Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone have issues redeeming there code for the CE's on the Dark Souls website? I've tried to enter my code everywhich way it could be and it always tells me "We could not find the redemption code entered."

Waiting for the UPS truck to get here is killing me. I keep hoping that it will get here earlier than normal because it's release date shipping, but that's not gonna happen. >.<

My body...is so ready.

FML. My shipment for the Dark Souls collector's edition PS3 that I pre-ordered back in June from Amazon has now been officially lost in the UPS system. Amazon says they sent it out, UPS says they never received it at any of their hubs.

It's the one order were I got it for $47.49 in my Gold Box, applied a $20 promotional credit to it, and then $20 in gift cards to bring it down to $7.49 out of pocket for me. And they fucked it up.

Was supposed to be here today at my job but the two UPS trucks have already stopped and gone by my receiving dock at work. No game.

Dark Souls CE, do you not want to be played by me???

Picked up my collector's edition pre order from Gamestop at 11:30 am. no hassles, ecxept for the Newbie employee that was working today. He got confused cause I said I was picking up my collector's edition, and he saw the prepaid total of 59.99 and said someone must have screwed up your order, cause collector's editions are supposed to be $79.99. I said 'no not for this one' and he continued, 'no someone told me collector's editions cost more' I was just like dude have you ever even seen a video game before??? where do they get these people!!! fortunately one of the regular employees who know me well and know I'm a regular customer stepped in and finished the transaction.

1 gamestop had an extra PS3 version...90 min away :/ at my old university's GS. My sister is down there now, might have her go by and pick it up for me. But I might just leave it, I would only be reselling anyways, so no biggie.

Everyone else, sold out completely.

[quote name='io']Damn, on my order it hasn't shipped yet and shows a delivery estimate of Oct. 7th. WTF!? I have Prime and all that too. I did add this to an old order so it is just standard free 2-day shipping. Are the rest of you getting release day shipping or something? I have yet to ever have any game delivered that way by Amazon even when promised. It's no big deal to me as I probably wouldn't have time to play it much till later in the week anyway. As long as I get the CE I'll be happy - it shows that on the order page. I'll just keep playing Ico/Shadow till then - or maybe Rage...[/QUOTE]
Dude, exact same boat. However, Amazon has been absolute SHIT lately at shipping on time. I've been a Prime member for two years and never once has something arrived late, but for the past month every single game has shipped late and ended up having to be over-nighted to me for Wednesday. I'm not renewing my membership this year after such awful treatment and ZERO compensation every time I bitch to their CS.

Last night I posted BB was in for a shitstorm this morning and oh boy did I raise hell. Long story short they did only get two and despite me being the first in line, online orders were apparently 'special' since some fuck walked in and got his after myself and another waiting to get ours that they 'couldn't find'.

They ran a ring of lies around us two for about half an hour before owning up that they only had the two in the store (no shit Sherlock, I already knew that) so they had one left now. I rallied hard against the store manager to give up the other online order they had and finally he agreed. At this point I was really fighting for the other guy in line and he happened to order his the day before me, but either way I have my Amazon order so I was going to give it to him.

Manager said he would call me once he knew more about where the rest of his allocation was (not holding my breath), but I might go back just to get the $20 GC. Now I'm worried because Amazon still hasn't shipped mine, but I have faith since it has been shipping soon for 36 hours now. Very odd my Rage order isn't even shipping soon, though. WTF is going on at Amazon? They're out for online retailer of the year as far as I'm concerned.

my Amazon pre-order came this morning... it was the CE, very well packaged an in perfect condition

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpeg

Went into bb to pick up my rage preorder and figured id check for DS:CE ...funny thing was tbere was a guy behind me power walking to tbe video game department...when i get there his right behind me asking for the CE...no dice....so i head to gamestop and they have one for the 360! Just ended up using store credit... I think ill go rent it for awhile since i have yet to finish DI,DXHR, or GOW3...oh the same power walker from Bb showed up minutes later and a couple other gamerz from Bb...hope all works out!

my amazon order says shipping soon since this morning. status hasnt changed but did an e-chat and got a $5 credit and was told to wait till later today to see if the order ships out or not.

Got 2 collector's for the ones I pre ordered long time ago just now from Amazon. Glad I cancelled and then reactivated the order by talking to CS.

Looks like 99 is the max people are willing to pay on ebay and most auctions are selling around at 85 dollars. Considering all the ebay and paypal fees and drive to post office, I'd say those who got 20 from newegg did just fine if they were going to sell it anyways.

