Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon sent me the Standard instead of CE and got it today instead of release day.

Called to complain about both issues was offered to send it back at a full refund or a $30 refund to keep it for the trouble...took the $30 I'm happy.

[quote name='HandsDown']Amazon sent me the Standard instead of CE and got it today instead of release day.

Called to complain about both issues was offered to send it back at a full refund or a $30 refund to keep it for the trouble...took the $30 I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

I would have done the same thing. Thats a great deal!

[quote name='Booj']Disappointed with Amazon over this. I could have pre-ordered it at 20 different places and had the game by now but I chose Amazon due to their track record.[/QUOTE]

I know how in the sam hell can preorders be taken that far back and there is an issue with production. :hot: They had months to prepare I ordered in June.

What went wrong?

I'm usually not one to troll like this, but I have to say this thread has really had some huge swings in tone that make me laugh. Seems like just a few days ago everyone was complaining about how the CE had been gimped and was not worth getting, and now everyone's upset because the CE is actually somewhat difficult to get.

My CE copy came in from Amazon just fine, except UPS left it on the front porch of the vacant house next door. Luckily no one had taken it. Now if only my PS3 hadn't died a few days ago I could actually play it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']
Does Batman: AC have any multiplayer components this time?
[/QUOTE]

Not every game has to have multiplayer to warrant playing it... Jeez, once again, this gaming generation...

My ce from Amazon came today, so I'm pretty excited. I orderred on the 26th of September when they came back in stock briefly for the actual CE product listing, with RDD free because of prime. Package weight was 1.3 oz and it was in one of those wrap-around cardboard packages. It isn't in perfect condition, but i don't feel like complaining.

I did get a $5 credit because i was getting ansy about it coming since it wasn't here until after 5. The cs said RDD is only really for people who live closer to shipping facilities. B.S.

[quote name='solidFire501']I'm usually not one to troll like this, but I have to say this thread has really had some huge swings in tone that make me laugh. Seems like just a few days ago everyone was complaining about how the CE had been gimped and was not worth getting, and now everyone's upset because the CE is actually somewhat difficult to get.

My CE copy came in from Amazon just fine, except UPS left it on the front porch of the vacant house next door. Luckily no one had taken it. Now if only my PS3 hadn't died a few days ago I could actually play it.[/QUOTE]

Just because it was gimped doesn't mean we don't want it. I think the collector's edition is bad but I still bought it. I wouldn't have paid extra for it but I'll take it as a preorder upgrade.

I got lucky and called a local gamestop today and they happened to have a CE left from a cancelled preorder. People may want to try calling back today or tomorrow and see if the same thing happens for them.

Make sure to call any gamestops in the area that have it in stock. I got the last copy at mine earlier today, it was one extra they had, so you may luck out too.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Not every game has to have multiplayer to warrant playing it... Jeez, once again, this gaming generation...[/QUOTE]
Ya...did you not even read the complete post? "jeez, this gaming generation" indeed ;)
[quote name='guardian_owl']two questions,
1.)What system would you get it for?
2.)Does Batman: AC have any multiplayer components this time?

1.)If 360 there is the risk the community might die down faster than PS3 since there is already a built in audience for the PS3 version of Dark Souls.
2.)If no, then it will be the same experience the day of release as it will a few months later after a price drop. Not to mention the last game had a GOTY edition with all of the DLC and judging by skimming the news article headings the sequel is going to have a lot of DLC. That's enough to make me want to wait on Arkham City.[/QUOTE]

Side note, man this manual is hard to read with the black griminess overlay, black knight outlines, grey background with black lettering.

Well guys, I think I might have the worst luck out of everyone with this debacle...

I preordered Dark Souls for the PS3 back on August 18, back when there was only one version, but in the description it had the free upgrade to CE. I got my auto-confirm email for Release Date delivery at $59.99. I also got a follow up email from Amazon saying that all those who preordered would get their copies auto upgraded as well.

Fast forward to this week. Well, I didn't get an email saying that it was shipped, but I was busy on Monday and Tuesday. No big deal, I saw that everyone was getting theirs late and I wouldn't have time to play it on release day anyway. I go to my Amazon account today to check the status on my order... and its not there. I go to my email and click on the order number... and its also not there. So I call Customer Service and apparently it was canceled, but the dude couldn't tell me who canceled it, when it was canceled, how it was canceled, why it was canceled, etc. Pretty lame.

