Darkwing Duck & Tale Spin (both) for $40.00 at Best Buy

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Update 8/21:
Best Buy DVD / CD Prices: 8/27/06 - 9/2/06

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkwing Duck: Volume 1 >>>> $24.99 ****

Talespin: Volume 1 >>>> $24.99 ****

****Get Both Darkwing Duck & Talespin for $40 when purchased on the same receipt

Thanks speedy1961!!!
------------------
Update 7/7:

On August 29, 2006, Buena Vista Home Entertainment will release Darkwing Duck - Volume 1 on DVD. The DVD will feature a bundle of episodes, including the pilot of the caped crusading duck, spanning over three discs. It will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $34.99.
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/716/716564p1.html

----------
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5492

Tale Spin too:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5491

TaleSpin - Volume 1 on DVD. The DVD set will provide 617 minutes worth of episodes, including the show's pilot episode. It will be available for the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) of $34.99.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/717/717945p1.html

Give me Gummi Bears on DVD and I'm all set :D

Awesome, but they better not pull the stunts they did on Ducktales and Rescue Rangers and not include the Pilot episode mult-parters...

[quote name='guardian_owl']Awesome, but they better not pull the stunts they did on Ducktales and Rescue Rangers and not include the Pilot episode mult-parters...[/quote]

I'd take that over what they did to Quack Pack and Goof Troop. They got like 3 episodes on one dvd i think. Its BS.

I loved Darkwing Duck, in fact, just thinking of it, I'm having the theme song running through my head even though I haven't seen it in several years.

I so can't wait for this. I used to rush home after school just to watch Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin. Back in the good old days when they're were good cartoons on in the afternoon. Now, if only someone would release The Wild West Coyboys of Moo Mesa on DVD. I used to wake up extra early on Sat morning to watch that...

man, i know people get really excited about this stuff, but pretty much every cartoon i watched while i was a kid is better left in my memories. watching such bad television hurts my brain now.

[quote name='iheartmetal']man, i know people get really excited about this stuff, but pretty much every cartoon i watched while i was a kid is better left in my memories. watching such bad television hurts my brain now.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily all, I still catch episodes of Tale Spin every once in awhile late at night and it is surprising how well it holds up after all these years. I haven't seen Darkwing Duck in ages, but I have a feeling it is going to hold up just as well.

However there are just as many show you are correct about, I've been watching old episodes of the original Ninja Turtles, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, and other live action fare like Lidsville and it doesn't hold up well.

Very nice. Will definately pick up the set of DW. I would like to have seen an annoucement for vol 2 of Duck Tales ... guess it's still a bit too soon.

The quality of animation and stories for Ducktales, Gummi Bears, Talespin, Rescue rangers, Gargoyles were for the most part all top notch. Darkwing Duck was hit and miss for me, the animation was a bit sloppier than the older cartoons.

I used to own the nes dw game, which sucked, but I did love to watch the dw cartoons, can't wait!

However DuckTales are way better...

Does n-e-1 remember these cartoons?

1. Shirt tales
2. The Wuzzles

Also some show about magical koala bears... And then some public broadcasting show called zoobile zoo...

Remember those

[quote name='guardian_owl']dude, it's in the OP, the link says late August for Tale Spin.[/QUOTE]

My bad.........YES! Talespin.....

oh wait nickelodeon used to have alot of good shows. Some mentioned here are alot older than others...

1. Pinwheel
2. You can't do that on television (Alanis Moorisette) was a kid actor in this 1
3. Rocko's modern life
4. Catdog
5. Cow and chicken
6. angry beavers
7. Ren stimpy
And so forth.... BUT

Here Is where you can find all your fave nick shows

http://classicnick.com/

I am worried about the video quality of this...based on the reviews i have seen, the video quality has been more of vhs quality .. disney didn't do a good job with keeping there cartoons in tact. No special features :( alought I will buy it anyways.

Random old cartoon question for you guys for i didnt want to make a whole new thread. But back in the late 90's there was a cartoon where it focused on the main character who was a sort of pirate who had a pet phoenix. They went around on a boat and it was water world esque but instead of land being rare clean water was for there was this black sludge that was filling the water. The sludge was alive though....

Wow i feel a tad bit more crazy for typing that out... Hopefully that will kick start someones memory...

[quote name='Lice']Random old cartoon question for you guys for i didnt want to make a whole new thread. But back in the late 90's there was a cartoon where it focused on the main character who was a sort of pirate who had a pet phoenix. They went around on a boat and it was water world esque but instead of land being rare clean water was for there was this black sludge that was filling the water. The sludge was alive though....

Wow i feel a tad bit more crazy for typing that out... Hopefully that will kick start someones memory...[/QUOTE]

Pirates of Darkwater? I think his name was Ren

[quote name='NesHavok']oh wait nickelodeon used to have alot of good shows. Some mentioned here are alot older than others...

