Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I bet this whole LE stock thing was done on purpose by Namco to create more hype for the game. I'm sure a lot of people canceled after they botched the goodies into digital format. So they probably cut back on production after that, and decided to under produce so that way they get some "sold out" hype for pre-order LE copies.[/QUOTE]

You do understand Namco doesn't make money off copies sold on eBay right?

[quote name='rpghope18']This thread is over 100 pages long and was created back in May. I'm sure the rarity of the Demon's Souls CE was mentioned numerous times. Granted, a lot of CE's this year had more copies available well after they released, but this series had a previous title that had a rare CE. So I'm sure many people, including myself, didn't want to take that chance. Maybe when the third title in the series releases and a CE is announced people will look back at the previous two CE's being rare and order earlier...

Probably not.[/QUOTE]

I got the DS CE way back when, and i'm pretty sure I preordered it pretty close to release. No issue at all. I'll have to double check.

[quote name='Mad dog']But we're thankful to have you T-Bone to keep us alert of anyone who flip-flops. It's very helpful.[/QUOTE]

I don't care if people flip-flop or change their mind. I do think it's worth pointing out when people act as an authority and insult/lecture others, then suddenly don't listen to their own sage advice. Anyone with a brain cell could understand that.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']There was no indication this would be limited though. There are dozens upon dozens of "collectors editions" of games that get millions and millions produced and rot on the shelves/get discounted because too many were made. Furthermore, it was extremely unclear whether this was going to be an "all first run are CEs" deal or not.[/QUOTE]
Namco made it very clear that there was a limited supply of CEs.

"I checked with the details of your order and see that we haven't received the inventory from the supplier.In this case I assume that your order will be delayed for some business days." - Amazon CS

No idea how long on the delay... I guess I'll try out BB or something and skip the CE :\

[quote name='Arakias']I'm in the same boat too - '"Order Placed: May 25, 2011". They havnt shipped mine either and I have prime and release date delivery. I guess someone in a post a page or two back said he got $10 credit. While that is nice and I might go for it - if an issue arises from a merchant not receiving product, its not entirely the merchants fault.[/QUOTE]

I did chat with a Amazon rep and was offered $15 credit for my next purchase on amazon. I said this was my first time experiencing this issue with Amazon and I am upset about it (and sure a lot of people is). I said I want compensation because people has been posting about getting credit from them so I expected them to give me something as well for being loyal customer. And it is their fault. They are false advertising.

[quote name='luan87us']I said I want compensation because people has been posting about getting credit from them so I expected them to give me something as well for being royal customer. And it is their fault. They are false advertising.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I got a good laugh out of that one.

Ok, I swore I wasn't going to add to list thread anymore, but here goes.....I placed 2 preorders for this game ( I know, CRAZY) the first one was with Amazon back in May when it was first announced, the second was with Newegg when they had the $49.99 deal ( I figured I could pass it on to a friend if I eneded up getting 2), well, you know how the Newegg thing ended up......Guess which version I just got delivered from Amazon?......LOL...you guessed it..standard. Sealed it back up and it went right back out the door with my UPS guy. I'll wait till its $20 now...too many other games coming out. Yes, I'm now jaded Namco. Hope you guys have better luck than I. xx

[quote name='atc250es']My BB got one ce dark souls for ps3 and I got it at opening, some people are gonna be pissed.[/QUOTE]

As in one copy for preorders or one copy CE on the floor?

Got to best buy right as they opened, out of town last minute work so couldn't check my preorder however went to back and they were setting them out. At first saw stacks of regular but found 1 ps3 ce under a stack on a cart. As checking out a guy was waiting at in store with preorders for 8 ce's. The lady then told him there was only one copy in store which I had in my hand...... He threw a fit and asked the associate to make me give it to him. If it was only one copy he was after I would have given in..... Suck it reseller

[quote name='suko_32']Sorry, but I got a good laugh out of that one.[/QUOTE]
lol I meant "loyal" I'm sure everyone knows what I meant. Bad day at work and with the delayed game so ssshhh

I pre-ordered back in May as well. That was before they had a listing for the collector's edition. Luckily when they added the collector's edition as a separate listing, I cancelled my regular edition (even though there was a note that it would automatically be upgraded to the collector's edition) and ordered the newly listed collector's edition because it was in my gold box!!! I am glad that as I am sure I will be getting the collector's edition now. I just have to wait to get it. It is shipping soon and I have one-day shipping set on it so I should get it tomorrow. I will be pissed if it turns out to be the regular edition though.

