Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Just curious but for those who pre-ordered through Amazon, when did you guys place your order?[/QUOTE]

Back in June, mid June.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Just curious but for those who pre-ordered through Amazon, when did you guys place your order?[/QUOTE]

June 5th

[quote name='DaShaka']Wow I just checked and they decided to ship to my parents address. I guess when I changed to release day shipping it defaulted back to that address, and I wont be able to pick the game up from their house for 2 weeks, oh well I've waited this long....[/QUOTE]

Why not have them send it to you?

And my order has also shipped with the weight of 1.3 pounds. Hopefully it's decently packaged.

My CE order from Amazon is still showing as "Shipping Soon". Contacted Amazon chat and got $5 credit and they swear that it will be the CE when it arrives. We'll see. . .

[quote name='themidnighter23']sooooo, the Best Buy near me didn't get any collectors edition and apparently neither did the other Best Buys in the area[/QUOTE]

Apparently this was the case in most of Chicago also :cry:

Pre-ordered and I was out of luck.

You guys who are complaining about your shipments..

At least you got yours.

Amazon doesn't even know if I'll get the C.E. that I pre-ordered. Bleh.

Well, I got a partial refund on my Amazon CE. All's good. They didn't have an answer about whether the guide was going to ship or not though...

[quote name='Kenshindono']
hmm is the card made of plastic? The sound sounds like plastic on plastic, not really a cardboard sound. I hope thats what it is because im pretty boned if somethings broken and wiggling around in there. I just saw a UK unboxing video and see that they actually got a physical soundtrack and making of DVD.. i think we just got a stupid code[/QUOTE]

The cards kind of a hard plastic.

Has many people been successful in getting the 20$ giftcard at bestbuy from preodrering and just picking up the normal version? I was there this morning and i confirmed my bestbuy did not have any CE for ether system. I'm thinking of just cashing in and taking the giftcard instead of the metal case

I got my CE for the PS3. Just arrived from Amazon(Mine arrived in a cardboard wrapper, btw). Supposedly I ordered mine in late August but thought it was earlier.

The tin is nice, but slightly dinged. I put a small scratch on an edge myself as I was trying to get the tape off, so be careful.

Inside there's a small hardcover book and a regular copy of the game. There's also a plastic card with codes to download the soundtrack, behind the scenes videos, and guide. I was hoping to get a physical copy of these, but not a bad deal all considered. Looking forward to starting this game tonight.

Well I got .99 waived from release date delivery from amazon lol. Wish it was 10$ from the next order like other people were getting.

[quote name='Egos']Apparently this was the case in most of Chicago also :cry:

Pre-ordered and I was out of luck.[/QUOTE]

Two of the Best Buys I checked in the Seattle area got 20+ copies of the standard version. Target also.

I'm in pending for a June 7th Amazon order.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
hmm is the card made of plastic? The sound sounds like plastic on plastic, not really a cardboard sound. [/QUOTE]

Right, the code is on a plastic card. Its like a credit card. I moved my box some though, and heard no sounds. There is a cheap plastic interior inside the metal tin, that I could easily see getting broken. If it sounds like lots of little shards of plastic, or a big thing moving around, you might want to check. If it just sounds like a small plastic credit card sliding from side to side against plastic then I wouldn't worry at all

[quote name='ZombieToast']Anyone know how accurate GameStop's web site is? According to them, every store within a 60-mile radius has this in stock. It wouldn't surprise me because I can't imagine this general area to have much interest in a game like this, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

the inventory checker unfortunately shows pre-orders too so those could be reseeved, definately YMMV

[quote name='DarkFayte05']My order just changed to Shipping Soon; I placed my pre-order Sept 23rd. Hopefully its the CE like it says it is.[/QUOTE]

This is what baffles me. I placed my order in May yet someone who placed their order in Sept. has it as "Shipping Soon" before me. Shouldn't it be processed based on who placed their order first??

If they send me a Standard edition I'm going to be asking them for some credit or something that makes up for it because this is getting out of hand.

