Darksiders II CE $99

icedrake523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
423134_10150697307240tok5g.jpg

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138695/28968699/Darksiders_II_Collectors_Edition

The Darksiders II Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order on console in the US and Canada from Gamestop, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Walmart.com, EB Games, the THQ.com store and other select retailers. The PC version of the Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively from the THQ.com store. European release and THQ.com store details to follow.

The Collector's Edition will be $99.

When you preorder the standard edition, you will receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition, which includes a code for the Argul's Tomb DLC to redeem when it's released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, is it going to be a wide release or only a few retailers? If wide release, then yes I expect this to be 40-60 in a couple of months down the line. Otherwise probably not. Currently finally playing darksiders and enjoying it so far, so will def pick this up for a decent price when it comes out.

I think I liked the free upgrade instead lol. I like the mask, but I'll wait for it to drop in price as well.

Be sure to put that mask next to your Skyrim dragon statue and make sure that you never have to deal with those pesky girls ever again.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']If you keep reading the thread, it is not a free upgrade its going to be $99.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. It's the Limited Edition that's the free upgrade which just includes some extra DLC code.

[quote name='ZForce915']Be sure to put that mask next to your Skyrim dragon statue and make sure that you never have to deal with those pesky girls ever again.[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of all these chicks that add you to their buddy list and later you find out they're only using you to get their multiplayer achievements. Thanks to this set I'll never have to wonder if a girl is really interested in me or more interested in my gamerscore.

[quote name='DaShaka']$40 for a mask and mini art book? I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. DLC is overpriced and the digital soundtrack is a joke. This should be a $80 set max...

But not like it really matters. I'll wait for this to hit the bargain bins.

CE's that cost 100 now are just dumb. i seriously cant help but be perplexed with anyone who picks them up. my favorite was the skyrim one for 150. and now i went into my local gstop and saw it for less than 100$.

i mean, really, were people masturbating to the Dragon figurine included? i dont get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sandrock7383']CE's that cost 100 now are just dumb. i seriously cant help but laugh at anyone who picks them up. my favorite was the skyrim one for 150. and now i went into my local gstop and saw it for less than 100$.

i mean, really, were people masturbating to the Dragon figurine included? i dont get it.[/QUOTE]

Some are legitimately rare though. Not many, but some...

I'm not getting one.

[quote name='ZForce915']Be sure to put that mask next to your Skyrim dragon statue and make sure that you never have to deal with those pesky girls ever again.[/QUOTE]

On display? Nah, I'm wearing this bad boy!

[quote name='secretvampire']IMHO, looks like another of those CEs that will be down to $30-40 within 6 months. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't see too many nerds shelling out $100 for this one. :lol:

Is there a problem with the CE thread that this couldn't be added to that? It's not even available for preorder anywhere yet so it shouldn't have its own thread.

What's up with all these CE's that have masks and statues and shit? Bunch of clutter.

[quote name='Thrinn']I'm tired of all these chicks that add you to their buddy list and later you find out they're only using you to get their multiplayer achievements. Thanks to this set I'll never have to wonder if a girl is really interested in me or more interested in my gamerscore.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I liked this comment though, assuming Thrinn is making a joke.

Is it worth it? Probably not. But I never buy CEs and I badly want this series to succeed, and I loved the first game, so I'll get it. The mask can go next to my AC:B Jack in the Box. I have no intention of waiting to get the game anyway, so waiting for a cheaper price on this wouldn't make much sense for me.

[quote name='plus1zero']Some are legitimately rare though. Not many, but some...

I'm not getting one.[/QUOTE]

Very very few though.

Bioshock 1
Dead Space Ultra Limited
Demons Souls
Mass Effect 1
Tales of Vesperia

Those are the only few that come to mind off the top of my head.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Very very few though.

Bioshock 1
Dead Space Ultra Limited
Demons Souls
Mass Effect 1
Tales of Vesperia

Those are the only few that come to mind off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

I'm fortunate enough to own 4 of those 5 in factory sealed condition :D :p, but I'm sucker for CE's whether it's rare or not.

Ridiculous putting DLC in a collectors edition and upping the price for it. If it was $79.99 I might have been interested, but $99 is overkill.

Either way I'll wait 'till the CE hits $40 or so then pick it up. If it doesn't go there then I'll wait for the regular edition to hit $20.