He promised to find a copy of the CE for me, but I'm very doubtful that I'll be getting one from Amazon. Looks like I got screwed. I'm really bummed out because I don't have a lot of time to go searching GameStops to find one, but that looks like the course of action if I want a CE...

darksoulsce.jpg

This thread grows too fast for me to read everything, but I thought I'd share my latest experience with Dark Souls merchandise. I went to Gamestop to see if I could find a strategy guide. I don't know if all of them are hardbacks, but for $24.99 I figured it was a reasonable price. I was kind of shocked to see it was only $22 something when it rang up. I guess there's some sort of promotion going on? I have no idea, but if you're interested in the guide and having problems with Amazon or whomever, Gamestop might be a viable alternative at this point.

Just got back from BB. I price matched Fry's for 49.96, then got the $20 gift card on top of that. I tried to get the other $10 gift card that is offered on the site, and the guy who was helping me was even willing to, but the system wouldn't let him. So I got the standard edition for basically $29.96. It was worth a try to go for $19.96, but the system wouldn't let me get the additional $10 gift card :(

Now I just need to buy the Collector's items and I'll make my own damn CE.

[quote name='tenike1']
darksoulsce.jpg

This thread grows too fast for me to read everything, but I thought I'd share my latest experience with Dark Souls merchandise. I went to Gamestop to see if I could find a strategy guide. I don't know if all of them are hardbacks, but for $24.99 I figured it was a reasonable price. I was kind of shocked to see it was only $22 something when it rang up. I guess there's some sort of promotion going on? I have no idea, but if you're interested in the guide and having problems with Amazon or whomever, Gamestop might be a viable alternative at this point.[/QUOTE]

if you buy the guide only with a pur card it's 10% off, if you buy a game + a guide it's 20% off the guide

thats what i did last night, dark souls CE + guide and got 20% off the guide

mother fucking Amazon. Mine still hasn't shipped (though I didn't select Release Date Delivery). Pretty much guaranteed I don't get the upgrade, even though I preordered in June. For fucks sake, that's just rediculous. I'll take the 30.00 offered above, (if extended to me as well) but that's complete bullshit for a preorder from that far back.

[quote name='Zmonkay']mother fucking Amazon. Mine still hasn't shipped (though I didn't select Release Date Delivery). Pretty much guaranteed I don't get the upgrade, even though I preordered in June. For fucks sake, that's just rediculous. I'll take the 30.00 offered above, (if extended to me as well) but that's complete bullshit for a preorder from that far back.[/QUOTE]

I ordered in June as well. But before that, I pre-ordered the standard version in May. I think I made the right decision by cancelling the standard version and specifically getting the Collector's Edition from Amazon's Gold Box. I think that really helped sort out the mess since my order technically wasn't a "free upgrade," it was for the CE.

[quote name='tenike1']I ordered in June as well. But before that, I pre-ordered the standard version in May. I think I made the right decision by cancelling the standard version and specifically getting the Collector's Edition from Amazon's Gold Box. I think that really helped sort out the mess since my order technically wasn't a "free upgrade," it was for the CE.[/QUOTE]

THis is what I did as well. I had the standard ordered but when the CE was up, I switched mine over. Glad I did. However I still have to deal with this shitty stock issue with the damned guide despite the fact I have had it pre-ordered for some time now. :bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']THis is what I did as well. I had the standard ordered but when the CE was up, I switched mine over. Glad I did. However I still have to deal with this shitty stock issue with the damned guide despite the fact I have had it pre-ordered for some time now. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I'm a Sone too. Ever visit Soshi? :cool:

Has anybody tried to redeem their CE collector code? Mine isn't working. :cold:

[quote name='barrit']Just got back from BB. I price matched Fry's for 49.96, then got the $20 gift card on top of that. I tried to get the other $10 gift card that is offered on the site, and the guy who was helping me was even willing to, but the system wouldn't let him. So I got the standard edition for basically $29.96. It was worth a try to go for $19.96, but the system wouldn't let me get the additional $10 gift card :(

Now I just need to buy the Collector's items and I'll make my own damn CE.[/QUOTE]

Thought I would come on here and my experience with BB would be unique. I ended up just getting the $20 gift card which is fine I guess but I really wanted that CE.

[quote name='rentacop']Thought I would come on here and my experience with BB would be unique. I ended up just getting the $20 gift card which is fine I guess but I really wanted that CE.[/QUOTE]

I'll take that $20 GC any day over the cheap, junky CE that Namco released. Had Atlus released the CE, it would have been a whole different story; but Namco really screwed everyone on this one. Don't feel that you missed anything, because from everything I've heard, you haven't.

