Darksiders (360/PS3) $12.99 (+tax?)free ship from Newegg

Screw it. I bit. Even though the demo didn't blow me away, I'm sure it'll be a decent run through.

[quote name='SDC']Screw it. I bit. Even though the demo didn't blow me away, I'm sure it'll be a decent run through.[/QUOTE]

Same... but the demo was alright. It was just a bit too long..... I invested and hour of my life to make it meaningless after a single boss fight :lol:.

[quote name='VaultDweller']tax kills the deal for me :([/QUOTE]

Even at 8% tax that's $14.02. I don't think I've seen it any cheaper than $15 shipped from anywhere.

It's available for both PS3 and 360 used at Blockbuster as part of their Buy 1 Get 1 on games under $14.99 sale that's going on until tomorrow.

[quote name='VaultDweller']tax kills the deal for me :([/QUOTE]

It can't. Anything under $20 new is a savings, and tax isn't $7.

[quote name='Survivalism']It can't. Anything under $20 new is a savings, and tax isn't $7.[/QUOTE]
an extra few sense is to precious to spare on a new game evan though i pay it for everything else [/Sarcasm]

[quote name='donbaloo']Not a tremendous deal, only saving two bucks over Amazons regular price[/QUOTE]
This is CAG! If it was 10 cents cheaper but you had to ski to the Bermuda Triangle to pick up your copy, it's considered a good deal here! :cool:

Great price, but I'm kinda on the fence about it. Anybody know if it is better than Dante's Inferno? I am trying to decide between the two.

I just wanna post this reply to say get this game. It doesnt actually look or seem like a must have game but this game is amazing 14-18 hour story along with zelda type gameplay with great voice acting makes this game one of the best in this console generation. I dont say that often but this game is a must have in my book or atleast a must play!. It starts slow but man its a amazing game. I got this game knowing nothing about it and i couldnt put it down. If you like zelda or legacy of kain soul reaver games this is a must! Super underrated i give this game a 9/10 which is something i never do.

[quote name='Xenokai']I just wanna post this reply to say get this game. It doesnt actually look or seem like a must have game but this game is amazing 14-18 hour story along with zelda type gameplay with great voice acting makes this game one of the best in this console generation. I dont say that often but this game is a must have in my book or atleast a must play!. It starts slow but man its a amazing game. I got this game knowing nothing about it and i couldnt put it down. If you like zelda or legacy of kain soul reaver games this is a must! Super underrated i give this game a 9/10 which is something i never do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with this completely. I loved Dante's Inferno and thought it got a bad rap, but this game is considerably better.

[quote name='Xenokai']I just wanna post this reply to say get this game. It doesnt actually look or seem like a must have game but this game is amazing 14-18 hour story along with zelda type gameplay with great voice acting makes this game one of the best in this console generation. I dont say that often but this game is a must have in my book or atleast a must play!. It starts slow but man its a amazing game. I got this game knowing nothing about it and i couldnt put it down. If you like zelda or legacy of kain soul reaver games this is a must! Super underrated i give this game a 9/10 which is something i never do.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Darksiders was an awesome experience and I paid $20 at Gamestop over the summer. Worth every penny.

[quote name='icp_00_111']Alright guys, you talked me into it :D It does look pretty fun, and I don't think it will get lower than this new and shipped.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. See this game hitting the $10 price point like Bayonetta. ;)

[quote name='icp_00_111']Great price, but I'm kinda on the fence about it. Anybody know if it is better than Dante's Inferno? I am trying to decide between the two.[/QUOTE]

I would say it is. Mark Hamill doing some voice work helps too.

Game was very good. A little bit of a grind for the platinum, but otherwise very enjoyable.

I think it took me 20 hours or so to platinum but I played on the hardest setting and only played through once. Backtracking is a pain in the ass, and the combat isnt all that inspired, but the story, while not the greatest ever, will keep most people interested.

I hated the main character when I first started - he is stoic and all business, but as the game progresses I started to like him a lot more.

The game gets a better as you play so if you're 5 hours in and dont hate it, you will finish it and most likely love it.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a 2010 game that I enjoyed more*. It's certainly the best Zelda I've played in a while.

I'd call it a must-play...certainly at this price!

*Edit to add: Battlefield Bad Company 2 finally came to mind...amazing multiplayer. Also, a few games were better on technical merits (RDR, Galaxy 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KneeKnee']Game was very good. A little bit of a grind for the platinum, but otherwise very enjoyable.

I think it took me 20 hours or so to platinum but I played on the hardest setting and only played through once. Backtracking is a pain in the ass, and the combat isnt all that inspired, but the story, while not the greatest ever, will keep most people interested.

I hated the main character when I first started - he is stoic and all business, but as the game progresses I started to like him a lot more.

The game gets a better as you play so if you're 5 hours in and dont hate it, you will finish it and most likely love it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Playing it on the hardest setting is the best way to play the game IMO. Some bosses take multiple tries to beat, but not in a tedious way, and the platinum is still very much attainable.

Best zelda game in the last year ;).

Easily worth the $15 I paid months ago.

If you even moderately enjoyed any zelda game, buy this... especially at $13.

Wouldn't say it's a great game but not horrible either. Obviously, the concept and design are not original but has a certain charm. Honestly, I stopped playing it for a while because the story just ragged on with no progress until I got back again and after finishing the final dungeon do things get interesting.

For 13~ bucks, it's definitely worth trying it out and in hopes that the sequel turns out better.

Despite some annoyances here and there, this game is fantastic! It is a very solid blend of God of War/Devil May Cry/Zelda elements. There are some bland graphics at times and some bugs are prevalent, but $15 and under for this game is a steal any way you slice it. There is awesome sword/gun-play, a great story with very satisfying action that really draws you in toward the second half. The pacing is just right with some sweet puzzles and plenty of epic moments to enjoy! Seriously, why are people even questioning this? Its a must buy in my book! Cant wait for the sequel!

[quote name='KneeKnee']
[/QUOTE]

I hated War until the reunited trophy part. Then I loved the character.

Nice job Amazon! It's kind of funny, I'm the OP but Ive been waffling on whether to order from new egg in hopes that amazon would match and I could use my prime shipping. Not sure whether it had anything to do with it or not but I did the "notify us of a lower price" thing on amazon last night.

In the meantime Ive been checking all morning for Amazon to match but then remembered over lunch that i had a 10 dollar credit at new egg that they gifted me because of a snafu with one of my orders at Christmas.

So i stopped checking amazon and ended up getting it from new egg for $2.99. Remembering that credit was a happy moment today!

[quote name='miriamleo']NewEgg > Amazon for me because it has no tax (and free ship also).[/QUOTE]
Same. Its no prime shipping but I can deal with that for no tax.

[quote name='miriamleo']NewEgg > Amazon for me because it has no tax (and free ship also).[/QUOTE]

The opposite holds true for me, especially with Student Prime :)

I have used every Amazon service except Amazon Cloud, lol.

Same for me, I love Amazon, but NY residents get screwed with the sales tax :bs:

bread's done
Back