Darksiders price drop - Gamestop $39.99 (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Hostile']Lackluster sales? It did well enough for a sequel to be announced within a month.[/QUOTE]

I think a sequel was planned regardless of how well the first sold. I'm not sure if there is any accurate data but vgchartz has it at around 900K sold which I'd say is quite good for a new IP

[quote name='Hostile']Lackluster sales? It did well enough for a sequel to be announced within a month.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't use the term sequel as I would quick cash-in. $10 says same game engine, same game mechanics that sold this one, no new innovations..you know, basically like an EA sequel..

[quote name='token2k6']i wouldn't use the term sequel as I would quick cash-in. $10 says same game engine, same game mechanics that sold this one, no new innovations..you know, basically like an EA sequel..[/QUOTE]

Um. Most games with sequels use the same game engine.

In fact. Almost none of your post makes sense or can even be substantiated.

[quote name='o2012o']Um. Most games with sequels use the same game engine.

In fact. Almost none of your post makes sense or can even be substantiated.[/QUOTE]

oh right i forgot. I'm glad GTA4 still looked like GTA3, what a blast that was! substantiate that..what?

I was just kidding man. Not all game sequels use the same engine, especially when they get pushed to other developers and what not.

[quote name='schopaia']Do you think BestBuy will price match it if I bring in the online ad? (got a gift card there)[/QUOTE]

Can confirm that BB will PM this price with a printout....got to use a $20 reward certificate that was expiring...so I'm a happy camper

Thanks OP

Just ordered it.

I've been waiting for a good deal on the ps3 version, so this was perfect. %10 off and a $10 coupon on a future order was too good to pass up.

Just so that folks know, the screen tearing issues on the Xbox version was already patched and runs great! Keep this in mind if you are basing your purchase on reviews.

[quote name='token2k6']oh right i forgot. I'm glad GTA4 still looked like GTA3, what a blast that was! substantiate that..what?

I was just kidding man. Not all game sequels use the same engine, especially when they get pushed to other developers and what not.[/QUOTE]

You cite a sequel that was a console generation leap ahead? :roll:

How different was GTA3 to Vice City to San Andreas? That would be a more apt comparison.

On topic: I'm really debating this. I have a ton of games lying around, but this, I think, would leapfrog the pile. Plus I already have a $10 gamestop.com credit in addition to vast GS/EDGE credits. Will sleep on it a night.

Awesome. Just got back from TRU and they let me exchange my darksiders I bought with $60 giftcard for a seperate $60 game. awesome. I just chatted up the customer service girl and she could care less about the gift card issue and just told me to go pick out whatever game I wanted to exchange it for and then we laughed when she asked my birthday to see if I was old enough to purchase it. lol. Winwin. So I exchanged 60darksiders for a $36darksiders w 10 off a future purchase. yay! I'm glad I didn't open it yet. Thanx CAG~

Temporary ~ Game Crazy is also running a sale on it, but it'll be $44.99 new and $39.99 used. I think they are running that sale through this weekend. The difference here is that used copies with MVP will be $35, but used copies at GS are still $49.99.

[quote name='[email protected]']Wow, plus "Bonus - Purchase this game and receive a code good for $10 off your next online purchase. Limited time offer. Only available online at GameStop.com"

I think I'm gonna bite...

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

ditto, nice find OP

[quote name='SativaSam']Game is so amazing. The best thing about this game is it's not a shooter and not a sequel. Jesus I'm getting sick of those.[/QUOTE]

Technically, later on you CAN use a gun in it quite extensively, but only if you really CHOOSE to.

That's why I like this game too. I'm so sick of sequels(yet I'm getting the GTA Episodes for PS3:roll:)and I couldn't stand most conventional shooters(save for GTA and clones of it).

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']IGN gave this game only a 7.8 though. Maybe they screwed up or something?[/QUOTE]

they've been widely criticized for it. they didn't like that it was derivative of God of War and Zelda. According to the IGN criticizers, what they forgot to mention is that it's a GREAT derivative game. Not to mention, all games are derivative. I'm giving it a shot at this price.

Has anyone that used the FEB10OFF coupon gotten the $10 credit yet? I'm a little bit nervous about using the coupon, since it says it "cannot be combined with other offers". I'd hate to take 10% off and end up giving up the $10 credit.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']IGN gave this game only a 7.8 though. Maybe they screwed up or something?[/QUOTE]
No, that score is about right. Maybe a few tenths of a point too high actually.