And if you need a good guide, pick up the Future Press hardcover guide and you're all set; its fantastic.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I'll take that $20 GC any day over the cheap, junky CE that Namco released. Had Atlus released the CE, it would have been a whole different story; but Namco really screwed everyone on this one. Don't feel that you missed anything, because from everything I've heard, you haven't.

And if you need a good guide, pick up the Future Press hardcover guide and you're all set; its fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Naw it's not the guide just the fact that I love this game series more than a $20 gift card lol. I'll def take it though over losing my pre-order amount and having to search far and wide for a CE.

Is Gamestop the only place that sells the guide? I figure I might as well get this game now with trade ins from Best Buy so I can grab a guide while they still sell them. I will be hopefully getting it on Friday.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Is Gamestop the only place that sells the guide? I figure I might as well get this game now with trade ins from Best Buy so I can grab a guide while they still sell them. I will be hopefully getting it on Friday.[/QUOTE]

In the U.S., only Gamestop and Amazon carried the guide AFAIK, but local Gamestops in my area still seem to have them readily available. Whereas Amazon seems to be having a difficult time fulfilling the product, not sure why. I got mine today at GS, and there didn't seem to be an inventory problem with them, at this store at least.

[quote name='chimpmeister']In the U.S., only Gamestop and Amazon carried the guide AFAIK, but local Gamestops in my area still seem to have them readily available. Whereas Amazon seems to be having a difficult time fulfilling the product, not sure why. I got mine today at GS, and there didn't seem to be an inventory problem with them, at this store at least.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. My luck is every gamestop sells out of them by Friday. I would go tomorrow but I got a job interview.

[quote name='cdul']I'm really bummed out because I don't have a lot of time to go searching GameStops to find one, but that looks like the course of action if I want a CE...[/QUOTE]

Dude, I just called 23 Gamestops and nobody had a copy.

2/23 employees were jerks.

3/23 were female.

7/23 were literally sold out.
1/23 said he was sold out, but sounded like he was lying.
10/23 said to check back tomorrow, Friday or Saturday.
5/23 said preorders are held for 1 week.

23/23 promptly answered the phone on the first attempt.

[quote name='Gamelore']Dude, I just called 23 Gamestops and nobody had a copy.

3/23 were female.

23/23 promptly answered the phone on the first attempt.[/QUOTE]

LOL
I feel you man, I called about 10 gamestops, and at least 9 of them talked to me as if they didn't want my money.

theres a gamestop by my house that always have a few extra copies of this weird editions, i stop there today and they had the last ps3 CE and 3 xbox360 CE, i grabbed the ps3 one, the metal case was in great shape but i gotta say this is kind of cheap, ohh well, what matters is the game and is freaking awesome!

I pre-ordered from Walmart and received the regular edition even though the Namco site had Walmart listed as one of the retailers that would do the free upgrade. Contacted customer service but their computers were down. Oh well, will check in the AM.

Hmm I just checked on gamestop to see if any stores around me had the CE in stock, all 3 had them. Is that accurate or is it possibly mixing it up with the regular edition?

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Hmm I just checked on gamestop to see if any stores around me had the CE in stock, all 3 had them. Is that accurate or is it possibly mixing it up with the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

I already called a few. Almost all the gamestop around me had copies available. It is for preorder only from what I have been told. Doesn't hurt to try to ask, they might have an extra copy ordered.

I called a few of my gamestops and they only have preorders left for CE. I heard they only hold preorders for 48 hours, but I'm not sure, anyone confirm?

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Hmm I just checked on gamestop to see if any stores around me had the CE in stock, all 3 had them. Is that accurate or is it possibly mixing it up with the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

Yea, all of them show up like that. I called all the ones around me and they were all still reserved. I went in today and they had like 6-7 sitting behind the counter, and that was just the PS3 copies. I thought I was gonna get one, because the dude was about to ring me up, but then he asked if the ones in the shelf were reserved too and the other guy said yes, he can only sell me a standard copy. I asked when does their holding period end, and the guy said for that game, they will probably hold it all week long.

[quote name='Player707']I called a few of my gamestops and they only have preorders left for CE. I heard they only hold preorders for 48 hours, but I'm not sure, anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

Can confirm this with the fellow I talked to. Friday is your best bet for the left over CE to be available to the public.

