Darth Tater - $3.99 at K-Mart TUESDAY ONLY

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
I know there was alot of interest in Darth Tater recently... for those that don't know, it's a Mr. Potato Head with Darth Vader parts, it is really very cool.

For ONE DAY ONLY, 11/8/05 on TUESDAY, K-Mart will be selling Darth Tater for 50% off, which makes him $3.99. You are insane if you don't pick him up for that price... I would link to a pic but I need to get back to work =X

Cool, I'll try to get one. Thanks, OP. :D

Pic:

B00061I4U6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[quote name='Kuma']is this just Darth or the Spudtrooper too?[/QUOTE]

probably just darth tater. i've been looking everywhere for a spudtrooper and can't find it.

Just out of curiosity, is mr potato head still made with real potatos? The picture looks more like an egg than a potato, which is why I'm asking.

edit: I think my memory is screwed up. Looking on google none of them are real potatoes. I doubt they were real in the 80's, even though I remember using real potatos.

I want one kinda but don't have a car and don't know where K-Mart is located in Gainesville. Oh well, it's not that important to me I guess.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Just out of curiosity, is mr potato head still made with real potatos? The picture looks more like an egg than a potato, which is why I'm asking.

edit: I think my memory is screwed up. Looking on google none of them are real potatoes. I doubt they were real in the 80's, even though I remember using real potatos.[/QUOTE]

i think thats how mr potato head started, so some of the much older kids, orkids with parents that carried it over, used real potatos, but by the 80s it was the plastic toy

Yeah, originally Mr. Potato Head was actually a collection of limbs and accessories with prongs so you could stick them into a potato. This presumably got too smelly and so the plastic toy was born.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Just out of curiosity, is mr potato head still made with real potatos? The picture looks more like an egg than a potato, which is why I'm asking.[/QUOTE]

So Darth's got a little junk in the trunk. You would too if you sat on your ass with nothing to do for 15 years using the force to feed yourself twinkies and dingdongs. :p

[quote name='Graff^']Yeah, originally Mr. Potato Head was actually a collection of limbs and accessories with prongs so you could stick them into a potato. This presumably got too smelly and so the plastic toy was born.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it was the same reason lawn darts are no longer made, i.e. sharp things and kids that would later in life be eligible for a darwin award.

*edit*
My desire for this thing is incontrovertable proof that I'm a geek, isn't it?

[quote name='eurenix']I always thought it was the same reason lawn darts are no longer made, i.e. sharp things and kids that would later in life be eligible for a darwin award.[/QUOTE]

mmmmm. lawn darts. found some of these in my grandparents shed at one point. believe they were called jarts. darwin awards is right -- i'm lucky to still be in one piece. XD

[quote name='Slimeyface']i dont understand,

wats so amazing about this toy??[/QUOTE]

It is just pretty awesome... what's not to love about a Mr Potato Head who is also Darth Vader?!?

Spudtrooper is NOT part of the sale, by the way... the ad clearly shows and states Darth Tater, with a limit of 2 per person. We haven't received Spudtrooper at my store, and I don't think we ever will.

[quote name='Slimeyface']i dont understand,

wats so amazing about this toy??[/QUOTE]

And you sir, are much less of a geek than I. I saw these in my local Ralph's market, and I hung on to it for most of the shopping trip, until I was able to convince myself it was a stupid thing to buy. But this thread awoke my desire, and I don't know if I can hold out a second time.

P.S. I also saw a bunch of Spudtroopers there, so check your local supermarkets if you have trouble finding one.

[quote name='coolsteel']Haha for that price I might buy it for the hell of it[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking one for me, to satisfy the uber geek that rages in side, and one for an xmas gift to someone. 4 bucks for a perfect gift for a fellow nerd? hell yes. my xmas list is getting smaller already!

I'll admit it. Made a special trip to K-Mart just t o get it. I wanted one when they came out and told myself to wait... and now I have one half off! A HA HA!

And I bought for a friend. Super sweet!

There were 3 left in store -- I took my limit of 2.

Then I thought about picking up some of the PC games mentioned in Roufuss's other thread... then I said, "Screw you guys, I'm getting the games at BB with PM for the RZ pts." :mrgreen:

picked up 2 ( $ 4.19 each + tax ) @ my local KMart in Los Angeles.
a great deal. for the SW nerds... the BK toys are back as well with 17 new collectable figures. Phase I launched this MON.

Thanks for the tip on the Darth Tater, Roufuss ;)

I had nearly missed this until I spotted it late last night on CAG. Wouldn't have been able to make it out there anyway since I had a bunch of stuff to do early today and through out the day. Only made it out there late at night, but both the Jade Empre and the Tater were sold out. Got a rain check for the Jade Empire, but the lady said she wouldn't give me the rain check on the Tater. No biggie, I'll try PMing it at Walmart tomorrow if I get a chance. But she did say that due to it being a one day sale, a ton of people arrived there early at 5 A.M. and the thing sold out within minutes. Damn, I would never get up that early for a tater. I guess the holidays really are upon us now.

[quote name='rewn']picked up 2 ( $ 4.19 each + tax ) @ my local KMart in Los Angeles.
a great deal. for the SW nerds... the BK toys are back as well with 17 new collectable figures. Phase I launched this MON.

Thanks for the tip on the Darth Tater, Roufuss ;)[/QUOTE]

I REFUSE to eat all that burger king again!!:puke: Man i got sick of burger king back in May.

I forgot about going out to K-Mart yesterday until after Jen got home from work so we didn't make it out there until around 7 P.M. or so... and I totally expected them to be totally sold out or not on sale or something.

Sure enough, not a one of them had been bought. I think it was because they were in the small children's toys and not near the other Star Wars toys. I was giddy :)

Oh, yeah... big thanks to the OP on this one!

I saw this too late, but that's okay because I already have one and it's sitting right in fron of me on my computer desk!

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']I forgot about going out to K-Mart yesterday until after Jen got home from work so we didn't make it out there until around 7 P.M. or so... and I totally expected them to be totally sold out or not on sale or something.

Sure enough, not a one of them had been bought. I think it was because they were in the small children's toys and not near the other Star Wars toys. I was giddy :)

Oh, yeah... big thanks to the OP on this one![/QUOTE]
Wait, I thought the sale was one day only? You mean if I go to Kmart and they still have these, they will still be $3.99?

[quote name='Z-Saber']Wait, I thought the sale was one day only? You mean if I go to Kmart and they still have these, they will still be $3.99?[/QUOTE]

No... I meant this happened on Tuesday (that's why I said yesterday). I totally meant to get out there earlier that day to make sure I got one.

The sign on the shelf was very clear that this was a one day sale... no way around it :(

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']No... I meant this happened on Tuesday (that's why I said yesterday). I totally meant to get out there earlier that day to make sure I got one.

[/QUOTE]

:rofl: i don't know why i find that funny.

bread's done
Back