Darksiders 2 - PS3 ($47.99)

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Did this game flop or something? I see this game going down quick.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you can decide if something "flopped" 8 days after it releases. Plus this is really $52, Amazon price is $56.xx still.

That being said, THQ games tend to drop. It will be $40 before too long. I'll be waiting for sub $20 just because my backlog is so big.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Not sure if you can decide if something "flopped" 8 days after it releases. Plus this is really $52, Amazon price is $56.xx still.

That being said, THQ games tend to drop. It will be $40 before too long. I'll be waiting for sub $20 just because my backlog is so big.[/QUOTE]

Really good game. That said, I imagine it will be 30 or 40 on Black Friday if people are willing to wait until the end of November. Not all THQ games have dropped really fast though. Saints Row 3 stayed at 60 for 8 or 9 months and it's finally coming down in the last month or so. Darksiders 2 isn't anywhere near as popular as Saint's Row 3 though so I would expect a drop much earlier and a good deal this Christmas for it.

[quote name='Blaster man']Really good game. That said, I imagine it will be 30 or 40 on Black Friday if people are willing to wait until the end of November. Not all THQ games have dropped really fast though. Saints Row 3 stayed at 60 for 8 or 9 months and it's finally coming down in the last month or so. Darksiders 2 isn't anywhere near as popular as Saint's Row 3 though so I would expect a drop much earlier and a good deal this Christmas for it.[/QUOTE]

Good point. WWE '12 has taken it's sweet time in dropping as well (it finally got to $30 last week). I guess UFC 3 hasn't dropped all that quick either. Maybe THQ isn't dropping prices as fast as they used to.

[quote name='Blaster man']Really good game. That said, I imagine it will be 30 or 40 on Black Friday if people are willing to wait until the end of November. Not all THQ games have dropped really fast though. Saints Row 3 stayed at 60 for 8 or 9 months and it's finally coming down in the last month or so. Darksiders 2 isn't anywhere near as popular as Saint's Row 3 though so I would expect a drop much earlier and a good deal this Christmas for it.[/QUOTE]

SR3 was $39.99 three weeks after release and then $29.99 a week later.

[quote name='krashhole']Then why bother replying?[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda just curious why so many people on this site conveniently leave out the shipping charge. This is barely lower than MSRP so why is there a thread about it?

[quote name='krashhole']It's actually about $13 cheaper when you factor in taxes. Remember, this is CAG[/QUOTE]

Not all of us live in states with sales tax. You really can't spin this as being a deal.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Did this game flop or something? I see this game going down quick.[/QUOTE]

Its definitely not a flop, but its one of those games that's good but panned by most. It won't go down as fast as say Sleeping Dogs, 'cuz Vigil is a bit more of a competent developer than United Front, but it will go down within a month, I bet.

[quote name='Slowdance']Not all of us live in states with sales tax. You really can't spin this as being a deal.[/QUOTE]

There are a grand total of five states without sales tax so I guess you're one of the lucky few. For the rest of us, $12-$15 off a game the week after release is a pretty decent deal.

[quote name='Drkr_Zen']Its definitely not a flop, but its one of those games that's good but panned by most. It won't go down as fast as say Sleeping Dogs, 'cuz Vigil is a bit more of a competent developer than United Front, but it will go down within a month, I bet.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd consider an 85 average on Metacritic as being "panned by most".

[quote name='Drkr_Zen']Its definitely not a flop, but its one of those games that's good but panned by most. It won't go down as fast as say Sleeping Dogs, 'cuz Vigil is a bit more of a competent developer than United Front, but it will go down within a month, I bet.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say it was panned by most? It has an 85 on Metacritic, which puts it into the top 10 best reviewed games of the year so far.

[quote name='Killbomb']There are a grand total of five states without sales tax so I guess you're one of the lucky few. For the rest of us, $12-$15 off a game the week after release is a pretty decent deal.[/QUOTE]

Mostly I just want to know why its acceptable to leave out a mandatory shipping charge when you post the price of a game. The OP isn't getting anything for hits on this thread so what possible reason could there be for dishonesty?

Anyway, we have vastly different views on a "decent deal". This game will be $30 in less than a month, so no, this isn't a very good deal.

[quote name='Slowdance']Mostly I just want to know why its acceptable to leave out a mandatory shipping charge when you post the price of a game. The OP isn't getting anything for hits on this thread so what possible reason could there be for dishonesty?