I went to pick up my online preorder at the Best Buy in North Little Rock, AR, and it was the standard edition. Only reason I decided to buy the game so early is because of the CE. I have enough other games from the past month that I wouldn't have minded holding off until Dark Souls went on sale; I probably wouldn't have touched it until then anyway. I just wanted the shiny goodies. Congrats to everyone who managed to get one.

After I left Best Buy, I checked Walmart, which didn't have any CEs, and two Gamestops, which didn't have any CEs to spare. The manager at the last GS matter-of-factly said the CE was Gamestop exclusive and I should have preordered there if I actually wanted it. Then he asked what I wanted to preorder. :roll:

[quote name='testaroo']Looks like 99 is the max people are willing to pay on ebay and most auctions are selling around at 85 dollars. Considering all the ebay and paypal fees and drive to post office, I'd say those who got 20 from newegg did just fine if they were going to sell it anyways.[/QUOTE]
PS3 version is going for a little more. I sold mine and made $25 after all fees. Probably could have made $30.

Okay I've had 3 different people from Amazon India confirm that I'm getting the CE. So why am I still paranoid? Two of my GS show it as in stock. Maybe head there after work as a safety net.

[quote name='testaroo']Looks like 99 is the max people are willing to pay on ebay and most auctions are selling around at 85 dollars. Considering all the ebay and paypal fees and drive to post office, I'd say those who got 20 from newegg did just fine if they were going to sell it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say if this will be worth it for resellers until at least a few weeks go by. It isn't impossible to just go to stores and still stumble across it right now.

It might show in stock. But they are "supposed" to hold all pre-orders for 48hours. So if any of those CE's are pre-ordered they might tell you they don't have any.

The on hand count I'm pretty sure will take into account those so the numbers might be higher then they should be.

Spoke with Amazon customer service, if your order still on "Not Shipped" as of today and you asked for release-date delivery, you are not getting this game today. They do not have any copies in stock to fulfill you order.

Feels bad man.

You have to be willing to ship internationally...

I'm seeing a few going for $110+

Edit: I still think I'm going to hold on to mine.. just hope it doesn't have a nuclear implosion like DA2 Signature Edition.. yuck

[quote name='MrBubbles']Spoke with Amazon customer service, if your order still on "Not Shipped" as of today and you asked for release-date delivery, you are not getting this game today. They do not have any copies in stock to fulfill you order.

Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]

what about those that say shipping soon?

[quote name='MrBubbles']Spoke with Amazon customer service, if your order still on "Not Shipped" as of today and you asked for release-date delivery, you are not getting this game today. They do not have any copies in stock to fulfill you order.

Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]

Damn, what about us who only did super saver? It shows 10/12-17 ship date which is fine IF I get the CE. What a mess. I may just get some insurance and PM Fry's at Target ($50 + $10 GC + 5% off Target card).

[quote name='morrodox']Okay I've had 3 different people from Amazon India confirm that I'm getting the CE. So why am I still paranoid? Two of my GS show it as in stock. Maybe head there after work as a safety net.[/QUOTE]

Because all they are doing is looking at your order and seeing that it says "Collector's Edition" and you probably have a better idea of actual physical stock then they do?

I went to GS to pick mine up. Apparently, I was the ONLY ONE who pre-ordered who doesn't get the CE because I was a day late. I call bull. I am also the only one who fully paid it off. Think I'd get it for that much, right?

FML

Any other amazon buyers still stuck in "Shipping Soon" or "Not Yet Sent" been billed yet? I've just been billed for my pre-order, but no update on the site. Here's to hoping this is good news. =]

i had the CE pre-ordered from Best Buy. i just came back and of course, they didn't have it. the manager printed out a memo saying that they oversold the CE and not all Best Buys were getting it. as an apology, they are to give out 20 dollars gift cards to those tho pre-ordered. it's not a 'free' 20 dollar gift card tho. you have to buy the game too of course and you can't use the gc towards the purchase of dark souls.

so i just took the gc. TBH i wanted the CE but the game is way more important to me. anyway this was at the best buy in eatontown, nj so YMMV. good luck.

[quote name='pandanaut']My 1.4 lb shipment from Amazon contained the CE.[/QUOTE]
When did you order? Was it before they added the listing for the CE?

Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]

Man I screwed myself. I had it pre-ordered months ago, then changed it from one to the other (CE or standard) in Sept. Now I don't know what I'm getting and when.

Feels bad man.[/QUOTE]
Yikes, not even standard copies or are they preparing for the worst when some people don't get a CE. I've never heard of Amazon being shorted on anything, so this would be a first.

Tried to pick up my pre-order at Best Buy and was told that no store in the San Antonio area got the CE since the vendor oversold them. They didn't know if they would get any more and they offered a $20 gift card with the regular version. I declined and got my $5 back. Went to GameStop and got my back up pre-order there and as I was checking out their shipment of Dark Souls strategy guides came in.

[quote name='crupp']When did you order? Was it before they added the listing for the CE?[/QUOTE]

It was before. The picture is the standard edition but when you click it from the order it leads to a page that has only a few for sale from third parties for $100+. Nowhere does mine indicate that it was the CE (though it did have a box of text saying all pre-orders would be upgraded).

I ordered in mid-May.

It seems dumb that BB is telling people that "the vendor oversold them" since clearly the vendor is full of fucking idiots as they only made very few.

[quote name='pandanaut']My 1.4 lb shipment from Amazon contained the CE.[/QUOTE]
Did your 1.4 lb shipment come in a box? I hope it isn't some bullshit bubble mailer.

Got my email yesterday around 5 that it shipped, it's out for delivery right now with a weight of 1.3 lbs. As long as it's there before 6 tonight, I'll be a happy camper.

[quote name='pandanaut']It was before. The picture is the standard edition but when you click it from the order it leads to a page that has only a few for sale from third parties for $100+. Nowhere does mine indicate that it was the CE (though it did have a box of text saying all pre-orders would be upgraded).

I ordered in mid-May.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. That sounds exactly like my order. It's out for delivery with a 1.3 lb weight. Thanks for the response. Now go play Dark Souls.

Mine says "by end of day" for UPS. It usually says on vehicle for delivery, so I am a little worried, since there are no updates since pick up.

[quote name='eau']Did your 1.4 lb shipment come in a box? I hope it isn't some bullshit bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

Yes. It was wrapped in plastic with the invoice and a cardboard sleeve to protect it inside a small box. No problems at all!

Well, went to Best Buy with my CE preorder and, as others have mentioned, they had 0 CE versions. Which is odd because last night they had 1 ... according to the guy I spoke with on the phone. Anyway, decided that it's not really a huge deal so I took BB up on their $20 gc offer ... and I had them match Fry's price of $49.99. So yeah, actually I'm somewhat satisfied, as I know that a case and artbook would have just gotten sold by me anyway after they lost their luster.

Just came back from Best Buy, same crap, they didn't tell me the whole "oversold" story, they only told me they didn't get the limited edition and that they would call me if it showed up. They didn't offer me any $20 credit for preordering it either.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Because all they are doing is looking at your order and seeing that it says "Collector's Edition" and you probably have a better idea of actual physical stock then they do?[/QUOTE]

Can't decide if agreeing... or being sarcastic.

Wow, this thread is moving to fast to read everything, but just wanted to chime in and say good luck finding an acceptable case for this game. The outer slip-cover is too big and as a result, bows or swells somewhat in certain spots. Even if you get past that, the majority are dented, cracked or bent somewhere along the corners as a result of being crammed in the shipping boxes and worse, a lot of cases have dents in the corners of the metal casing as well:bomb:

I picked up one for each system last night at the midnight launch and after careful examination, decided to go back when they opened to look for better copies. Went through 2 boxes at 2 different Gamestops, til I found 2 that were acceptable to take home and exchanged them out;) For those waiting on Best Buy, pray they don't get the spider-wrap treatment or they will get jacked for sure. Just finding these in mint condition is going to be a nightmare, fair warning...

[quote name='Todd33']Man I screwed myself. I had it pre-ordered months ago, then changed it from one to the other (CE or standard) in Sept. Now I don't know what I'm getting and when.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing because I wanted to use a credit. It shows shipped and enroute on amazon's site, but if I track it through UPS it just says a shipment was created. Doubt I'll get it today as our UPS guy already delivered today...

Oh Namco... how could you really think this was a good idea and you wouldn't be ****ing alot of your loyal From software fans. There was no way this was going to end well for alot of people.

got screwed at best buy even though I preordered months back they got standards in and they tried to to give me a $20 gift card or my trouble, F that.

bread's done
Back