Dang.. I just started looking into this game and it looks pretty good. I just bought Dead Island though so maybe I'll hold off until the regular edition drops in price and save myself from going poor..

[quote name='Vinny']So, shouldn't this thread be moved to the graveyard..?[/QUOTE]

Why would it? It's still striking up a lot of conversation from people and it's not doing any harm.

[quote name='Vinny']So, shouldn't this thread be moved to the graveyard..?[/QUOTE]

Boom kill it!!!! Its like we are all obviously done bitching about it so lets move on!

NO that is sarcasm- we need to bitch about this so you just go home and play your CE.

fuck.

got home after checking some GS and BB (mainly for Ico collection and coupon... no go there), and my Amazon order was on the table. it was a bigger box than normal... bt felt kinda light... yup it's the fucking regular standard edition! I pre-ordered on May 11 (free upgrade in description) but guess I should have canceled and ordered the actual CE listing they had up after. any chance Amazon has more CE somewhere? I think I read that at least 3 other CAGs that pre-ordered early (one in May as well) got fucked while a few that pre-order in Sept still got the CE.

Got the wrong version of the collectors edition. I ordered the PS3 and got the XBOX CE. I contacted Amazon and offered me to keep the XBOX version and they would credit me $30. I basically got it the XBOX ce for $30! Amazon is awesome!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']fuck.

got home after checking some GS and BB (mainly for Ico collection and coupon... no go there), and my Amazon order was on the table. it was a bigger box than normal... bt felt kinda light... yup it's the fucking regular standard edition! I pre-ordered on May 11 (free upgrade in description) but guess I should have canceled and ordered the actual CE listing they had up after. any chance Amazon has more CE somewhere? I think I read that at least 3 other CAGs that pre-ordered early (one in May as well) got fucked while a few that pre-order in Sept still got the CE.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the same day as you but never switched it, ended up getting the CE. It's almost like a lottery with this.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I ordered the same day as you but never switched it, ended up getting the CE. It's almost like a lottery with this.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's crazy. the guy before you even got the wrong version (not sure if that's better or not) :cool: though I did change the shipping speed on October 3 to 2-day from Standard. god if that's the reason it really is bullshit

I checked the past several pages. it seems like a few CAGs got standard even though they pre-ordered early (one in May like myself, another in July). and another CAG pre-order Sept 23 and still got the CE wtf.

I sent Amazon a an email so hopefully they can find more CEs and help people who didn't get it.

got mine in tonight. preordered when they first offered the CE upgrade free, and thankfully that's what I got, and in perfect condition

[quote name='Gamelore']Dude, I just called 23 Gamestops and nobody had a copy.

3/23 were female.

23/23 promptly answered the phone on the first attempt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Evilv6']LOL
I feel you man, I called about 10 gamestops, and at least 9 of them talked to me as if they didn't want my money.[/QUOTE]

I called one of my local Gamestop's and made up a story about being an idiot and ordering Dark Souls CE from Amazon (the employees at this gamestop get all butthurt and take it personally if you don't preorder through them) and receiving it severely damaged as I told them it was shipped in a bubble mailer instead of a box...

To my surprise the GS employee asked me if I had opened it.

I lied again and said no (as I never even ordered one through Amazon) and he said that although he didn't have any copies for sale he might be able to exchange my damaged copy for one they had reserved for someone else...

Obviously I told him not to worry about it because I didn't have a damaged copy to exchange but I wasn't sure if that was awesome of him or really crappy.

fucking Gamestop.

I reserved the strategy guide at a store 40 minutes away with In-Store-Pickup this morning. After work, I drove the 40 minutes to the Gamestop whereupon the employee couldn't locate my order. He double checked all the cabinets, and then phoned an off-duty employee who told him they sold my copy to someone claiming to be me!!

He said this happened only once in the past 2 years he's worked there. WTF. No condolences, but he said he'd try to get another copy shipped to his store if I call tomorrow...

I see no reason not to blame Namco for all of this.

Of course, it's all Namco's fault when Gamestop sold your copy of Future Press' guide to someone else... ;)

I know, I know. Had Namco stuck to their original plan of including a hard copy of guide in the CE, none of this BS shortage would have happened. It's definitely all Namco's fault!

This is fucked up! How the hell does someone order it on sept 22nd and get a CE version yet I ordered on may 17th and it hasn't even shipped yet? On top of that they fucking charged me 3days ago. fucking bullshit...

bread's done
Back