1. Pinwheel
2. You can't do that on television (Alanis Moorisette) was a kid actor in this 1
3. Rocko's modern life
4. Catdog
5. Cow and chicken
6. angry beavers
7. Ren stimpy
And so forth.... BUT

Here Is where you can find all your fave nick shows

http://classicnick.com/[/QUOTE]

retrojunk.com is better IMO. It has various intros and clips from the shows. Youtube.com of course will even have some full episodes.

[quote name='starman9000']Pirates of Darkwater? I think his name was Ren[/quote]

I love Cag, such a wealth of obscure knowledge. Much thanks Star man...

Ok, try figuring this one out, it's been bothering me as I can't remember. The main hero wears a gold metalic outfit and flies a white craft with arched wings. The main villian has kind of a bionic eye, wears a purple cape, and flies a badass,all black plane with all kinds of angles.

It was set in the future, and the toy ships were interactive with each other and the television show. On each toy ship would be a sensor and light beam, when you pulled the trigger on the ship base, a white light would blink and if you hit the sensor on the enemy toy ship, it would make a sound. If your toy ship took too many hits, the cockpit would eject.

agreed that gummi bears on dvd would rock super hard. Wasnt there a candy liquid gummi bear juice that you could get at the candy store? Am I high on crack and just imagining these things?

[quote name='NesHavok']Also some show about magical koala bears...[/QUOTE]
I believe that was on Nickelodeon. "Adventures of the Little Koala"

[quote name='dafoomie']I believe that was on Nickelodeon. "Adventures of the Little Koala"[/quote]

Remember Kowala Yums?.... OTTTTTTT

[quote name='Lice']Remember Kowala Yums?.... OTTTTTTT[/QUOTE]
I don't... Were they like Gummi Bears?

Speaking of old Nickelodeon cartoons, that and Maya the Bee were the two things I watched on that channel. Funny how they were both dubs of old Japanese cartoons from the 70s and early 80s. Maya the Bee was Mitsubachi Maaya no Boken, Adventures of the Little Koala was Koala Boy Kokki.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Ok, try figuring this one out, it's been bothering me as I can't remember. The main hero wears a gold metalic outfit and flies a white craft with arched wings. The main villian has kind of a bionic eye, wears a purple cape, and flies a badass,all black plane with all kinds of angles.

It was set in the future, and the toy ships were interactive with each other and the television show. On each toy ship would be a sensor and light beam, when you pulled the trigger on the ship base, a white light would blink and if you hit the sensor on the enemy toy ship, it would make a sound. If your toy ship took too many hits, the cockpit would eject.[/QUOTE]

are you thinking of captain power?

[quote name='Slimeyface']are you thinking of captain power?[/quote]
It appears so because these were the two ships I was thinking of,
power2.jpg

power1.jpg

thanks.

[quote name='fart_bubble']wake me up when they release Ghost Writer on DVD.[/QUOTE]
The one from PBS? I remember watching that around 92-93, didn't watch when it moved to CBS with a different cast. They actually had Samuel L. Jackson in the first few episodes, I dunno how they did that.

They never actually made the ending to that show, where they tell you who the ghost guy was. It was in the top 5 children shows in all of TV, but they cancelled it, they ran out of money. Popularity doesn't help you when you don't have commercials to pay the bills. They also kind of ruined it when they used completely different actors for the same character.

Its out on VHS, and it was on TV until 03. You might be able to find it on the internet.

The show from PBS that I really want to see on DVD, or at least on the internet somewhere, is Square One TV. It was that show with the dragnet ripoff at the end, 'Mathnet', they had the fake pac-man, etc. It'll probably seem dated and corny now, but it was pretty funny at the time.

[quote name='dafoomie']
The show from PBS that I really want to see on DVD, or at least on the internet somewhere, is Square One TV. It was that show with the dragnet ripoff at the end, 'Mathnet', they had the fake pac-man, etc. It'll probably seem dated and corny now, but it was pretty funny at the time.[/quote]
HAHA, I remember that, another one I used to watch on there was the geography game show "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" At least I think it was on PBS.

[quote name='guardian_owl']HAHA, I remember that, another one I used to watch on there was the geography game show "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" At least I think it was on PBS.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was great in its original format, with that goofy host and Rockapella. That was a 100% local, low budget PBS show done in Pittsburgh. I think they re-used the same 3 red jackets they gave the kids every show.

The grand prize was even cheap, round trip tickets to anywhere in the continental US.

[quote name='dafoomie']
The show from PBS that I really want to see on DVD, or at least on the internet somewhere, is Square One TV. It was that show with the dragnet ripoff at the end, 'Mathnet', they had the fake pac-man, etc. It'll probably seem dated and corny now, but it was pretty funny at the time.[/QUOTE]

Mathman Mathman....um 1 + 3 = 8......sounds goood.... Chomp.

bread's done
Back