[quote name='lucid734']Ok, I swore I wasn't going to add to list thread anymore, but here goes.....I placed 2 preorders for this game ( I know, CRAZY) the first one was with Amazon back in May when it was first announced, the second was with Newegg when they had the $49.99 deal ( I figured I could pass it on to a friend if I eneded up getting 2), well, you know how the Newegg thing ended up......Guess which version I just got delivered from Amazon?......LOL...you guessed it..standard. Sealed it back up and it went right back out the door with my UPS guy. I'll wait till its $20 now...too many other games coming out. Yes, I'm now jaded Namco. Hope you guys have better luck than I. xx[/QUOTE]

I called Amazon and they said I would be getting the CE but shipping is delayed and I've heard bad things about the package itself...I know I'm not gonna have time to play this and could wait, but should I request to cancel or will I get more selling it on ebay? Saw one going for 100, but don't know if that was just luck?

[quote name='luan87us']lol I meant "loyal" I'm sure everyone knows what I meant. Bad day at work and with the delayed game so ssshhh[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I knew what you meant there.

man, with all this talk about most people not even getting the CE's that they had pre-ordered for - I'm thinking I might not even open mine and instead run out and buy a standard.

ugh.

[quote name='luan87us']I did chat with a Amazon rep and was offered $15 credit for my next purchase on amazon. I said this was my first time experiencing this issue with Amazon and I am upset about it (and sure a lot of people is). I said I want compensation because people has been posting about getting credit from them so I expected them to give me something as well for being loyal customer. And it is their fault. They are false advertising.[/QUOTE]

I was only offered $10, but I didn't really want to push it, as it wasn't entirely their fault. I really wish ATLUS had published Dark Souls instead...

[quote name='lucid734']Ok, I swore I wasn't going to add to list thread anymore, but here goes.....I placed 2 preorders for this game ( I know, CRAZY) the first one was with Amazon back in May when it was first announced, the second was with Newegg when they had the $49.99 deal ( I figured I could pass it on to a friend if I eneded up getting 2), well, you know how the Newegg thing ended up......Guess which version I just got delivered from Amazon?......LOL...you guessed it..standard. Sealed it back up and it went right back out the door with my UPS guy. I'll wait till its $20 now...too many other games coming out. Yes, I'm now jaded Namco. Hope you guys have better luck than I. xx[/QUOTE]

wut...you preordered from amazon back in May and you got shipped a standard version???

[quote name='Madrocsz']Got to best buy right as they opened, out of town last minute work so couldn't check my preorder however went to back and they were setting them out. At first saw stacks of regular but found 1 ps3 ce under a stack on a cart. As checking out a guy was waiting at in store with preorders for 8 ce's. The lady then told him there was only one copy in store which I had in my hand...... He threw a fit and asked the associate to make me give it to him. If it was only one copy he was after I would have given in..... Suck it reseller[/QUOTE]
lol good for you

Just got back from BB in Burlington, MA and they only had 1 PS3 CE for preorder. The guy was reserving it for the first person who preordered. He told me there was only 3 people who preordered. He did offer a $20 GC for the inconvenience if I bought the standard edition.

[quote name='borellius']can someone post the sku for the collector edition please.
That i can use at best buy[/quote]

Checked my order status this morning and it was still "Not yet shipped" at Amazon. Gave them a call and it looks like they didn't even bother to tell me that they sold out their allotment, but still kept my delivery date as 10/4.

Said they'd send it out as soon as they received more inventory, so it looks like I'll have to go get it from Gamestop. :S

When you click on the item from your ORDER (in your Amazon orders) does it take you to the STANDARD version of the game or the COLLECTOR'S version?

(important as it should answer what version I have coming)

[quote name='helmet']Checked my order status this morning and it was still "Not yet shipped" at Amazon. Gave them a call and it looks like they didn't even bother to tell me that they sold out their allotment, but still kept my delivery date as 10/4.