I'm thinking about heading to Walmart to see if they have the CE, has anyone gotten lucky and bought one from them? I mean, one that isn't a preorder.

If Amazon shipped CEs to people with "release-date delivery" and non-CEs to people who ordered with "free super saver shipping", God help them.

Since they shipped the "release-date delivery" copies and haven't shipped my PREORDER FROM EARLY MAY, they already fucked up MASSIVELY. The fucking day they ship should be the same.

Yet my order still sits there as "Not yet shipped". WTFH?

The best and only legitimate explanation is that they're delaying shipment while Namco-Bandai prints off another batch of Collector's Edition on Amazon's demand. And even in that case, they owe me for TAKING 3 DAYS OFF WORK for this release which I won't have for at least another week!

[quote name='EvilIA']Two of the Best Buys I checked in the Seattle area got 20+ copies of the standard version. Target also.

I'm in pending for a June 7th Amazon order.[/QUOTE]

Oh they got plenty of the standard version. I was chiefly speaking of the CE.

Go figure! I woke up at 3AM to find out newegg cancelled my CE, immediately placed an order at deepdiscount.com and as insurance hit Gamestop and snagged the last copy of Dark Souls CE they had. NOW the book depository is saying they might not even get a batch of the strat guides in. Talk about not catching a break! I managed to order one for pickup at the same gamestop I got my CE at, and now couldn't cancel my deepdiscount one because it's in the shipping process. Boy I tell you. They sure didnt anticipate demand well for the CE did they? If anyone has had no luck getting the CE and they want it seeing as how I'll have two I'd be willing to sell it for what I paid! Send me a message and I'd be happy to help you out, the versions I have are both for the Xbox 360!!!!

I pitty those who actually take days off of of work to play a video-game.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered mine in June and I have release date delivery..

Yet, mine has not shipped neither.

Atlanta, GA area.

My hasn't shipped and it was delayed on Amazon. Before this my pre order had the regular cover. I checked it about two mins ago to see if it shipped and it still hasn't but the cover pic is now the CE. One can hope right?:lol:

I'm glad I got my CE since it was a promised upgrade, but in all honesty the best part is the art book, and as far as art books go this is just ok, meaning it's a great "free upgrade" but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

“I wonder how much it would take. to buy a soap bubble, if there were only one in the world.” ~Mark Twain

[quote name='JeriKu']I pitty those who actually take days off of of work to play a video-game.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered mine in June and I have release date delivery..

Yet, mine has not shipped neither.

Atlanta, GA area.[/QUOTE]

Why?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm missing a day to play this. I don't ever get sick so I got those and vacation days still this year.

Well this is a major cluster fuck for Namco.

I was able to get the $20 GC but wasn't able to use my reward zone certificates due it (since it brought the price down thanks to the gift card) either way I am happy.

[quote name='Gamelore']they owe me for TAKING 3 DAYS OFF WORK for this release[/QUOTE]

They're not responsible for your idiocy.

the plastic slip cover on mine looks worn down around all edges...as if it were a year old or something, anyone elses look like this too?

Did anyone receive their shipment from the Amazon Philly warehouse? Just wondering how your shipment was packed.

My pre-order with Amazon for the collector's edition still shows a delivery date of the 7th, but hasn't shipped yet. At this point it seems llike it won't ever? I guess we'll see.

I am so glad that I was lazy and never cancelled my pre-order at GameStop (made the day the collector's edition was announced)!. I was able to head over there this afternoon and pick mine up, along with a guidebook.

Hey, anyone else with the guide notice that on the back under `Side Quest Mastery' it says `Ensure that you don't miss a single Side Quest and experience the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution story.'? (Yes, I got the correct guide!) Somebody was asleep at the wheel... Hopefully the actual guide was edited better.

Got an email from the CSR I chatted with this morning saying that it will be shipped out tonight.

Someone on GameFAQs said that they called and the person told them that the delay was because the warehouse mixed up regular and CE orders.

[quote name='pukadon']Inside there's a small hardcover book and a regular copy of the game. There's also a plastic card with codes to download the soundtrack, behind the scenes videos, and guide. I was hoping to get a physical copy of these,[/QUOTE]

Were you in a coma for the last 4 months?

