Darksiders franchise sale on Steam

If we posted a thread for every steam deal we'd have nothing else.
its bad enough when someone posts every deal from the various weekly ads midweek like we are all clueless. while mega threads are annoying and hard to keep up with, for many deals they are absolutely necessary. and steam deals are definitely in that category.

Played the first Darksiders and was not that impressed. The game felt confused as what it wanted to be. Is it an action adventure like God of War? Is it a RPG like Zelda? Is it a rail shooter like Panzer Dragoon? Is it a puzzle game like Portal? It tried to be all of those at once, and therefore was inferior at all of them.

Here is something people may not know about.  If you already own Darksiders II with all it's DLC on Steam, you can get a free copy of the Deathinitive Edtion.  I myself already owned the game with it's DLC which I believe I had purchased through a Humble Bundle many years ago.  I'm assuming others around here did the same.

I found this link in embedded in the first customer review on the Deathinitive Edition's Steam page:

http://ds2dekeyredeem.nordicgames.at/

This worked for me and I'm downloading the game now.

Here is something people may not know about. If you already own Darksiders II with all it's DLC on Steam, you can get a free copy of the Deathinitive Edtion. I myself already owned the game with it's DLC which I believe I had purchased through a Humble Bundle many years ago. I'm assuming others around here did the same.

I found this link in embedded in the first customer review on the Deathinitive Edition's Steam page:

http://ds2dekeyredeem.nordicgames.at/

This worked for me and I'm downloading the game now.
Thanks! Worked for me.

I had been discussing this in another thread. Supposedly, if you already had the original Darksiders 2 in your account by last October, it was automatically updated to allow you to get it for free directly in Steam. Unfortunately, I had purchased codes from Amazon 4 years ago but had never redeemed them. I was still trying to get the Deathinitive for free but had about given up and was just about to purchase with the sale. You saved me $2.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
its bad enough when someone posts every deal from the various weekly ads midweek like we are all clueless. while mega threads are annoying and hard to keep up with, for many deals they are absolutely necessary. and steam deals are definitely in that category.
I figured everyone that uses steam checked the midweek and weekend deals for themselves. They're right on the front page and update at 1pm est. Store and network ads on the other hand we'd have to each look around for the game stuff whenever the site ads it, but steam has it right there with a consistent time.

Also I'm salty that I can't play on PC. I've been assuming the power in my place is crapping up my stuff because all my computers stutter every single frame. Not just my $1000 one I built myself.

Played the first Darksiders and was not that impressed. The game felt confused as what it wanted to be. Is it an action adventure like God of War? Is it a RPG like Zelda? Is it a rail shooter like Panzer Dragoon? Is it a puzzle game like Portal? It tried to be all of those at once, and therefore was inferior at all of them.
Yup, the first one isn't great. The second is pretty good, though.

great ill start working on it!! haha kidding...btw does anyone know if darksiders 1 has controller support - new to pc gaming i know 2 does but does 1?
Welcome to the club!

Steam lists controller support as a feature on the right hand sidebar of the store page for the game. Darksiders is listed as "Partial Controller Support" which is hit or miss... probably miss :)

You can dig into the 'Discussions' section for the game. There is probably more information about controller support there.

great ill start working on it!! haha kidding...btw does anyone know if darksiders 1 has controller support - new to pc gaming i know 2 does but does 1?
Yes, but the UI is super huge and very console-y. Also every time you enter a menu your mouse cursor will show up. And it has no video options other than resolution and vsync. And vsync doesn't work.

I know this because I was just playing it a couple of weeks ago to see if I would like it more now. The answer is no. But Darksiders 2, now that's a game.

It has controller support. I played it on my laptop using a ps3 controller emulating a 360 controller.

bread's done
Back