Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda suspect I'm screwed. My Amazon order that says CE everywhere it can with realease day delivery still hasn't shipped. Seems like namco probably didn't supply as many as they said they would, though that is just my speculation. This must be the lousiest handling of a CE release ever.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I've read a bunch of reports that many of the CEs are beat up which is a bummer. Hopefully they either do a replacement program or another run so that people can replace theirs in store.[/QUOTE]

Namco Bandai isn't Atlus. I doubt they'll run a replacement program like Atlus did on the Demon's Souls Deluxe.

For those with amazon orders don't go crazy over it. Sometimes shipping status doesn't update. People get games at their door before any status shows up. Its happened plenty of times before.

[quote name='Nodarg']I was only offered $10, but I didn't really want to push it, as it wasn't entirely their fault. I really wish ATLUS had published Dark Souls instead...[/QUOTE]

If Atlus had published Dark Souls we'd all have our CEs today and they'd probably be much nicer.

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']Amazon CS agent told me that I would receive an email in 12 hours about the status of my order. I'm thinking about running out to Kmart and getting the standard with the $20 coupon since I doubt Amazon will get more in stock.

I'm also annoyed because I traded in a game for that $5 bonus promotion so I better get that as well.[/QUOTE]

Does k-mart still do that? Because if so...

[quote name='EvilIA']When did you pre-order it?

I pre-ordered on June 7th and mine says not yet shipped.[/QUOTE]

May something for Xbox 360, September 24th for PS3. Xbox 360 went to shipping soon before I canceled, so it may have had a chance to ship. PS3 status has never changed though.

[quote name='GuardianE']Namco Bandai isn't Atlus. I doubt they'll run a replacement program like Atlus did on the Demon's Souls Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really admire the idea behind preorder CEs and really wish I had done the same but it's really apparent they tried to minimize costs as much as possible.

Still hoping some of them pop up in the wild though.

[quote name='GuardianE']Namco Bandai isn't Atlus. I doubt they'll run a replacement program like Atlus did on the Demon's Souls Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

Considering that it was also free, there is pretty much no chance of it happening.

No luck for me. Went to my BB at opening and they were trying to figure out what was going on. The guy in the back told them they didn't get any in and to try calling back later because it may come in through FedEx or on their truck.

Then I tried the Walmart next door. The PS3 version had a space on the shelf, but it was completely empty. I checked the 360 version and all they had were standard versions. Seems like neither one got any CEs. They had a ton of Anarchy editions of Rage though, the whole spaces completely filled and some even stacked on top of that.

Also called my local GS, but they said all they had were pre-order reservations.

How frustrating.. stupid Newegg.

Well I went to Bestbuy as they opened and saw the regular editions out on the floor but no CEs. I asked the guy in the VG department if they had it and he looked at me like he didn't even know there was a CE for the game and said no. I had it pre-ordered from Newegg so I got the $20 promo in my email. Are the codes working now? Honestly, Demon's Souls took me so long to beat that with Batman Arkham City coming in 2 weeks and Uncharted 3 shortly after that, I only wanted Dark Souls now because of the free upgrade to CE but if I can't get that then I can wait for the game. The newegg "apology" code is supposed to be good til the end of 2012. I'll probably just wait til they have the game for $30 and use my code on it.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I'm guessing that if my Amazon order didn't ship yet, I'm not getting the CE?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that's not your baby in that avatar box?

I had spoken to a Best Buy gaming associate who had assured me last night that they would have sufficient quantities of the Collector's editions for all the preorders. I went in today about five minutes after they opened and was told that they never received any nor will they get any more in, regardless of when you placed your preorder. I was offered a $20 gift certificate but since I was just going to resell the CE anyways on Ebay and buy a standard edition down the road, I had my $5 down payment refunded.

To those of you who pre ordered at Best Buy, don't get your hopes up.

No dice on the GS by my office. I'll probably check the Kmart next door for shits and giggles, and the Walmart on my way home.

[quote name='Ardrid']No dice on the GS by my office. I'll probably check the Kmart next door for shits and giggles, and the Walmart on my way home.[/QUOTE]

Kmart will not be getting any CEs of this game. The RE does come with a $20 coupon off a future gaming purchase for Shop Your Way Rewards members.

Josh in the Kmart thread was VERY clear, no CEs at Kmart nationwide, so don't bother.