I preordered CE on august with free super saver ship (5-8 days)
a couple of minutes ago the status changed to Shipping Soon
Delivery Estimate: October 12, 2011 - October 17, 2011

i can no longer change shipping speed, i hope i get CE :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']I really don't understand Amazon's warehouse packers sometimes. Are they retarded, or do they just not care? Why ship something like this in a bubble mailer? The other day I got a tiny Gillette Fusion razor in a big ass box, it was just dangling in there, a total waste. It makes no fucking sense. They don't have any sort of sense when packing items[/QUOTE]
I can answer this because I know someone who works in a warehouse. It's not that they don't care. It's just those fuckers at Amazon basically force employees to keep a certain rate of items and well it's hard trying to keep x rate an hour to keep your job.

Read this if you want to read the shit that goes on at Amazon
http://articles.mcall.com/2011-09-1...7_1_warehouse-workers-heat-stress-brutal-heat

Just happened to walk into Gamestop today to chat with them. Guess the BB down the road placed ALL of their pre-orders for the regular edition instead of the CE.

While Namco may have some issues, all of it may not be their fault.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Well, I got a partial refund on my Amazon CE. All's good. They didn't have an answer about whether the guide was going to ship or not though...[/QUOTE]

Prinny what did you say to the rep, I ended up with a dent in my tin case and am really irritated yet not enough to just send it back seeing as I want to enjoy the game

[quote name='eau']Did anyone receive their shipment from the Amazon Philly warehouse? Just wondering how your shipment was packed.[/QUOTE]

I live in philly, Im not sure where it was packed or shipped from but my lord it was terrible haha.

The disc fell loose in the case even. Maybe it was the UPS guys fault...

[quote name='jmbreci']Just happened to walk into Gamestop today to chat with them. Guess the BB down the road placed ALL of their pre-orders for the regular edition instead of the CE.

While Namco may have some issues, all of it may not be their fault.[/QUOTE]

Who knows what's true, but according to the article someone posted earlier ""An employee searched around for a few minutes before presenting a company memo which stated that Best Buy had, according to Namco-Bandai, 'oversold' its limited editions of the game, and the games publisher decided that they would ship zero limited editions to Best Buy stores as a result."

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-might-have-a-supply-problem-212937.phtml

It's just a big, ugly mess.

[quote name='guardkitty']Has many people been successful in getting the 20$ giftcard at bestbuy from preodrering and just picking up the normal version? I was there this morning and i confirmed my bestbuy did not have any CE for ether system. I'm thinking of just cashing in and taking the giftcard instead of the metal case[/QUOTE]

Exact same thing happened to me this morning. The Gaming department manager apologized and told me that Best Buy over sold pre orders and that "no best buy had any" and offered a $20 gift card. So I bought it then I left and phoned another store about 10 minutes away and they had some in stock and the CSR saved a copy for me and it was waiting at customer service when I arrived. Started out as a frustrating day but I ended up getting my CE but from a store I didn't pre order from. Now do I keep the standard version or return it...

[quote name='themidnighter23'] sooooo, the Best Buy near me didn't get any collectors edition and apparently neither did the other Best Buys in the area[/QUOTE]

Yep, I pre ordered from Best BUy on Satureday,, the collectors edition.

Went there today to pick it up, all they have are the standard editions, some sort of 'shipping error'.

But hey, they'lll give me $20 GC, only if I buy the standard edition.

I cancelled the preorder. Told em newegg was cancelling all preorders and giving everyone who preordered a $20 credit to use on any game.

What are my options now for getting a CE? Just called some prick at gamestop and he told me I can't get the CE at all unless I preordered. Amazon is SOL. And I don't even know if Walmart is sending out CE versions, or if they have them in stock.

Just had an Amazon rep lie to me repeatedly about the status of my order. Good job, Amazon.

