Darksiders GS pricedrop

[quote name='Magikarp830']The demo didn't really impress me... for a GoW clone, the dungeons are waaaay too big and tedious, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Thats because it isn't a GoW clone at all...

[quote name='JuicemanJM']Thats because it isn't a GoW clone at all...[/QUOTE]

This. If you've actually played enough of Darksiders you'd know that a it's FAR FAR from a GOW clone.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I saw it at blockbuster today for $20[/QUOTE]

I just drove to two stores and they are $44.95 at both Blockbusters...

Is that YMMV or would all Blockbusters that have it in stock sell it at that price? Would love to pick it up for $20.

Edit: Nevermind, bwrobins answered my question. :razz: Shame, would've loved to have gotten it at that price.

Shenanigans! That's insane. I loved this game and will buy it (played it on rental) once I find a suitable price for a re-play.

NICE! With shipping it comes to ~$27 after edge and cag16, VERY tempting...

And yes, the game is more Zelda than God of War, think Zelda mixed with Devil May Cry.

The only dungeon that was relatively long at all was the last (or was it second to last?) where you had to do 3 parts which all had the same puzzle just performed in a different way.

Regardless the game wasn't really that long, I enjoyed it a hella lot too, so definitely give it at least a try.

I hate the God of War series because it is so super linear and you can't change the camera angle. However, I really enjoyed Darksiders because it isn't really like God of War.

Off topic but a version I recently got from Gamestop.com does not have the reflective cover insert. Instead it's a standard cover insert. For the purists and collectors, you may want to get the special cover ones before they run out.

Checked this out from my local library, got kinda bored with it, may purchase it if it hits 20 and try to complete it.

[quote name='Magikarp830']The demo didn't really impress me... for a GoW clone, the dungeons are waaaay too big and tedious, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Man, I hate how Star Wars is a clone of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Seriously, WTF dude?

This game was an extremely pleasant surprise. Indeed, it's more like Zelda, than anything.

[quote name='mitnosi']Checked this out from my local library, got kinda bored with it, may purchase it if it hits 20 and try to complete it.[/QUOTE]

Your library carries video games? Must be nice.

[quote name='Wooten']Your library carries video games? Must be nice.[/QUOTE]
Hell yes it is. I like that they carry new releases and you can check them out for 7 days for free. Also can put in a reserve for them when they come avaliable. But I've not been down there in a while because I have a lot of stuff to play right now.

[quote name='Dissolve']I'd been giving consideration to buying Darksiders, right up until I played the terrible demo.[/QUOTE]

I never saw the demo, so I can't give you an idea of how it differs from the game, but I ask that you give it a rent and play a couple dungeons and see if you feel the same way. It's a unique beast.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I never saw the demo, so I can't give you an idea of how it differs from the game, but I ask that you give it a rent and play a couple dungeons and see if you feel the same way. It's a unique beast.[/QUOTE]
The demo was of the entire first dungeon.

It's more like Legend of Zelda lolz

Wow, people are REALLY harsh on this game. I picked it up and LOVED every minute! Yes, it's ALOT like ZELDA, like thats a BAD thing? 3d Dot Heroes is the same thing and I still can't wait to play that as well. Darksiders ended up being one of my serious faves, played it to Platinum and I got it the same Day as Bayonetta, which I've yet to finish = (

I grabbed a used copy for 22 bucks at a closing game crazy store. Definitely entertaining... and the thing looks very nice, IMO

I played the demo for 15 minutes and I wasn't impressed at all. For a GTA clone it sure was constricting.

Picked it up when GS had it on sale several weeks back for $36.

I thought this was a good game...never a dull moment.

[quote name='Distrato']I played the demo for 15 minutes and I wasn't impressed at all. For a GTA clone it sure was constricting.[/QUOTE]
A GTA clone?!?! WTF?:???:

[quote name='Brother Daz']A GTA clone?!?! WTF?:???:[/QUOTE]

+1 to your response. True, Darksiders had a cover mechanic, and drivable cars, cell phone missions etc, but to call it a CLONE is just silly.

[quote name='lucid734']Wow, people are REALLY harsh on this game. I picked it up and LOVED every minute! Yes, it's ALOT like ZELDA, like thats a BAD thing? 3d Dot Heroes is the same thing and I still can't wait to play that as well. Darksiders ended up being one of my serious faves, played it to Platinum and I got it the same Day as Bayonetta, which I've yet to finish = ([/QUOTE]

Yup, it is a bit like Zelda (mild puzzles, and hell, you can even throw bombs), but God of War moreso. Seriously, the way War screams it's almost as if I'm watching a fat version of Kratos walk around wearing a hood. That and the climbing, flying mount scene, quick-events, treasure chests, etc... it all kind of makes me just want to play God of War 3 instead. But that aside, it's hard to complain when the game does so much right. Sure, breaking cars like some sort of spaced-out zombie just so you can get a few orbs (or whatever) gets old after awhile, but the game is a lot more fun than people insist (the first level makes the game seem like some sort of cheap Prototype rip-off; that's why I didn't picked it up until the price-drop). It's a really solid, visceral action game. Maybe not "franchise-worthy," but certainly worth the current price. Ya feels me?

Just received my copy from when the price drop first happened last week. For some reason the cover isn't shiny like the rest of the copies I've seen around.

Looks like it's back up to 59.99... I had it in my cart, waiting for a GS gift card to come in the mail :(

Used is still 32.99, tho.

[quote name='Belgand']Eh, I played the demo and it's just a not so good knock-off of Meteos without any of the charm.[/QUOTE]

Knock off of Meteos?

I bought used for 34.99 yesterday, ossum game. I didnt care for the game at all till i played the demo. Any Zelda fan (like me) will love it :)

[quote name='Starfox64']I bought used for 34.99 yesterday, ossum game. I didnt care for the game at all till i played the demo. Any Zelda fan (like me) will love it :)[/QUOTE]

The Zelda fan in me is more looking forward to 3D Dot Heroes ;)

Seriously played the demo...

Thought it was ok for a Metroid clone...i mean the least they could have done is change the plot not just the names.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Yup, it is a bit like Zelda (mild puzzles, and hell, you can even throw bombs), but God of War moreso. Seriously, the way War screams it's almost as if I'm watching a fat version of Kratos walk around wearing a hood. That and the climbing, flying mount scene, quick-events, treasure chests, etc... it all kind of makes me just want to play God of War 3 instead.[/QUOTE]

Why, yes, God of War invented aggressive shouty badass antiheroes, climbing, quick-time events, and treasure chests.

bread's done
Back