Darksiders - $42.99 @Amazon (360 Version Only)

What makes no sense to me is why they didn't price match Newegg when it was 39.99? Oh well. This is an amazing game in my opinion and I highly recommend it to anyone especially at this price.

15-20 hours of main storyline gameplay plus a ton more hours to unlock everything including the Abyssal Armor and all of the abilities War has.

[quote name='blahtastic']X360 version suffers from screen tearing and a bit of frame-rate issues.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly there's going to be a patch soon, but I haven't heard of when it's going to be released.

I wont pay more than $35 dollars a game nowadays. Only games I'll pay full price for are triple a titles. Heck I'd pay up to $100 for Halo Reach. Even though I really wanna play this, $40 is still to much for me.

Probably not going to get this until I hear that they've patched the screen-tearing and frame rate problems.

Really interested in this, and 42 bucks is tempting. Can someone who actually owns this tell me why people are downing it? Zelda and GoW together seem like a great situation.
"not adding anything new" (as some reviews put it) doesn't tell me much since I'm a firm believer not innovating simply for the sake of innovation. Meaning....if it's not broke, don't fix it you'll only fuck it up.

[quote name='howlinmad']Really interested in this, and 42 bucks is tempting. Can someone who actually owns this tell me why people are downing it? Zelda and GoW together seem like a great situation.
"not adding anything new" (as some reviews put it) doesn't tell me much since I'm a firm believer not innovating simply for the sake of innovation. Meaning....if it's not broke, don't fix it you'll only fuck it up.[/QUOTE]

The people who are bashing it probably didn't bother playing it. And if they did, they probably stopped early on. The beginning is slow and can be frustrating since you only have 1 button to attack with. You eventually get a 2nd weapon and can buy more combos to use. It's a very fun game and worth buying. Especially if you only have a 360 which doesn't get many games like this.

Sadly even without ever playing it I can be almost 99% you are right. If it's not MS2 (which I love), Mass Effect 2, Bioshock2, etc. right now it's crap according to most people.

Thinking I will have to pick this one up! Thanks. :)
Xplay I think gave it 2/5, but since I still haven't forgiven them for giving a 1/5 to Dragon's Lair 3d because it was "hard".... =P (I actually thought it was good)

[quote name='icedrake523']The people who are bashing it probably didn't bother playing it. And if they did, they probably stopped early on. The beginning is slow and can be frustrating since you only have 1 button to attack with. You eventually get a 2nd weapon and can buy more combos to use. It's a very fun game and worth buying. Especially if you only have a 360 which doesn't get many games like this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='howlinmad']
Xplay I think gave it 2/5, but since I still haven't forgiven them for giving a 1/5 to Dragon's Lair 3d because it was "hard".... =P (I actually thought it was good)[/QUOTE]

I thought you were fucking joking or just wrong and I went to look it up. A 2/5? That's freaking ridiculous. I'm all for having different tastes, likes and dislikes. No game is ever going to be a 10/10 or 1/10 for everyone and I'm usually quite open to people having different opinions. But a 40% for darksiders? That is a failing grade, and by quite a bit too. That is a joke score. The game has a 80+ on gamerankings which is what it deserves.

Usually I take XPlay with a huge pile of salt. I watch it for the actual video of gameplay, and rarely take much of what they say as anything but personal opinion.
Actually from watching their video of Darksiders, their comments left me thinking WTF.

[quote name='howlinmad']Sadly even without ever playing it I can be almost 99% you are right. If it's not MS2 (which I love), Mass Effect 2, Bioshock2, etc. right now it's crap according to most people.

Thinking I will have to pick this one up! Thanks. :)
Xplay I think gave it 2/5, but since I still haven't forgiven them for giving a 1/5 to Dragon's Lair 3d because it was "hard".... =P (I actually thought it was good)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most everyone is holding out on these recent releases. A backlog from Black Friday and those triple A titles around the corner makes buying this right now not a priority.

I have no interest in any of those so I didn't mind buying this the week it came out.

I read the comments on the X-Play video. Apparently the person who wrote the review only likes Rock Band/Guitar Hero. So it sounds like they were the wrong person to review this game.

so far amazon and newegg have dropped the 360 version's price, what about the ps3? The graphical difference that much better that they don't lower the price? What's the deal..

Really tempted, but I'm swamped and this can only go down in price over time. I asked people who played it and said it was good, but to rent it. That puts it in the $30 zone

[quote name='SativaSam']What makes no sense to me is why they didn't price match Newegg when it was 39.99? Oh well. This is an amazing game in my opinion and I highly recommend it to anyone especially at this price.

15-20 hours of main storyline gameplay plus a ton more hours to unlock everything including the Abyssal Armor and all of the abilities War has.[/QUOTE]

Or 23 hours for a thorough playthrough. ;D

I'm torn on the game, because although I like the presentation aspects of it, the fact that none of the gameplay mechanics are original does tend to bring it down by the time you get to the end. I mean, they give you a gun just for the sake of having one. It's never practical to use except once (you use it against one enemy type because you have to), but because Dante had one, it's like they feel like they have to give War one as well.

The dungeon design is very good, and I enjoyed most of my time exploring. But there were a few sticking points that put the game strictly in the 6-7 range for me.

They leave it open for a sequel, so I'm sure I'll check it out when it rolls around.

[quote name='howlinmad']Usually I take XPlay with a huge pile of salt. I watch it for the actual video of gameplay, and rarely take much of what they say as anything but personal opinion.
Actually from watching their video of Darksiders, their comments left me thinking WTF.[/QUOTE]

FYI: All reviews are purely personal opinion and nothing more.

I paid $60 and don't regret it. It's a really good game. It's not the next epic, but it's a solidly constructed and very fun romp. Worth $40 without question.

Just beat it two days ago. Thought it was a really good game and I'm stoked for the sequel.

I'm interested in this, but with Mass Effect 2 out tomorrow, and a ton of stuff I still need to play/beat (so close to beating Dragon Age!), I'm just gonna wait on this one.

Who knows, maybe next Thanksgiving it will be $10 :)

The screen tearing and framerate issues aren't all that noticeable. The game is good and I'm actually surprised that with all the time I've played it I'm only about halfway through it. I try to rent a lot of games that are quick play throughs like the newest Army of Two, but I definitely couldnt do that with Darksiders as I hate feeling like I have to rush through a game. If I set aside 2-3 days straight sure, but I have other things to do. I got it and Bayonetta with the $40 GC offer and feel it was money well spent.

bread's done
Back