Darksiders Ps3\360 USED $17.99 price-drop at Gamestop

[quote name='droider']Quite high price for an used game IMO[/QUOTE]

Terrible grammar in my opinion.

Aside from that, $18 for a used copy of a game that came out around 6 months ago is not that bad. Hell, if you have an Edge card that brings it down to almost $16. But I'm just going to assume that $15 for a year long magazine subscription, 10% off used games, and 10% extra for your trade-ins is "quite high price" in your opinion.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Terrible grammar in my opinion.

Aside from that, $18 for a used copy of a game that came out around 6 months ago is not that bad. Hell, if you have an Edge card that brings it down to almost $16. But I'm just going to assume that $15 for a year long magazine subscription, 10% off used games, and 10% extra for your trade-ins is "quite high price" in your opinion.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

$18 for this game is a very good deal for a great game imo (though yeah i would buy it new for $2 more)

I haven't been following the GS threads for a few weeks. Are there any free shipping codes out there other than SAVER? Anything that works on orders under $25?

[quote name='Envel']For $2 more you could get it new from the Power Saver sale...[/QUOTE]

$4 cheaper if you're a CAG.

[quote name='Envel']For $2 more you could get it new from the Power Saver sale...[/QUOTE]

$4 cheaper if you're a CAG.

In the past when the used price drops below the new price during a sale it signals a permanent drop on that product. Fallout 3 GOTY is 34.99 on both PS3 and 360 used as well.

There was a post here about Darksiders being 14.96 at walmart with free ship to store (PS3 only I believe).

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']:lol:

$18 for this game is a very good deal for a great game imo (though yeah i would buy it new for $2 more)[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a fan, but I won't deny that it's a good deal.

I can't recommend used games from walmart. On more than one occasion I was sent the wrong product. One time I ordered Fallout 3 for PS3 when it was 9.96 and I got the Fallout 3 game case with a 360 copy of Frontlines. It was a headache and a half getting the situation corrected. Two separate customer service reps accused me of lying and trying to steal.

I would prefer to get this used because with EDGE and CAG16 it comes to $13.60. Add in a $7.50 or so filler game and it should be around $20 plus total for both games. If you don't want the filler game just take it to GameStop and return it. Besides since most true CAGs have a ton of GS credit this is the best way because it requires little to no cash to be spent.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Does Wal-Mart's pre-owned games come with a case and manual guarantee? If so, then yeah, Wal-Mart has a better deal. But then again, what are their shipping rates?[/QUOTE]

I've never bought a used game there before. you can have it sent to the store for pick up to save you on shipping, even though a lot of used titles have less than $1.00 shipping. but on the other hand if it is sent to the store and if it's not what you want, I'm sure you could probably get your money back then too.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would prefer to get this used because with EDGE and CAG16 it comes to $13.60. Add in a $7 or so filler game and it should be around $20 total for both games. If you don't want the filler game just take it to GameStop and return it [/QUOTE]

what exactly is the CAG16 discount and how do I get it? I know what an EDGE card is, but how do you combine the 2?

edit: nm I got it: http://www.promotioncode.org/GameStop

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nnickers']Nobody caught this? Really?
So are we not counting the thread for this sale that has about 1600 posts and has been on the front page for weeks?[/QUOTE]

The price in that thread was for new only. Used was more expensive than new for awhile.

So are we not counting the thread for this sale that has about 1600 posts and has been on the front page for weeks?[/QUOTE]

A price drop is not a sale. Reading is hard.

[quote name='strizay']what exactly is the CAG16 discount and how do I get it? I know what an EDGE card is, but how do you combine the 2?[/QUOTE]

16% off. Enter your EDGE number and then CAG16.

Thanks. Used one of my $10 codes and my EDGE discount to get it for about $10. Didn't want to stack with a free shiping code (PS2010), SAVER, or CAG16. Oh well, $10 isn't bad for this. Thanks OP!

I heard it was great, but I will pick it up at next B2G1. My eyes r on

Darksiders
Tropico 3
Halo wars

I'm playing through this now and enjoying the Hell out of it! (see what I did there...) I got it during the sale so anything under $20 is a good deal on a great game IMO.

go back and read the OP again this is for a USED darksiders which was being sold for $34.95 and the NEW unopened is what's listed in the "1600 post thread" you are referring to.

I ended up orderig a used copy for my 360 since I still had a $10.00 off coupon and my 10% edge card discount. If I get a incomplete copy beat to hell can I do a return for a better copy at a B&M store?

