Darwinia for PC $9.99 at CC B&M only!

sheppyboy2000

CAGiversary!
The lovely darling brainchild that ciritcs love to applaud and consumers love to ignore. One of the games everyone, everywhere is stating as a must buy has finally reached a price point which ensures, you support to the studio shall remain in moral only. Sorry, had to throw that in there.

Regardless, just came back from CC and suprised myself for finding a few copies of Darwinia so I picked on up wondering why I didin't buy it yet and sure enough, it rang up as $9.99. This could be location only or not. Other things I found of interest, Ultimate X-men 1-69 and all annuals for $10 as well as 20 years of Spiderman comics for $20, both collections in PDF format.

If this has been posted already, feel free to merge.

Darwinia has been unofficially $9.99 at Circuit City for a few months now.

Also, the jewel box version has been popping up at Target for $9.99.

BB had this at for 9.99 over the summer. Some chick at the register thought it was an RPG (ala WoW). I had no idea what it was but it didn't seem worth 19.99 that it was before. Funny if I asked her if she played WoW, she probibly would have said yes since she looked the type, but I don't play WoW. Anyways installed it and after a few days of on and off playing, I uninstalled it and gave it to my brother because I couldn't figure out the point.

True it's been 9.99 a while now.
But Darwinia is one of those games worth bringing up for people who know nothing about it. I think it's that and Defcon as 2 of the best PC games I played in 2006.

I'm pretty sure it's 9.99 at Fry's... I got mine at the one in Las Vegas while I was there on vacation and it rang up as 9.99 in addition to being marked with the same price. Dunno about the other ones, but Fry's generally isn't very YMMV about regular game prices, are they?

I picked up a copy randomly at Gamestop for 9.99. I have seen others there and at best buy. all for 9.99. Its a great game, dont miss out on it.

Someone want to sum it up real quick.. like a quick review?

It looks very interesting but I don't exactly understand the plot. Is it like a Pikmin or a Rollar Coaster Tycoon? I mean, from what I gather you're supposed to create a civilization and attract stick figures to build and evolve? I could be way off but that's just what I'm picking up off of what I've seen.

[quote name='Ace-Of-War']Someone want to sum it up real quick.. like a quick review?

It looks very interesting but I don't exactly understand the plot. Is it like a Pikmin or a Rollar Coaster Tycoon? I mean, from what I gather you're supposed to create a civilization and attract stick figures to build and evolve? I could be way off but that's just what I'm picking up off of what I've seen.[/quote]

A bunch of little digital doods are running around doing stuff. Scientist dood says "Remarkable" a lot. Then they come under attack by red digital doods. What follows is a sort of holocaust of the green "remarkable" digital doods getting pwnt. Then you lead the green doods around as they build up a huge population of themselves and go kick the shit outta the red doods and stop them from doing whatever it is they're doing with the internets. I think... that's what I vaguely remember from the demo.

[quote name='RollingSkull']A bunch of little digital doods are running around doing stuff. Scientist dood says "Remarkable" a lot. Then they come under attack by red digital doods. What follows is a sort of holocaust of the green "remarkable" digital doods getting pwnt. Then you lead the green doods around as they build up a huge population of themselves and go kick the shit outta the red doods and stop them from doing whatever it is they're doing with the internets. I think... that's what I vaguely remember from the demo.[/quote]

Haha, basically. It takes place inside a computer (which actually ties in with their other game, Uplink) and the Darwinians are artificial intelligence that's being studied by the "scientist dood." A virus gets uploaded into the computer, all hell breaks loose, and you have to save the Darwinians from extinction.

At its heart, it's really just an RTS. But a very unique one.

bread's done
Back