Anyway, we have vastly different views on a "decent deal". This game will be $30 in less than a month, so no, this isn't a very good deal.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he just didn't click all the way through to discover there was a shipping charge? Yes, he should have included that in the OP but calling it dishonest is quite a stretch.

Yeah, it might not be a deal to you since you don't mind waiting a couple months to play a game. For those that like to play new, anticipated games ASAP, this is about as good as it gets so close to release on consoles at least.

[quote name='dino88']Why do you say it was panned by most? It has an 85 on Metacritic, which puts it into the top 10 best reviewed games of the year so far.[/QUOTE]

He probably only looked at IGN which gave it a 75. There are about 3k comments complaining about the review there. Evidently the woman they had review it is a Nintendo fangirl. Her profile on the site mentioned that she was born with the power of the triforce or some shit like that. The review itself is actually factually wrong several places....

[quote name='dino88']SR3 was $39.99 three weeks after release and then $29.99 a week later.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea where the prices dropped like that. Are you referring to black friday deals? I'm actually talking about the MSRP and not some one day sale. When the MSRP drops to 40 (when did that happen again?) we'll see Saints Row 3 for $20 on sale. Now THAT'S a deal and that's also what I believe the guy I quoted meant....

[quote name='Blaster man']I have no idea where the prices dropped like that. Are you referring to black friday deals? I'm actually talking about the MSRP and not some one day sale. When the MSRP drops to 40 (when did that happen again?) we'll see Saints Row 3 for $20 on sale. Now THAT'S a deal and that's also what I believe the guy I quoted meant....[/QUOTE]

It was on sale from $29.99-34.99 at Best Buy and Amazon within 3-6 weeks after release. There was no need to wait nearly a year for a MSRP drop to get a great deal. It was there from the start.

[quote name='dino88']It was on sale from $29.99-34.99 at Best Buy and Amazon within 3-6 weeks after release. There was no need to wait nearly a year for a MSRP drop to get a great deal. It was there from the start.[/QUOTE]

I feel like you ignored the intent of the question. WHEN was it on sale? Was that black friday? Stop giving me general timeframes and please just tell me WHEN exactly.

[quote name='Blaster man']I feel like you ignored the intent of the question. WHEN was it on sale? Was that black friday? Stop giving me general timeframes and please just tell me WHEN exactly.[/QUOTE]

No, it wasn't Black Friday. I thought by telling you 3 weeks would be enough. You can search for the exact dates, just as I did earlier. I'm really not worried about you believing me or not.

[quote name='Blaster man']I feel like you ignored the intent of the question. WHEN was it on sale? Was that black friday? Stop giving me general timeframes and please just tell me WHEN exactly.[/QUOTE]

i believe it was somewhere around late june to early july, when the first bb 100% trade in promotion started, because i bought it on the first day it went on sale, because i just got some credit from trading in games from the promotion. it was a weekly sale, from their weekly ad and amazon pricematched a day or two after. i doubt darksiders 2 will do that well anyways, but i could be wrong.

[quote name='dino88']No, it wasn't Black Friday. I thought by telling you 3 weeks would be enough. You can search for the exact dates, just as I did earlier. I'm really not worried about you believing me or not.[/QUOTE]

I feel like you're being disingenuous with your assertions. You won't give solid dates and tell me to look myself. You know what? I did look and you know what I found? This sale you're talking about, 34.99 was at Best Buy AFTER CHRISTMAS AND IT SOLD OUT FAST AT THAT PRICE! 3-6 weeks from the release of Darksiders 2 isn't the end of December so it's unlikely to see that price a few weeks after release. In order for us to hope for the same price, here's the domino that have to fall into place perfectly:
1. Darksiders 2 has to be released 3-6 weeks before the end of the year.
2. Darksiders 2 has to be popular enough for Best Buy to order shit tons of stock so they'll have to do a fire sale to deplete inventory (remember they had Kirby for $8 around that time too????) after Christmas.
3. You need to buy the game from Best Buy before it sells out which will happen fast if it's as popular as necessary for number 2. to work.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details...8f35ed125a/saints-row-the-third-playstation-3

"same price for xbox 360 too, but it's backordered! this is one of 4 games I want that I did not get for xmas. bummer."

Yes you are right but THIS is why I was asking for the date of when it happened. Mentioning that something happened in 3-6 weeks is really unhelpful as the timing, holiday inventory buildup, etc matter a lot. You can't expect a game from August to be $35 in 3-6 weeks. As I said, Black Friday would be the best time this year to buy it. I don't think the stores will buy enough inventory of it to do a fire sale at the end of the year. This game (as I previously mentioned) is nowhere near as popular as Saint's Row 3.

