Dark Souls, Yakuza Dead Souls (PS3) $15, Lollipop Chainsaw $20 w/free shipping & more

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Komentra']Meh, still waiting for Lollipop to go down more. Good price for anyone who doesnt have Dark Souls though.[/QUOTE]

How cheap has it gotten before?

Lollipop is silly without being funny and dumb fun without being actually fun. Got some good bits, the first boss especially, but it's not a good game.

[quote name='Owlmanus']How cheap has it gotten before?[/QUOTE]

Uhhm... I picked up LC for $10 plus two dollars shipping from GoHastings.com Black Friday week?

And to the other guy who hates it, so far I have the opposite opinion. I wanted to pop-out the disc during that first boss fight (really, he's just screaming the most misogynist insults for the entire stage working up to the fight), then the rest of it died down a bit and got back in the groove of tongue-in-cheek, fourth wall, B-horror humor.

That being said, now that I've played it would I have paid more than $20 for it, no. It's a button-masher ala Dynasty Warriors with some odd in-action mini-games and the above "humor", but I think it earns its meager pricetag. I know we're CAGs but you need to adjust expectations accordingly at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LazyTriangle']for those looking to upgrade the hdd on their PS3, this $55 samsung spinpoint hdd is really good, I installed one of these in my own PS3 a couple of years ago and haven't had any issues with it, they are very reliable[/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a fantastic price.

Sorry to go off topic but can anyone tell me how hard it is to install a new hard drive into a PS3 Slim? Thanks to being a PS Plus member for over a year now I have ran out of space finally and a upgrade would be nice.

So... 3 questions.

1. How to install?
2. How to backup existing HD and putting it on the new one.
3. Wouldn't you have to install the Sony OS on it? How would you go about doing that?

If someone could answer those or post a link with info about this then I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Here's a 1TB. Wouldn't this work as well? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152291

[quote name='Komentra']So... 3 questions.

1. How to install?
2. How to backup existing HD and putting it on the new one.
3. Wouldn't you have to install the Sony OS on it? How would you go about doing that?

If someone could answer those or post a link with info about this then I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Here's a 1TB. Wouldn't this work as well? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152291[/QUOTE]

first thing you will need an external hdd, hook it up to the PS3 itself with a usb cable and from the xmb menu create a back up all of your files. Then take out the old hdd out of the PS3 and install the new one in, the PS3 should recognize it and will format it, plug in the external hdd again and restore all the files into the new/bigger hdd

Sony has made it very easy to swap the hdd on the PS3, there are several tutorials on google and youtube if you happen to get lost.... and yes that 1TB will work on a PS3 as well

I was just browsing on there this morning and somehow missed Dead Souls!

Good looking out!

Suda games are always crazy/nuts.. though the gameplay was repetitive and lacking in Lollipop Chainsaw I wasn't too surprised after playing Shadows of the Damned.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']first thing you will need an external hdd, hook it up to the PS3 itself with a usb cable and from the xmb menu create a back up all of your files. Then take out the old hdd out of the PS3 and install the new one in, the PS3 should recognize it and will format it, plug in the external hdd again and restore all the files into the new/bigger hdd

Sony has made it very easy to swap the hdd on the PS3, there are several tutorials on google and youtube if you happen to get lost.... and yes that 1TB will work on a PS3 as well[/QUOTE]

Damn I might have to get that 1TB. I hate that I have to constantly delete stuff to find space for new games.

bread's done
Back