[quote name='Bosamba']I had spoken to a Best Buy gaming associate who had assured me last night that they would have sufficient quantities of the Collector's editions for all the preorders. I went in today about five minutes after they opened and was told that they never received any nor will they get any more in, regardless of when you placed your preorder. I was offered a $20 gift certificate but since I was just going to resell the CE anyways on Ebay and buy a standard edition down the road, I had my $5 down payment refunded.

To those of you who pre ordered at Best Buy, don't get your hopes up.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened at my best buy (Oakdale, MN). They didn't have ANY for the Xbox360. I noticed they had one for PS3...

[quote name='dopehat']Sweet There's hope :D My amazon order has been updated to shipping soon. All last night it was never shipped.[/QUOTE]

same 8/

I've checked Walmart, Target, Costco, Fry's, Toys'r'us, Microcenter, and Best Buy today. ALL of them received the standard edition for both PS3 and XBox. No limited editions anywhere in sight. :/
Fry's though, does have the standard edition for both consoles on sale for $49.99.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Kmart will not be getting any CEs of this game. The RE does come with a $20 coupon off a future gaming purchase for Shop Your Way Rewards members.

Josh in the Kmart thread was VERY clear, no CEs at Kmart nationwide, so don't bother.[/QUOTE]

Definitely admire they admit they wouldn't be getting CEs, and notified the community pretty early to boot. Too bad that their in store service isn't as good.

So do I need to purchase the standard edition in order to get the $20 coupon from Best Buy (preordered ce but doesn't seem likely at this point)? Looking forward to possibly a free Lion King Bluray.

All this could have easily been avoided if they just made a Standard for $60, a Collectors for $70, and then offered a free upgrade to CE if you preordered before xxxx.

Of course, it probably would have been screwed up too.
:lol:

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']Lets see, Walmart got 3 total copies of the game (no CE), Target got 0 copies of the game, and BB got 0 CE's even for pre-orders. Namco fails....[/QUOTE]

Atlus is amazing at everything they do, they care. Namco, on the other hand, what a joke.

ok i need help this is pissing me off. im wanting to look in the downloadable guide so i put in my code etc..they send you an email to verify your email. now it says were sorry you have already used the code and can no longer access the download content. namco is unreachable as i cant find a phone number for them. this is why i really wish atlus wouldve made this game so fing stupid. i want the download content.

[quote name='Bosamba']I had spoken to a Best Buy gaming associate who had assured me last night that they would have sufficient quantities of the Collector's editions for all the preorders. I went in today about five minutes after they opened and was told that they never received any nor will they get any more in, regardless of when you placed your preorder. I was offered a $20 gift certificate but since I was just going to resell the CE anyways on Ebay and buy a standard edition down the road, I had my $5 down payment refunded.

To those of you who pre ordered at Best Buy, don't get your hopes up.[/QUOTE]

You don't deserve the CE edition

[quote name='dejeckt']Definitely admire they admit they wouldn't be getting CEs, and notified the community pretty early to boot. Too bad that their in store service isn't as good.

So do I need to purchase the standard edition in order to get the $20 coupon from Best Buy (preordered ce but doesn't seem likely at this point)? Looking forward to possibly a free Lion King Bluray.[/QUOTE]

I believe so, I preordered 2 CE's and I picked up 1 regular and only got $20 credit. Might be Ymmv as my CS rep was sorta a crab this morning.

cool jack is that the same thing you would download with the guide??? also do you have a link for the map and soundtrack???

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Kmart will not be getting any CEs of this game. The RE does come with a $20 coupon off a future gaming purchase for Shop Your Way Rewards members.

Josh in the Kmart thread was VERY clear, no CEs at Kmart nationwide, so don't bother.[/QUOTE]

Stranger things have happened. I don't have a problem burning literally 2 minutes to take a look.

I was in hunting mode this morning, long story short after 2 targets, 2 walmarts and 3 best buys I was more then ready to give up. Walmart and target didn't get the game period and Best Buys had no C.E and in some cases no ps3 version of the standard at all. Finally I drag myself to the very last Best Buy that I knew about that wasn't 40 minutes away and lo and behold there is the C.E just sitting on the shelf . Fun morning but hey got mine.

As someone mentioned previously I too forgot that I had preordered on amazon till I got an email last night saying it shipped. Weight of 1.4 lbs is promising.

Unfortunately I can't play this beast until next friday as my $60 craigslist ps3 ylod-ed a few weeks ago and I had to buy a new phone. Thankfully gamestop took my broken ps3 and ds lite with no s/n. Along with other stuff I traded I have $175 in trade credit towards a new system.