I have some very troubling news. Went to my local GS for the intention of purchasing a used copy of Darksiders. When the employee scanned it (or at least claimed to), it still rung up as $34.99. Ended up having to get a NEW copy (at least it was sealed.) What's disturbing is that there is no "online only" indication for this product's price on the website. THEY LIED TO US..... THEY LIED!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nietzsche74']I have some very troubling news. Went to my local GS for the intention of purchasing a used copy of Darksiders. When the employee scanned it (or at least claimed to), it still rung up as $34.99. Ended up having to get a used copy (at least it was sealed.) What's disturbing is that there is no "online only" indication for this product's price on the website. THEY LIED TO US..... THEY LIED!!![/QUOTE]

Why would you buy a used copy when you can go online and buy it for 19.99 new either platform, plus free ground shipping using PSFASTER code!?!?! Doesn't make sense.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I have some very troubling news. Went to my local GS for the intention of purchasing a used copy of Darksiders. When the employee scanned it (or at least claimed to), it still rung up as $34.99. Ended up having to get a used copy (at least it was sealed.) What's disturbing is that there is no "online only" indication for this product's price on the website. THEY LIED TO US..... THEY LIED!!![/QUOTE]

Depending on when this was changed online, it just hasn't gone through yet. Price changes that take place online during a weekend almost NEVER go through BM GS until Monday or Tuesday. Something about the home office people not wanting to trudge to work on a Sunday just so we can buy Darksiders cheaper.

NOt sure when this game was released, early this year or late last year, but if it was this year it is definitely up there on my game of the year list with Alan Wake. I absolutely love this game.

[quote name='nietzsche74']I have some very troubling news. Went to my local GS for the intention of purchasing a used copy of Darksiders. When the employee scanned it (or at least claimed to), it still rung up as $34.99. Ended up having to get a NEW copy (at least it was sealed.) What's disturbing is that there is no "online only" indication for this product's price on the website. THEY LIED TO US..... THEY LIED!!![/QUOTE]

I was in GS today and they confirmed the price drop on used ones, had it in the system and everything. I ended up buying a new one instead since they had one sealed, but it definitely did drop at some stores.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']:lol:

$18 for this game is a very good deal for a great game imo (though yeah i would buy it new for $2 more)[/QUOTE]

Ya I was actually surprised with this game, its long and fun. However some boss fights are a bit boring.

I have extra case artwork for Darksiders if anybody wants it. I think its the "foil" artwork I hear all the kids talk about -- It's shiny, reflective and real perty. PM me an offer to cover shipping and once you do your part, it's yours.

does anyone know yet if this is a soon-to-be universal price drop? This is my magic price, but not a good time for me to buy it. I'll bite if this is a real deal, but it would be better for my checkbook if this is a new permanent price and i can hold off on it.

18, 16, 20, whatever. As a huge fan of the game, I am surprised and envious of how cheap this game can be aquired.

This game is awesome! Get it new (~$20) or used but just get it. If you are a fan of action/adventure/RPG lite (i.e. Zelda) there is a good chance you will love this game. But you should buy it new. A new sale (at $20) may not give the publisher much but at least it increases the total sales of the game which matter to the publisher/developer more than a re-sell that just goes into GS pocket.

[quote name='g-man']does anyone know yet if this is a soon-to-be universal price drop? This is my magic price, but not a good time for me to buy it. I'll bite if this is a real deal, but it would be better for my checkbook if this is a new permanent price and i can hold off on it.[/QUOTE]

It's part of the Gamestop promo sale pricing, so odds are it will remain 39.99 retail once the sale is over. Maybe you'll see a bigger drop come holiday time.

I grabbed a new one online with code ps2010. I stopped by a store a few days ago and they said it was online only. Didn't think to buy it again until I saw a code on cag for free ground on powersale stuff.

This game's a great God Of War clone that I enjoyed even MORE than God Of War 3. Mind you, I haven't completed it 100% as of yet, but I do have it in my collection. It's a pretty impressive game with good voice acting and some insane visuals.

Would I like this if I enjoyed Dante's Inferno? I want to give it a try but I can't get past the cartoonish graphics.

I really enjoyed this game way more than I thought. So much that I blew through it in less than a week. Has a surprisingly good story, with above par voice acting (if not excellent, but I'm no expert) that makes playing worth it both on gameplay and story levels. The action is nice and varied with plenty of different ways to go about combat and mix combos up without being too complicated. Nice variety in the different locations that you visit, and the game doesn't look half bad either. Yeah there's some heavy influence from Zelda and God of War shown (I'd say DMC too with the sword work), but it's all done so well.

If I had anything bad to say about the game it would be a few things. The camera isn't always where it should be, and definitely takes some extra work out of the player to position well. Even then, there are still moments where you'll have no clue what's going on for a brief period of time. Controls, although simple, can become a bit cumbersome later in the game as you acquire many different items that are seemingly mapped to all of the buttons. Not that big of a deal, but I'd catch myself pressing the left trigger to aim when I was supposed to push in the right analog stick in, or completely forget what item I mapped to which direction on the d-pad. Also, the maps are a little confusing, but not terrible either. Even with all these little grips, this is still one of my favorite games I've played all year and believe it should've received higher ratings than it did.

Oh and the ending....oh let's just say it's one of those moments where everyone at the movie theater starts to cheer. It's worth playing till the end.

[quote name='Jintty']Would I like this if I enjoyed Dante's Inferno? I want to give it a try but I can't get past the cartoonish graphics.[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you are hinting @ w/ the graphics of the game, but cartoonish is not one of the words I'd use to describe it. :?:

bread's done
Back