Darksiders II Limited Edition $24.99--Best Buy--YMMV

Quintessence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I was at one of my local Best Buys today and saw a lot of Darksiders II Limited editions with big yellow 50% off stickers on them. The price on the display still says $49.99, but an override is done at the register. As with odd sale items, your mileage may vary.

I was only looking in the Xbox 360 section, so I am unsure if there are PS3 versions available at that price or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karmicplayground']Nope it's with the xbox games all the way int he back of the store. I'd call to see if they have it as I grabbed the 2nd to last copy at noon yesterday. Yeah wasn't sure if it was streamwood or schaumburg there.[/QUOTE]

Gave them a call, he priced checked on the phone for $49.99. Was there a sticker on it or a manual price adjust or something? I've got it on hold there right now.

My local Target has this for $9.99 but its the pc version only. I don't think I have ever seen any ps3 games go on sale at it =(

My PC can run this just fine but I kind of wanted it for console( as strange as that sounds), think I'll pass in hopes for ps3 version going on sale somewhere.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Gave them a call, he priced checked on the phone for $49.99. Was there a sticker on it or a manual price adjust or something? I've got it on hold there right now.[/QUOTE]
There was a printed sign under the game. It did ring up $49.99 but they adjusted it. I'm wondering if they caught on it was wrong (some people states it was for the pc)

Sounds like the Target deal was a lucky fluke, but if your interested BBuy has the Pre-Owned PS3 version for 24.99, and 10% less if you are a RewardZone Unlocked. I went this route.

Just went to my target since I had to pick up a couple other things but it was still $49.99 there. Oh well, maybe this way be a $10 game soon with one of best buys blowout sales.

[quote name='IanKazimer']You're right, it would seem I got my wires crossed on those stories. Still a shit situation, either way. Hopefully the franchise isn't lost forever. Be curious to see if Platinum goes through with trying to grab the franchise.

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.[/QUOTE]

i seen a beat up 360 version in west covina about a week or so ago. i forget the price but i want to say 80ish

knew I should have stopped at target on the way home!

so the BB price online doesn't reflect the store clearance I assume?

Since there is some confusion, the $10 Darksiders II Limited Edition price tag posted here is intended for the pc version only at Target. As was stated, the dpci number is for the pc version (matches the one I bought today). Target employees may be hanging the price tag in the wrong place, and people are getting the console versions for $10 as well or going to Best Buy to try to get a price match with the picture (obviously all ymmv). Or there may be some store specific manager special.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back