Damn it! I want this game day 1 as I loved the first game and this one is supposed to improve on that one in every way. But I was hoping that the CE was better than this. I would rather they included a statue of Death than that mask. Looks like I will be getting the regular version instead, saved $40 at least.

I had hoped that the CE for the sequel would have another figure like some places got for the first game

51Hsq15pOQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Goddamnit I'm such a whore for CE/SE/LE/Whatever the fuck E's of games I'll purchase. Day one for me for sure.

[quote name='barrit']On display? Nah, I'm wearing this bad boy![/QUOTE]

In that case, those pesky girls will know what to refer to your face as a "Rape mask" LuLz. Cool shit!

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Has there been any indication of how limited this will be?[/QUOTE]

Limited...to the number they can sell. ;)

Seriously, I thought THQ was in serious financial trouble? So why would they put out a very overpriced CE that's almost guaranteed not to sell? Makes no sense.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']i mean, really, were people masturbating to the Dragon figurine included? i dont get it.[/QUOTE]

I think you have the wrong of idea of what statues are for.

[quote name='Slixshot']I tweeted asking how limited we were talking and I actually got a response:

"@NickRBoccuzzi They are pre-order only, so no extra's after launch"[/QUOTE]

Much like the Catherine CE's were pre-order only (I know different company but still...) you'll probably be able to find them for $20 cheaper after launch at some point.

[quote name='NeverGrewUp']I think you have the wrong of idea of what statues are for.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Yes, he certainly does have the wrong idea. :)

Want the mask, but dont want to pay $100...

But... If I'm getting the game for $60, its only a $40 difference, and it'll probably cost close to that on ebay (after shipping)...

Hmmm......

[quote name='argyle']Limited...to the number they can sell. ;)

Seriously, I thought THQ was in serious financial trouble? So why would they put out a very overpriced CE that's almost guaranteed not to sell? Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

It's also important to note that both Saints Row 3 and Warhammer: Space Marines CEs are still in stock at THQ. Hoping for this to go down in price.

Edit: Never mind, I just re-read. It's the limited edition which is apparently not the same as the collector's edition. I'm not really sure what is all in the LE exactly, but it doesn't look like they are giving you the whole kit and kaboodle like the CE. False Alarm. Sorry. :whistle2:(

Edit2: Sounds like the LE is just a free day one DLC. Sounds like something EA would do.

So I just got an email fron THQ that says all pre-orders of Darksiders II will be upgraded to the CE: LE.

http://mailer.thq.com/hostedemail/e...90d2c8f9f788e71ffdc256a2ac347c1a&ei=JSbRPnQhN

[quote name='HakaHina']It's also important to note that both Saints Row 3 and Warhammer: Space Marines CEs are still in stock at THQ. Hoping for this to go down in price.[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm hoping for. Around Black Friday the Space marines CE was going for $49.99. Damn nice CE too I must say.

I don't visit the THQ site at all, but does anyone know if these guys have sales often or price drop before any said "holidays"?

I'd pick up the PC LE, but definitely not at $99 and whatever other fees they'll surely tack on. That's a bummer...

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']I don't visit the THQ site at all, but does anyone know if these guys have sales often or price drop before any said "holidays"?

I'd pick up the PC LE, but definitely not at $99 and whatever other fees they'll surely tack on. That's a bummer...[/QUOTE]
The THQ site is run by Digital River - they have the absolute worst customer service.

Back in November, I order the Space Marine CE and it arrived damaged. So I contacted THQ customer service. After a month of exchanging email and them telling me that my issue was high priority and it would be handled in the next three days, I finally had to resort to disputing the charge on my credit card. It was just last week that the charge was reversed - took over three months to get the issue resolved.

I will never order from a Digital River run site again.

[quote name='jr8rulz']I had hoped that the CE for the sequel would have another figure like some places got for the first game

51Hsq15pOQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have one of these. I had sold the only sealed one I had, but I still have a loose one.

[quote name='no_exit']The THQ site is run by Digital River - they have the absolute worst customer service.

Back in November, I order the Space Marine CE and it arrived damaged. So I contacted THQ customer service. After a month of exchanging email and them telling me that my issue was high priority and it would be handled in the next three days, I finally had to resort to disputing the charge on my credit card. It was just last week that the charge was reversed - took over three months to get the issue resolved.

I will never order from a Digital River run site again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on your experience. I guess I'll decide if I go console or not when release date approaches.

Wishful thinking, but hopefully they decide on making the PC LE available on Amazon.

bread's done
Back