confirmations about the game being CE aren't very trustworthy, as they told me mine would be CE even though I ordered just 3 days ago, and I don't think it will be judging by the shipping weight. Anyone who ordered 30days+ ago and do not receive a CE have a genuine right to be pissed though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the xbox CE back in may..once I found out it didnt have party chat I figured I'd get the ps3 version so me and my friends could talk on the xbox as we played.2 reps told me "no worries you'll get the CE,go ahead cancel your xbox order if you want"...Well,No CE for me but I'm not too mad,people make mistakes.

It's so lousy how they package it like that. Do not use scissors or anything sharp if you care about scratches. Just try to get a corner of the tape off of the box with a fingernail and then peel it off all at once if you can.

And yeah it does look crappy. Glad I sold mine.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wow the entire collectors edition looks like a pile of crap...LOL[/QUOTE]

Seriously all this drama; and from someone who has it it really is. The game is what's important here and it's not disappointing like the CE. I'd recommend anyone thinking about over paying for the CE on Amazon/Ebay wherever just get the regular game and spend the extra $ on the hardcover guidebook.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wow the entire collectors edition looks like a pile of crap...LOL[/QUOTE]

One man's pile of crap is another man's GOLD! Trollolol

[quote name='Dwarfman']Target is probably a no go. I work for target and we only got 2 copies of Dark Souls for each system and I checked in the back and they were all Standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Target I work at too had barely any and none were CE. We also only got 2 copies of Ico/SotC.

[quote name='helmet']Seeing as my copy is still "Not Yet Shipped", now I'm hoping that Amazon will drop the ball and end up with little extra to put towards the full guide instead.[/QUOTE]

Good thing Newegg and BB dropped the ball as I'm now $40 in credit richer. Maybe I'll pick up some Subways gift cards. :lol:

[quote name='DangKid']Good thing Newegg and BB dropped the ball as I'm now $40 in credit richer. Maybe I'll pick up some Subways gift cards. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully BB just alright gives us $20 in credit like Newegg (although it won't happen that way). I know its YMMV when it comes to price matching Gift cards at BB but it would be epic to walk out with Demon Souls Standard with $20 Credit + $10 GC from Target.. I can only wish..

[quote name='Hestar']My order shipped .50 talked to amazon rep they told me "sorry 2 reps lied 2 you,your only getting the normal edition,were sorry,here's 20.00"..Ehhh can't complain really,but man,they told me to cancel my xbox 360 CE and the ps3 version I would get would be upgraded...ohh well,Can't wait to play later! :).[/QUOTE]

The Indian CSR people just read a script and do basic stuff. Never trust the level 1 CSR people for anything relatively serious. I've learned that through various ways over the years.

anyone that believed that reps knew anything that was going on is naive. as if amazon would bother to make another listing for no reason. have fun nerd raging and enjoy your $20

[quote name='Dwarfman']Hopefully BB just alright gives us $20 in credit like Newegg (although it won't happen that way). I know its YMMV when it comes to price matching Gift cards at BB but it would be epic to walk out with Demon Souls Standard with $20 Credit + $10 GC from Target.. I can only wish..[/QUOTE]

I was the one who called BB and got a confirmation on the gift cards. But yeah, YMMV. Supposedly other BB workers posted that they got CE shipments at their BB but mine will be handing out gift cards. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up the gift card and cancel the order since I'll want to use the Newegg credit and save the BB credit for later. But that extra $10 from target would be awesome.

[quote name='DangKid']I was the one who called BB and got a confirmation on the gift cards. But yeah, YMMV. Supposedly other BB workers posted that they got CE shipments at their BB but mine will be handing out gift cards. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up the gift card and cancel the order since I'll want to use the Newegg credit and save the BB credit for later. But that extra $10 from target would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

So they are just handing out Gift cards/$20 credit at BB or do you have to buy the standard to get it? Cause if they are just giving out the Credit regardless if you walk out with it or not I'll be walking out with $40 as I preordered 2 from them. Although I did talk to the Gaming Rep at my local BB and she is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to games. She told me they had roughly 5-6 copies of the collectors edition. Not sure if it was per system or just total.. After watching that video of the unboxing I'm not sold on a CE anymore. I'd rather have $20 credit so I can justify getting the guide as the mini guide is disappointing.