"your order will arrive today" (already 6pm here)
"when it ships" - I thought you just said it will be here today?
"release-date delivery doesn't have tracking information" - lol
"the item will arrive on time" - it's already late, dumbass

Gamestop down the street says they have a CE in stock, might have to go see about that. Wouldn't really have an issue waiting if Amazon weren't lying about the whole thing.

[quote name='EvilIA']Two of the Best Buys I checked in the Seattle area got 20+ copies of the standard version. Target also.

I'm in pending for a June 7th Amazon order.[/QUOTE]Gah, really? I stopped by the one in North Gate and the guy said they had 72 copies incoming, but none in stock.

Gamestop was a bust too, only had enough copies for people who pre-ordered. He offered to sell me one, but I don't want to gyp someone out of their copy. Guess I'll just wait to see how the still-shipping-soon Amazon order turns out... I'd still rather have the normal edition right now, the bonuses mean very little to me since I already have the CE guide incoming.

[quote name='IRHari']Yep, I pre ordered from Best BUy on Satureday,, the collectors edition.

Went there today to pick it up, all they have are the standard editions, some sort of 'shipping error'.

But hey, they'lll give me $20 GC, only if I buy the standard edition.

I cancelled the preorder. Told em newegg was cancelling all preorders and giving everyone who preordered a $20 credit to use on any game.

What are my options now for getting a CE? Just called some prick at gamestop and he told me I can't get the CE at all unless I preordered. Amazon is SOL. And I don't even know if Walmart is sending out CE versions, or if they have them in stock.[/QUOTE]
At least you got even that, when I mentioned the memo for a $20 GC they didn't have any idea what I was talking about and this was at 5:00 PM. Could a Best Buy employee (if there are any watching this thread) print, scan, and upload the memo so I don't waste more time when I go back there next?

I placed my order on June 27th and my CE arrived today. It weighed 1.6 lbs and fortunately was not in a bubble mailer, although it looks like the box was roughed up a little during transit. One end of the tin is slightly bent outward.

well, newegg screwed me over. it's great that they send me an email the night before saying ooops! so now anyone who relied on newegg is screwed. $20 credit isn't even that helpful. i guess i could get standard edition for 40, but i was getting c.e. for 50 i thought, so idk. oh wells. n yeah bestbuy has lots of standard, no c.e. tho...

[quote name='kynetarse']Just had an Amazon rep lie to me repeatedly about the status of my order. Good job, Amazon.

"your order will arrive today" (already 6pm here)
"when it ships" - I thought you just said it will be here today?
"release-date delivery doesn't have tracking information" - lol
"the item will arrive on time" - it's already late, dumbass

Gamestop down the street says they have a CE in stock, might have to go see about that. Wouldn't really have an issue waiting if Amazon weren't lying about the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, the guy lied a bunch and I called him out on it and he apologized a bunch and lied again! It was ridiculous, but he finally gave me a $5 credit for the game not coming on time and him lying.

Talk to a new rep, he said trouble with that item at warehouse (guessing like someone said earlier they mixed up the CE/SE) he said it will ship out tommorow at the latest.

Referring to Newegg>>>>>

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']
However - in this case - I am not concerned that I won't get the CE. I ordered it back in August with the discount code - so I can easily 'prove' I ordered the CE in case they fail to send it.
I would suggest those concerned over it just chill until you get your delivery next week. Or simply cancel your order - easy enough to do - and hope to find a CE elsewhere. Personally I am confident I will get the CE - and I'll be sure to post if I did or didn't next week. :)
My advice is not to worry.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it? :)

Just kidding. Newegg's $20 credit is a pretty good deal. They made up for their failure. Bestbuy and Namco, not so much.

Its ironic that RAGE's release and this Dark Souls fiasco are on the same day. Anyone that pre-ordered Dark Souls CE from bestbuy got RAGE instead

[quote name='proKoyeon']the plastic slip cover on mine looks worn down around all edges...as if it were a year old or something, anyone elses look like this too?[/QUOTE]
I had that issue with the Oblivion 5th Anniversary. The slipcover from my copy of Dark Souls turned out to be relatively pristine. It was shipped pretty snug in one of those wraparound boxes, where you pull a plastic strip to get it open.

bread's done
Back