I can't believe I typed all this out, I would have thought you would have made a caveate about the timeframe unless you're so deadset on "winning" the Internet argument that you can't even admit something like this.

[quote name='YBX87']i believe it was somewhere around late june to early july, when the first bb 100% trade in promotion started, because i bought it on the first day it went on sale, because i just got some credit from trading in games from the promotion. it was a weekly sale, from their weekly ad and amazon pricematched a day or two after. i doubt darksiders 2 will do that well anyways, but i could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I knew there were summer sales and that's what I mentioned with the 8 or 9 month comment. My main point that you quoted was in directly reply to him asserting that there was a sale after 3-6 weeks from the release of the game. As you can see by my reply to him above, I found this deal and provided many points as to why it won't apply to Darksiders 2 despite his comments that it's a 1 to 1 match.

[quote name='Blaster man']I feel like you're being disingenuous with your assertions. You won't give solid dates and tell me to look myself. You know what? I did look and you know what I found? This sale you're talking about, 34.99 was at Best Buy AFTER CHRISTMAS AND IT SOLD OUT FAST AT THAT PRICE! 3-6 weeks from the release of Darksiders 2 isn't the end of December so it's unlikely to see that price a few weeks after release. In order for us to hope for the same price, here's the domino that have to fall into place perfectly:
2. Darksiders 2 has to be popular enough for Best Buy to order shit tons of stock so they'll have to do a fire sale to deplete inventory (remember they had Kirby for $8 around that time too????) after Christmas.
3. You need to buy the game from Best Buy before it sells out which will happen fast if it's as popular as necessary for number 2. to work.

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details...8f35ed125a/saints-row-the-third-playstation-3

"same price for xbox 360 too, but it's backordered! this is one of 4 games I want that I did not get for xmas. bummer."

Yes you are right but THIS is why I was asking for the date of when it happened. Mentioning that something happened in 3-6 weeks is really unhelpful as the timing, holiday inventory buildup, etc matter a lot. You can't expect a game from August to be $35 in 3-6 weeks. As I said, Black Friday would be the best time this year to buy it. I don't think the stores will buy enough inventory of it to do a fire sale at the end of the year. This game (as I previously mentioned) is nowhere near as popular as Saint's Row 3.

I can't believe I typed all this out, I would have thought you would have made a caveate about the timeframe unless you're so deadset on "winning" the Internet argument that you can't even admit something like this.

I knew there were summer sales and that's what I mentioned with the 8 or 9 month comment. My main point that you quoted was in directly reply to him asserting that there was a sale after 3-6 weeks from the release of the game. As you can see by my reply to him above, I found this deal and provided many points as to why it won't apply to Darksiders 2 despite his comments that it's a 1 to 1 match.[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha, I really want to believe this guy is serious.

[quote name='Slowdance']Ahahaha, I really want to believe this guy is serious.[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm serious. The game won't be $35 before Black Friday...

I'm confident this will be under $20 before the end of the year. Either via a sale price, Gamefly sale or Black Friday. It'll probably be $20 well before than. That has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

It's all too common with every game now, big or small, new IP or old, large marketed release or not. Max Payne 3 is $30 on Best Buy right now and this isn't the first time BB has had it on sale. Nearly every big release hits $30 at some retailer during a sale within its first few months.

Will MSRP drop? No. Will it be on sale? Yes. I don't wait for MSRP drops, I wait for sale drops.

[quote name='Blaster man']I feel like you're being disingenuous with your assertions. You won't give solid dates and tell me to look myself. You know what? I did look and you know what I found? This sale you're talking about, 34.99 was at Best Buy AFTER CHRISTMAS AND IT SOLD OUT FAST AT THAT PRICE! 3-6 weeks from the release of Darksiders 2 isn't the end of December so it's unlikely to see that price a few weeks after release. In order for us to hope for the same price, here's the domino that have to fall into place perfectly:

I knew there were summer sales and that's what I mentioned with the 8 or 9 month comment. My main point that you quoted was in directly reply to him asserting that there was a sale after 3-6 weeks from the release of the game. As you can see by my reply to him above, I found this deal and provided many points as to why it won't apply to Darksiders 2 despite his comments that it's a 1 to 1 match.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You didn't search very hard. Oh, and I never said anything about Darksiders reaching the same price in the same time frame. I was only commenting on the part of your post I bolded. I thought that would have been clear. Not trying to win any argument, much less have one.

bread's done
Back