Did you guys notice the ad banner for Dark Souls CE on top? Its like cheapyd is mocking us (lol).

@coolsteel, Damn you deserve it. Now hurry and take additional punishment from the game itself.

I still have not received an email from Newegg telling me that they canceled my order for the CE edition, or sending me a $20 apology code, OR responding to my email to customer support asking why they had done neither of those two things.

Never buying a CE from them again. (I ordered Aug. 6, btw)

Preordered mine June 22, just got the shipping notice at 3am. Ups shows it in Minneapolis and out for delivery, with a shipping weight of 1.4lbs. Got tomorrow off, so going home with a couple of red bulls to die repeatedly.

[quote name='Ardrid']Stranger things have happened. I don't have a problem burning literally 2 minutes to take a look.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they haven't. Josh runs the video game department at Kmart and there is 100% chance you will not find the CE there. I understand that people are desperate, but I'm seeing people lists stores that are not on the list for the CE or don't even carry the regular version and they are wasting their time and burning gas for nothing.

Talked to Amazon rep, looks like they are aware of the problems. They said they're having "technical issues" with the order. Also looks like they were instructed to not give out any coupon or credits, because all I got was my shipping charge refunded. They said they were not updated yet and will email me when they get an update, but its pretty much guaranteed I won't be getting it today

I should have hit Gamestop at midnight.. I preordered and they are sold out of CE's....

I guess that store really did get like 80 preorders... and now I am stuck with the regular edition... lots of good a preorder does.. their excuse is it was a free upgrade and limited to the first available...

I am Beyond pissed.. I guess I should have known better and ordered multiple places, like I did for Demon Souls.

[quote name='luxarific']I still have not received an email from Newegg telling me that they canceled my order for the CE edition, or sending me a $20 apology code, OR responding to my email to customer support asking why they had done neither of those two things.

Never buying a CE from them again. (I ordered Aug. 6, btw)[/QUOTE]

I got mine, but now that I've finally given up hope of getting the CE from Amazon and went to get a $40 standard edition copy from Newegg with the apology code they're OOS :bomb: CE or no CE, I just want to play the game, but it looks like that's not happening soon.

I have no idea why you wouldn't receive the email, I even canceled my order before Newegg voided all Dark Souls orders and I still received the email and code. Hope you get that resolved.

[quote name='dejeckt']Definitely admire they admit they wouldn't be getting CEs, and notified the community pretty early to boot. Too bad that their in store service isn't as good.

So do I need to purchase the standard edition in order to get the $20 coupon from Best Buy (preordered ce but doesn't seem likely at this point)? Looking forward to possibly a free Lion King Bluray.[/QUOTE]

Damn that Lion King Bluray! I had to wait forever in line just to be told they didn't get any CEs in. There were a lot of people who pre-ordered Lion King, and were price matching, or something. Whatever they were doing was taking forever and the cashier had to keep calling for overrides. lol

While I like the concept of collectors edition for the same price anyone else notice it doesn't say collectors edition anywhere on it? Lol just a thought

No collectors edition at the Sactown Riverside Target. I was able to pricematch the Fry's ad AND get the $10 giftcard AND use the Target redcard.

$50 for Dark Souls with a $10 giftcard to use later. Not too bad - could have done better at KMart - but, I don't usually shop at the local K.

I've had it pre-ordered since May from Amazon so if they don't send me a Collectors Edition that would be really messed up. Or if say someone who chose release day delivery and pre-ordered a month ago gets it before me while they send me a standard edition game.

I figured it was going to be like the Dragon Age Signature edition rather then there being a mass shortage everywhere.

Add me to the list of Worst Buy customers who didn't get their CE preorder. I could only sigh as the counter girl pulled the SE from the shelf. Fortunately I didn't ragecancel my Amazon pre, so there's a chance I'll still get it from there. They assure me I will, but after their recent incompetence I will believe it when I see it.

Namco really screwed the rhinoceros on this one.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WITH BEST BUY PRE-ORDERS: THEY ARE GIVING A FREE $20 GIFT CARD WITH PURCHASE OF THE REGULAR EDITION (if you pre-ordered). They received a memo from corporate with a SKU they scan when you buy the regular edition.

I got them to PM K-Mart's $20 coupon, so out of pocket I grabbed the regular edition for $20 :) Between this and Newegg's reimbursement, I am essentially getting my Amazon CE for free.

bread's done
Back