Darksiders price drop - Gamestop $39.99 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked this up on Gamestop's "trade 1 game on this list get a game on the list for $19.99" promo that was running awhile ago.

Thinking of buying it for $40, and returning it on my old receipt before the 30 days runs out, but not sure if the promo will affect it (in theory, I should get the full $59.99 back from my old receipt?)

I picked up the 360 version of this for $39.99 at newegg almost a month ago. Great game; I recommend it highly.

Mass Effect 2 distracted me when it came out, but as soon as I finish the last three achievements off there, I am heading back to Darksiders.

It is not perfect, and can drag a bit at parts. But the combat is challenging enough (playing on hardest difficulty) , and the world/graphics/story are well done.

[quote name='myl0r']yes, he knows. but he was asking if anyone knew which one it was(temp or permanent). all you did to answer him was quote the website, which he could see. problem is, even when something goes on temporary sale on gamestop.com, it still lists it as a "Price Drop", so it really didn't answer anything
I believe that is what Wario64 is saying[/QUOTE]

Oh got it.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Is there a chance I can get this game as a factory sealed in Gamestop?[/QUOTE]
Order online and it will be factory sealed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Totally worth full price. If you love the N64 Zelda games, you'll love Darksiders.[/QUOTE]

Caved in and bought one. I saw videos and reviews of this game and heard about the Zelda elements. I really hope this is true and it really is similar, and not just the climbing parts that I've seen. Always been on the fence on this game due to my dislike for games like NG, GoW, DMC, Dante's Inferno, etc. The $38.00 selling point will set my mind at ease if it truly is just another DMC clone. Thanks OP.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Someone should update the OP to reflect the 10% coupon ($36.99) and the $10 future credit GC along with the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

10% off is $35.99 chief.

I think I remember hearing some talk of this game having significant screen tearing issues on one of the systems (I have both ps3 and 360). Anyone have any experience with which version assuming I don't really care about trophies vs achievements?

[quote name='Calculoso']I think I remember hearing some talk of this game having significant screen tearing issues on one of the systems (I have both ps3 and 360). Anyone have any experience with which version assuming I don't really care about trophies vs achievements?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version had the screen tearing, but a patch came out almost two weeks ago that eliminated that. So, both versions should be good to go as long as you are able to download the patch.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Just ordered a PS3 copy. Does anyone know how the $10 credit works? Does it just stay in our account?[/QUOTE]

Just ordered mine as well for $38 and some change. Then found a $25 gift card laying around lol!

Anyways, I'd like to know how the $10 credit works as well. Also, can you apply this code towards games that you pre-order at Gamestop.com but choose to pick-up in the store?

Went ahead and ordered...how long does it take gamestop.com to send you an order confirmation email? Haven't received anything yet.

[quote name='lawdood']Went ahead and ordered...how long does it take gamestop.com to send you an order confirmation email? Haven't received anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I got the email immediately.

[quote name='lawdood']Went ahead and ordered...how long does it take gamestop.com to send you an order confirmation email? Haven't received anything yet.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing something on the confirmation page about it taking up to an hour to receive an email. It's almost been 45 minutes for me and I still haven't received any confirmation email or the code/confirmation for the $10 credit.

Regarding $10 credit..

They send you and email with a code to use on a future order. Unfortunately, said code cannot be stacked with CAG16, etc., but stacks with edge (at least that is how my last one worked)

[quote name='IronSerif']I remember seeing something on the confirmation page about it taking up to an hour to receive an email. It's almost been 45 minutes for me and I still haven't received any confirmation email or the code/confirmation for the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I don't even see the order showing up on the 'my orders' page. :whistle2:?

[quote name='lawdood']I don't even see the order showing up on the 'my orders' page. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Same here man, I wouldn't worry about it though. A minute after my previous post I received my email order confirmation. So it took right around 45 minutes after placing the order. Just waiting on info on the $10 credit now.

hmm, I got my order confirmation email immediately after I ordered and it also shows up in my GS order history. I don't expect the $10 credit email until after the game ships.

[quote name='jazzman']Seems like a good price with discounts and future credit, but now which version to get?[/QUOTE]

both should be nearly identical. the 360 had some screen tearing which was fixed with a patch apparently. Lensoftruth.com also mentions some framerate drops on the 360 version, not sure if the patch fixed that too.