Said they'd send it out as soon as they received more inventory, so it looks like I'll have to go get it from Gamestop. :S[/QUOTE]

I still had a pre-order for the Mass Effect 2 CE from Target until July of this year. Yes, they never sent it to me on release and kept my pre-order open until then.

I got nothing in return, of course. Yeah Target online. :whistle2:/

[quote name='bizman316']I pre-ordered back in May as well. That was before they had a listing for the collector's edition. Luckily when they added the collector's edition as a separate listing, I cancelled my regular edition (even though there was a note that it would automatically be upgraded to the collector's edition) and ordered the newly listed collector's edition because it was in my gold box!!! I am glad that as I am sure I will be getting the collector's edition now. I just have to wait to get it. It is shipping soon and I have one-day shipping set on it so I should get it tomorrow. I will be pissed if it turns out to be the regular edition though.[/QUOTE]

Exact same deal here. Hopefully we receive the CE. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Couldn't get release date delivery for some reason.

Anyone able to get their hands on the guide yet?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I still had a pre-order for the Mass Effect 2 CE from Target until July of this year. Yes, they never sent it to me on release and kept my pre-order open until then.

I got nothing in return, of course. Yeah Target online. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

I'm sure limited edition niche titles that will probably never see a second-run come back in stock all the time, right? :D

After seeing the unboxing yesterday, I really don't care if I get the CE. I'm just a little disheartened that I don't have any game at all now.

[quote name='MrBoss']My Gamestop around my zip show in stock. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah because it counts pre-orders as in stock items. Extremely lame because obviously they are spoken for until a manager decides they aren't going to get picked up.

I don't think I could have gotten a crappier version of the CE. There is wear on the plastic slipcase, an extra blotch of ink (at least I think it is), and lo and behold when I opened the game the disc was loose inside the case.

picture.php

[quote name='voltanis99']I don't think I could have gotten a crappier version of the CE. There is wear on the plastic slipcase, an extra blotch of ink (at least I think it is), and lo and behold when I opened the game the disc was loose inside the case.

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Is that a Cigarette burn in the middle?..That sucks man :/

Amazon CS agent told me that I would receive an email in 12 hours about the status of my order. I'm thinking about running out to Kmart and getting the standard with the $20 coupon since I doubt Amazon will get more in stock.

I'm also annoyed because I traded in a game for that $5 bonus promotion so I better get that as well.

[quote name='Hestar']Is that a Cigarette burn in the middle?..That sucks man :/[/QUOTE]

Not really sure I only noticed it after I opened the game.

I just bought a standard edition copy from Best Buy (they didn't even have any collector's). My amazon collectors copy never shipped. I just spoke to customer service and they just said that they have an error and it would not be shipping today. She credited $5 to my account for the inconvenience. Just cancelled my Amazon order. I know I could have gotten the CE later and resold it or something but I don't want to go through the hassle.

[quote name='Fearia']Exact same deal here. Hopefully we receive the CE. Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Couldn't get release date delivery for some reason.

Anyone able to get their hands on the guide yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh man... im worried now. I ordered in May and have always felt uneasy about them adding a collectors edition listing that was different than mine. I will not be happy if its the standard one.

Well I was assured I got the CE, mine shipped last night at 6pm. And when I click on the order details it goes to the CE page, so we'll see...FWIW I ordered on May 11.

I've read a bunch of reports that many of the CEs are beat up which is a bummer. Hopefully they either do a replacement program or another run so that people can replace theirs in store.

None of my best buys got the collectors edition. Customer service 800 number didn't help said thru should have gotten some and all he could do was send an email didn't even speak English well . If I wanted the regular eitiob I would just wait until it hits 20 in a couple if months.

[quote name='helmet']Checked my order status this morning and it was still "Not yet shipped" at Amazon. Gave them a call and it looks like they didn't even bother to tell me that they sold out their allotment, but still kept my delivery date as 10/4.

Said they'd send it out as soon as they received more inventory, so it looks like I'll have to go get it from Gamestop. :S[/QUOTE]

When did you pre-order it?

I pre-ordered on June 7th and mine says not yet shipped.

bread's done
Back