[quote name='Dwarfman']So they are just handing out Gift cards/$20 credit at BB or do you have to buy the standard to get it? Cause if they are just giving out the Credit regardless if you walk out with it or not I'll be walking out with $40 as I preordered 2 from them. Although I did talk to the Gaming Rep at my local BB and she is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to games. She told me they had roughly 5-6 copies of the collectors edition. Not sure if it was per system or just total.. After watching that video of the unboxing I'm not sold on a CE anymore. I'd rather have $20 credit so I can justify getting the guide as the mini guide is disappointing.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that they'll be handing them out. If not, then I'll just use it towards the game and maybe Newegg for MW3 or something. Doesn't really bother me either way. My store is not getting any CE so I'm sure you won't be getting the GC if your store has the CE.

[quote name='Trance Addix']The Indian CSR people just read a script and do basic stuff. Never trust the level 1 CSR people for anything relatively serious. I've learned that through various ways over the years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know they fooled me..At first he was like sorry no,not upgrading anymore.Then was I was ready to just keep my 360 CE He told me "wait just got new right now all orders blah blah"..Ohh well,no loss I got 20.00 I'll just add it to the dark souls guide :).

I told you fools not to listen to level 1 amazon CS. Well, off to get my free amazon $20 credit because they are incompetent fools :)

I just keep adding and adding to my Dark Souls CE debacle profits :whistle2:D

[quote name='urallgyots']I told you fools not to listen to level 1 amazon CS. Well, off to get my free amazon $20 credit because they are incompetent fools :)

I just keep adding and adding to my Dark Souls CE debacle profits :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario I don't get the collectors edition from amazon ... I return it and get a 20 credit. Wait a few months and pick up the game dirt cheap. Demon Souls could use some more of my lovely time especially since they extended the server to next year.

a Namco representative just told me that any pre-order made after september 20 wont be CE

I dont know who to believe man wow

Rajesh Kumar:I apologize for the incorrect information.

Rajesh Kumar:Dark Souls order before September 20 will be upgraded to Collectors edition.

Me:wow10:54:52 PM
Me:but it was supposed to be ALL pre-orders
Me:did amazon run out of collector's editions?

Rajesh Kumar:Currently this item is not available with us.
Rajesh Kumar:I'm sorry about this.
Rajesh Kumar:May I have the order number, please?

^^ I got owned, I never actually pre-ordered it from amazon lol

[quote name='viksmart']Worst case scenario I don't get the collectors edition from amazon ... I return it and get a 20 credit. Wait a few months and pick up the game dirt cheap. Demon Souls could use some more of my lovely time especially since they extended the server to next year.[/QUOTE]

You mean you haven't received the platinum in anticipation of Dark Souls release like the rest of us?

[quote name='Madrocsz']Any wal mart confirmations?

Like anyone seen/gotten a CE at a walmart?[/QUOTE]

i just went to 3 walmarts in my area, all had only the standard, said they didn't get the CE...

I've had mine pre-ordered since May (Amazon).

Hope I get the CE, but if I don't I'll just make a big stink and get some sort of reimbursement.

[quote name='urallgyots']a Namco representative just told me that any pre-order made after september 20 wont be CE

I dont know who to believe man wow

Rajesh Kumar:I apologize for the incorrect information.

Rajesh Kumar:Dark Souls order before September 20 will be upgraded to Collectors edition.

Me:wow10:54:52 PM
Me:but it was supposed to be ALL pre-orders
Me:did amazon run out of collector's editions?

Rajesh Kumar:Currently this item is not available with us.
Rajesh Kumar:I'm sorry about this.
Rajesh Kumar:May I have the order number, please?

^^ I got owned, I never actually pre-ordered it from amazon lol[/QUOTE]

oh is that right? how exactly did you talk to a namco rep? this late ? :roll:

bread's done
Back