[quote name='o2012o']Wow. Just bought this two days ago from GS for 59.99. There is nothing to be done about this, right?[/QUOTE]

buy it at this price and return the sealed one?

[quote name='o2012o']Wow. Just bought this two days ago from GS for 59.99. There is nothing to be done about this, right?[/QUOTE]

Buy one for $39.99 and return it with your $59.99 receipt.

EDIT: great minds think alike.

[quote name='IronSerif']Same here man, I wouldn't worry about it though. A minute after my previous post I received my email order confirmation. So it took right around 45 minutes after placing the order. Just waiting on info on the $10 credit now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, finally got my order confirmation, now to just receive the info on when and how to apply the $10 credit.

Oh sooo tempting...

If I don't play it for 2 months, is it worth it? Will I be able to get it for around $40 then?

Edit: I will buy it before they run out, and maybe return if it I feel like I won't play it before the value goes down. I love Zelda and GoW though.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']buy it at this price and return the sealed one?[/QUOTE]

That would be good, but I bought it with a giftcard =/

[quote name='o2012o']That would be good, but I bought it with a giftcard =/[/QUOTE]

So are you saying you have no money to buy it at this price without the giftcard?

If you return it you would get your credit back on your GC.

[quote name='regis100']Buy one for $39.99 and return it with your $59.99 receipt.

EDIT: great minds think alike.[/QUOTE]
I don't think u need to buy another one, just go back there with your receipt then they should be able to give u the difference. Did it with God of War Col. when the price dropped.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So are you saying you have no money to buy it at this price without the giftcard?

If you return it you would get your credit back on your GC.[/QUOTE]

But I'm still out 40 bucks in cash.

[quote name='jr1016']I don't think u need to buy another one, just go back there with your receipt then they should be able to give u the difference. Did it with God of War Col. when the price dropped.[/QUOTE]

Ooh! That might be a good option. Odd thing, though. Just called my GS, and they said it was 59.99. I'm in Southern California.

I bought this game at TRU with Bayonetta and got the $60/g.c. Would I be able to exchange an unopened darksiders for a 59.99 game at tru if i still have my receipt? It shows 59.99-30= 30 and 59.99-30= 30 and $60 gift card. I dont have a gift receipt so will they just give me $30/credit instead and not allow an exchange? I could save 20 by exchanging it and getting it at gamestop, but I think the gift card breaks it for me.

Sonofabitch. I wonder if my GS around here would give me the price difference or if I'd have to buy a copy and then immediately return it using my $59.99 receipt to get the $20 back.

What really sucks is I finally have someone(2 people actually) willing to give me $160 cash for my $225 in GS credit and knowing my local GS stores they'd tell me they HAVE to put the $60+ back on my EDGE(which is what I'm selling).

fuck.

Then again, I wonder if this is one of their usual 'online only' prices and it'd still be $60 in store. I guess I'll give them a call in a bit.

EDIT: I was told 'it should still be $59.99' and 'it's probably an online only price.:roll: Lovely.

Oh well. I'm enjoying the game anyway, so it was worth full MSRP for me. A rarity for once for me.

I just bought a new one in store at $39.99 drove to the next one and returned it with my old receipt to get my $59.99 back. (or you know $20 difference)

ok, so after some debate i bit on the deal... then came here and decided to read the thread to see how they dealt with the $10 off before just asking it... and found out about the 10% off coupon.

soooo... i placed ANOTHER order, with the coupon and canceled the first order.

thank you cags.

any difference in PS3 and 360 versions?

hmmm... looks like PS3 is the version to get for now. http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1058958p1.html I want this game so bad, but I have so many damn games to play in my pile of shame. This game is probably only going to get cheaper huh? Pretty lackluster sales. But I fear it'll get a cult following that will keep the prices hovering around $40 for a while.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']any difference in PS3 and 360 versions?

hmmm... looks like PS3 is the version to get for now. http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1058958p1.html I want this game so bad, but I have so many damn games to play in my pile of shame. This game is probably only going to get cheaper huh? Pretty lackluster sales. But I fear it'll get a cult following that will keep the prices hovering around $40 for a while.[/QUOTE]

Lackluster sales? It did well enough for a sequel to be announced within a month.

There was a noticeable difference between the two versions at launch due to the horrid screen tearing on the X360 version. Luckily that issue has been fixed via a patch, so... :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back