Darksiders $15, Mass Effect 2 & God of War 3 $18 and More - GameFly Weekly Deals

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having a 3 day used game sale with great prices and free shipping on the titles listed below. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 9/17.

:360::ps3: Darksiders (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) $17.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't resist Darksiders and Dante's Inferno at those prices...however, I'm betting Alpha Protocol will get cheaper sooner rather than later, so I'll wait on that. Thanks, Cheapy...!

Just bought GoW3 (despite my backlog being ridiculous and Super Street Fighter IV and Halo: Reach both competing for time). Couldn't pass it up at that price - thanks!

I usually wait for the price point to hit the rock bottom 9.99, then stock up my backlog. Now that EA is fighting against used game sales with DLC, it puts a premium on Gamefly used games, since almost anywhere else you buy used, you will not get the code. I don't even have time for ME2, but my guess is that it will be sold out before it even hits 9.99, so 17.99 is looking like the new 9.99. Although what is the chance you get a copy that someone traded in?

[quote name='sonnyforple']Although what is the chance you get a copy that someone traded in?[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely anecdotal, but every game I've ever bought from GameFly has come with absolutely everything, DLC codes included.

[quote name='sonnyforple']Now that EA is fighting against used game sales with DLC, it puts a premium on Gamefly used games, since almost anywhere else you buy used, you will not get the code.[/QUOTE]

What the guy who posted prior to me said.

Anywhere else when you buy used, you get the retail package - the same physical package that someone purchased and used.

When you rent games from Gamefly, they send the discs only - never the stuff that comes in the retail package. So the DLC codes are going to be unused... unless there's some warehouse gnome that goes around opening boxes as they sit in storage.

I went for it. I doubt GOW3 will go any lower that $20, even on BF, since its a Sony game and they NEVER lower their damn prices. I cant even find Uncharted 1 for less than $25. The one time I found it for $20, I jumped and havent seen it lower since.

I loved the Darksiders demo, plus I got in on the "Get Red Faction free with art book" for sending in that paper... found an unused one at Gamestop :) So great deal!!

Too slow, looks like God of War III is already out. First Bayonetta, now this, I need to get on the ball with these things.

EDIT: Wooo, back in stock!

bit on AP. $20 shipped is the right price to me. Even if the gameplay uses dice-rolls and the shooting looks janky as hell. What's the last spy rpg you've played?

Mulled over Alpha Protocol for a few days and decided to cave. Games like this that are polarized between the review community and the forum community intrigue me. Watching a few videos it seems that that dialogue might prove to funny to me in the same way Mass Effect was. Plan on doing a spec walkthough so the combat won't prove to be troublesome.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']I had both GOW3 and Dante's Inferno, the two games are too similar to own both, so I traded in Dante to Amazon.

I however kept Bayonetta. Not all button smashing games are the same, but GOW and Dante are.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I rented Dante's and was frustrated at the bad checkpoint system. I enjoyed the story and voice-acting but the gameplay and design faltered. GOW3 and Bayonetta are staples for this generation.

P.S. - I love Michigan too. My userid is an ode to Michigan. Lets get it!

Just a heads up to people interested in Mass Effect 2 and have a TRU close by the game with current 30% off B&M will be $18.89 before tax..

Hmmm thinking about maybe biting on Alpha protocal .. game always has had me interested...

I thought I remembered reading there was a big graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of Bayonetta. Is this true?

[quote name='DAWG26']I thought I remembered reading there was a big graphical difference between the PS3 and 360 versions of Bayonetta. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

more of a framerate issue with the ps3 version. Although check around if a patch was ever released as most devs throw one out after its too late.

Latest patches apparently fix a lot of technical issues including the ridiculous loading times, but the frame rate issue has not been patched and there is no future plan to improve it.
This is the PS3 version.

[quote name='zsciaeount']To anyone who doesn't already own it, Darksiders is an absolute steal at that price... very good game that borders on great. I had a lot of fun with it...[/QUOTE]

So tempting but I have GoW3 and Alan Wake to get through. Still, $15 is practically free.

[quote name='brkptr']You'll probably like ME2 better than the first if lack of direction was your main problem with it. This one has a much narrower scope and more limited options, both in things to do and in levels/inventory. For me it lost a lot of the fun RPG-ish stuff that I enjoyed in the first, but for someone that's not too into RPGs it's a lot more streamlined and approachable. It's a quality game, despite me personally being a little disappointed by it, and $18 with the Cerberus code is a good deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='daminion']ME2 was far better in telling you where you need to go, the map shows you where to go for all available quests and there is no inventory system, only a weapon loadout system -- which you never really need to change since it auto upgrades you to the best weapons available at the time. The only weapon I changed out frequently was the heavy weapon selection.