Got this at release and finished one play through. The game is really fun. You can't go wrong at this price.

[quote name='arcane93']Has anyone that used the FEB10OFF coupon gotten the $10 credit yet? I'm a little bit nervous about using the coupon, since it says it "cannot be combined with other offers". I'd hate to take 10% off and end up giving up the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am wondering too...if using the 10% off coupon negates the $10 bonus, I'll be passing for now. Which would be a shame, because this is my chance to buy this game new, and I'd like to support the dev on this one, make sure we get a sequel or another great new IP from them

[quote name='playing mantis']This is what I am wondering too...if using the 10% off coupon negates the $10 bonus, I'll be passing for now. Which would be a shame, because this is my chance to buy this game new, and I'd like to support the dev on this one, make sure we get a sequel or another great new IP from them[/QUOTE]

Yeah can anyone confirm that they got the $10 gaming credit when they used the FEB10off promo. I'd really like to get this game and with both of these things makes it almost too hard to pass up.

During the holiday season, Gamestop had a similar deal with Left 4 Dead 2. I remember using a 10% coupon with free ground shipping. I ended up receiving the $10 coupon as well. I would imagine they'll honor the deal.

Well, I went ahead a bought a copy for the PS3 using the SAVER and FEB10OFF codes. Let's see if I get that $10 off coupon in the mail in the next day or so. If not, I'll shoot them an e-mail inquiring about it.

Glad I waited and can't wait to play this!

can anyone tell me why i get this error when using the free shipping coupon?
The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping

For some reason it still deducts the shipping in the end thou??

[quote name='riddler']can anyone tell me why i get this error when using the free shipping coupon?
The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:SAVER - Free Value Shipping

For some reason it still deducts the shipping in the end thou??[/QUOTE]

Saver isn't needed anymore. They offer free value shipping on all purchases over $25. They probably won't remove the coding for Saver to be recognized for a while, even though they've removed it's functionality.
That's my take on it at least.

[quote name='ninjabenja']Saver isn't needed anymore. They offer free value shipping on all purchases over $25. They probably won't remove the coding for Saver to be recognized for a while, even though they've removed it's functionality.
That's my take on it at least.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks OP ordered the
iconps3.gif
version

Does anyone know if there is a limitation to the number of $10 coupons you can get if you buy multiple copies? If there is no limitation can multiple $10 coupons be applied to a single order? What is the expiration date on such coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been hearing that overall, even if not original this is a pretty darn good game. Post apocalyptic grimdark legend of Zelda seems right up my alley, so $36 seemed a great price. :D (On that note, the FEB10OFF coupon code worked fine for me)

Thanks OP, ordered the PS3 version. I've had this game out on a rental for a while and it's completely worth it. The only thing I don't dig about the game is the seals where you have certain objectives (like killing enemies in a certain style). If they cut out the repetitive cut scenes, it would feel a lot smoother. Otherwise, it's awesome, and replay value seems pretty solid.

[quote name='bwrobins']Does anyone know if there is a limitation to the number of $10 coupons you can get if you buy multiple copies? If there is no limitation can multiple $10 coupons be applied to a single order? What is the expiration date on such coupons?[/QUOTE]

Bump for this question

used price is updated on gamestop.com
$32.99(most likely $34.99 instore)
$24.94 before shipping

now the question....do I return Bioshock 2 that I havn't opened yet and wait for Goozex?

So is this a bad game or something? I have not seen bad reviews for it but everyone seemed to want to get rid of it quickly and the price is dropping very fast.

[quote name='Alex2290']So is this a bad game or something? I have not seen bad reviews for it but everyone seemed to want to get rid of it quickly and the price is dropping very fast.[/QUOTE]

supposed to be great, actually.

[quote name='Alex2290']So is this a bad game or something? I have not seen bad reviews for it but everyone seemed to want to get rid of it quickly and the price is dropping very fast.[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad game at all. Think God Of War with some RPG elements tossed in there.

When I've been playing it, I find myself just kind of losing track of time and playing for hours upon hours. Just one more battle, just one more boss.

It's been a long time since I've done that in ANY game.

I hate that the online prices differ from in-store..give it to me at the 'advertised' price of $32.99 and I'd bite..for some reason, the in-store extra $2 gets under my skin..like the nerve of those people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back