Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition (PS4) - $12.93 [Amazon]

How is this game? I've heard the dungeons are randomized and can be frustrating. Am I missing something? Would love another diamond in the rough game.

How is this game? I've heard the dungeons are randomized and can be frustrating. Am I missing something? Would love another diamond in the rough game.
Once you've got a firm grasp of the game, RNG is your bane. There are some legit setups that can game the system to counter all the nonsense, but anything less in a team will make you hate life. Very well done game, but the RNG can be a bit bullshit.

Awesome price for this!  Down to $12.77 by the way.  Its always interesting to see how low these Amazon fluctuating price games go before going back up.  Its like playing the stock market!

A small tip that sometimes works for these price dropping games.  Order with the longest shipping option.  If the game goes down by another buck or so and it hasn't shipped yet just cancel and reorder.  It sometimes works but it sometimes doesn't as Amazon catches on and ships the game right away despite selecting delayed shipping.

Awesome price for this! Down to $12.77 by the way. Its always interesting to see how low these Amazon fluctuating price games go before going back up. Its like playing the stock market!

A small tip that sometimes works for these price dropping games. Order with the longest shipping option. If the game goes down by another buck or so and it hasn't shipped yet just cancel and reorder. It sometimes works but it sometimes doesn't as Amazon catches on and ships the game right away despite selecting delayed shipping.
Thanks for the tip! I bit on this when it hit $19.99, and returned my $23.99 Best Buy GCU launch copy. I figured it wouldn't get too much cheaper, and indeed, it temporarily went back up to $25. Can't believe it's friggin' $12 and change now! Really wish I would have held out a bit longer!! (Last time I waited on an item like that, it went out of print and now sells for over 10 times it's original retail price. Can't seem to win!)

If you like turn based dungeon crawlers...superb. took forever for me to plat it...don't regret a minute! Insanity mechanic makes it unique but like others have said, prepare for RNG frustration. I love my vita, this has cross save feature that I used alot

Man, I wish physical copies came with a Vita digital download. Already have it on PC, so not sure i should double dip.

bread's done
Back