I liked ME1, but ME2 made the best user interface decisions i've ever seen in a sequel.[/QUOTE]Thanks guys. You talked me into it. Picked up ME2 and Dante's Inferno.

I had just traded God of War 3 on Craigslist for both Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy XIII. So... $18 bucks to buy it back makes it a sweeter deal.

Thanks OP.

Ugh, well I got Alpha Protocol in the mail today, and the disc is in poor condition. GameFly's exact words are "all discs are pre-inspected and 100% guaranteed," but that doesn't even make sense. Guaranteed to be what exactly? I bet they mean that the games are guaranteed to work, but they really need to state that instead of stating something so meaningless.

This game supposedly already has enough problems; I better not experience any playback issues on top of that.

Glad I picked up GOW3 and Darksiders before they went up in price. I didn't like the demo for Darksiders too much, but at that pricepoint, I'll give it a go.

[quote name='cheeky']Do I need a code for the free shipping? Wants to charge me $7.[/QUOTE]

Says the sale was to end today. Guessing they go by CST.

[quote name='nekromantix']Says the sale was to end today. Guessing they go by CST.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nekro, that's what i was thinking. Ended up buying Alpha Protocol anyway as the price has not changed, just had to pay for the shipping.

[quote name='Donut2922']Some of you guys buying ME 2 should be aware that it's $18 brand new at TRU through end of today.[/QUOTE]
Any coupon needed or is this a sale price? I checked the weekly ad and online and the price was not $18.

Well shit... I got my games in today (Awesome!) but God of War 3 is actually scratched like it was rubbed with steel wool and there's a fucking chip on the edge of the disc. Like it got hit with a knife. Ive bought from GF before and everything was perfect, this is the first time I get damage items.

Hows the return policy with these guys? I emailed their support and tried calling (closed) but I recall seeing something that said NO RETURNS. You cant tell me Im stuck with this damaged game.

[quote name='no_exit']Any coupon needed or is this a sale price? I checked the weekly ad and online and the price was not $18.[/QUOTE]

^this

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']I had both GOW3 and Dante's Inferno, the two games are too similar to own both, so I traded in Dante to Amazon.

I however kept Bayonetta. Not all button smashing games are the same, but GOW and Dante are.[/QUOTE]
Too similar? I'm shocked EA hasn't been sued for essentially copying GOW verbatim. There's taking aspects of popular games and using some of them in your own and then there's out and out stealing the entire game, doing some skin swaps on enemies and calling it a different game. That's what Dante's was....a blatant copy of GOW.
[quote name='Geello']http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/embed/1404

While I normally think Yahtzee is full of it, his review of Darksiders was pretty spot on to me (but obviously not everyone else in this thread =p )
[/QUOTE]
I actually liked Darksiders moreso than God Of War 3 and I've owned both(still have Darksiders though as I never quite finished it).

But yeah, that review was not only hilarious but right on many, many aspects of the game. It's still a fun knockoff though.

[quote name='Ravenous']Well shit... I got my games in today (Awesome!) but God of War 3 is actually scratched like it was rubbed with steel wool and there's a fucking chip on the edge of the disc. Like it got hit with a knife. Ive bought from GF before and everything was perfect, this is the first time I get damage items.

Hows the return policy with these guys? I emailed their support and tried calling (closed) but I recall seeing something that said NO RETURNS. You cant tell me Im stuck with this damaged game.[/QUOTE]

You're able to return it, but not exchange it. They'll give you your money back and that's about it.

[quote name='no_exit']Any coupon needed or is this a sale price? I checked the weekly ad and online and the price was not $18.[/QUOTE]

In store. No coupons. $26.98 plus it's marked for 30% clearance - better hurry sale ends today.

[quote name='Donnums']You're able to return it, but not exchange it. They'll give you your money back and that's about it.[/QUOTE]

fuck! That sucks ass. I got a quick email from them and they sent me all the stuff to send the game back and already refunded my card. It said their system isnt set up for 1:1 exchange but thats bullshit. Im gonna call on monday and see if they cant exchange to manually adjust the price and or have me buy a whole nother copy and they refund me the difference. That how we do it with my job so maybe theyll do the same.

Bought God of War 3, it came today...and it doesn't work. The disc is in damn near mint condition, but I can't get past the first 10 minutes without the game freezing up.

My Dante's Inferno copy looks like a belt sander made sweet love to it. Oddly enough, it still works and installed just fine.

bread's done
Back