Dashboard deal upcomming gold renewal $84.99 for 2 years

[quote name='cheaphuck']Name of the site is "Cheap Ass Gamer".[/QUOTE]
I'm aware, it's not the best but only $2 more a year than the ones getting scooped up on amazon.

Thanks OP! Any deal below retail is still a deal! Everyone seems really touchy on this site the last few days.

[quote name='Fonz72']Thanks OP! Any deal below retail is still a deal! Everyone seems really touchy on this site the last few millenniums.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it.

Every time I see someone complain about deal's on this site it is a person that has been here for a few years, and the people defending the crappy deals are newer people.

I, being a new person, personally believe it's because people that have been here longer realize what is good and what isn't. I am trying to become one of those people.

[quote name='rayne117']Every time I see someone complain about deal's on this site it is a person that has been here for a few years, and the people defending the crappy deals are newer people.

I, being a new person, personally believe it's because people that have been here longer realize what is good and what isn't. I am trying to become one of those people.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that people who've been here longer have developed a better sense of what's worth posting, but they've also developed a worse sense of social graces.

This is a pretty civil thread so far though.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'd say that people who've been here longer have developed a better sense of what's worth posting, but they've also developed a worse sense of social graces.

[/QUOTE]I agree. Some need to get their heads out of their rumps. Others need to beware of them and make sure they search through before they get b'd at.

Being relevant to the thread, I bit on this deal a few weeks ago when it first popped up in my dashboard. I was paying $7.99/month since I hadn't had the spare cash to buy a full 12 month card in a while. I was hoping for a repeat of the $30 deal that Dell had a few months back... then the price announcement came and went and all the deals died at once.

This seemed like a logical choice.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I guess its a deal compared to the new $60 a year price but not much of a deal as most are getting a year for either $29.99 or $39.99[/QUOTE]

Any links to the $29.99 renewal? :D

2 years for $85 is a deal and has every right to be on this site. thats $42 a year basicly which is a good deal

Thanks op, hopefully there will still be $30 deals and $40 doesn't become the new sale price but it's still better than 50/60 respectively. Also don't forget Nov 1 the family pack for xbox live comes out, i'm still waiting for more information about it.

So I just got off the phone with Xbox support asking about the family gold plans.

When you sign up for a family gold plan you will have each existing month you currently have of gold deduct $5 off the $99 price. So if what they told me is correct, you should be able to buy this deal for $85 and you would end up with $120 off of the Family Gold plan (4 gold accounts) - which should prorate you well past a year.

Get some buddies to pitch in $20-$30 for a year of gold, add them to your family plan, and this ends up dirt cheap.

BTW - Family Gold is available Nov 1.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'd say that people who've been here longer have developed a better sense of what's worth posting, but they've also developed a worse sense of social graces.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'd say that people who've been here longer have developed a better sense of what's worth posting, but they've also developed a worse sense of social graces.

This is a pretty civil thread so far though.[/QUOTE]

This, people here longer may have a better sense of actual good deals as opposed to "ok" deals... but their social graces have went out the door. If you take even one small misstep here they will be on you like a pack of jackals on a wounded baby gazelle...and then they don't stop until YOU look like the bad guy. Then amazing the mods usually blindly support them in every case without actually reading what happened.

Sorry, end rant.

Anyway yes... I do think people get more touchy as the holidays approach though.

With the upcoming price jack Nov. 1, I think most of the 29/39 deals are done. Doing a quick search, Amazon is listed at $44, and bestbuy/walmart have gone up to $50. While i don't think I'll bite on a 2 yr renewal (committment phobe here), still seems like a pretty good deal, especially with $59 automatic renewals going into effect soon.

Damn bout 2-3 weeks ago they had this exact price but with a 1,600 points that came with it on xbox dashboard.

and just 2 days a go i saw this at $75. for just the 2 years and a stupid zombie call of duty hat.

just turned on my xbox to see and they show 1 year for 39.99 it says Last Chance to save before Nov 1st-

turned it off and back on 3 times to see if other deals show up but nope-

im all good for another year but might just get a year for my nephew than i have a whole year to look for a deal-for both of us

[quote name='alangst']With the upcoming price jack Nov. 1, I think most of the 29/39 deals are done. Doing a quick search, Amazon is listed at $44, and bestbuy/walmart have gone up to $50. While i don't think I'll bite on a 2 yr renewal (committment phobe here), still seems like a pretty good deal, especially with $59 automatic renewals going into effect soon.[/QUOTE]

Don't kid yourself. The deals on Xbox Live would continue to pour in month after month. They may get a bit more expensive then before (like $29.99 deals would become $39.99) but unless you need to renew your membership urgently, you should just seat tight and wait.

Ms xbox live $100 for 4 12 month accounts coming november called "The Family Pack"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/xbox-live-family-subscription-plan-available-starting-in-novembe/

also existing account that are signed up will have their remaining months rolled over or pooled in to the new accounts-not sure how this works but those existing months won't be lost- anyway just type in Xbox live gold family pack and you see a bunch of articles on this.

sorry if you read this already but ive been posting it on all the 12 month threads might help you guys out before renewing a subscrition just now if you have brothers/sisters/kids who want to extend or want an account.

[quote name='youenvy']Ms xbox live $100 for 4 12 month accounts coming november called "The Family Pack"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/xbox-live-family-subscription-plan-available-starting-in-novembe/

also existing account that are signed up will have their remaining months rolled over or pooled in to the new accounts-not sure how this works but those existing months won't be lost- anyway just type in Xbox live gold family pack and you see a bunch of articles on this.

sorry if you read this already but ive been posting it on all the 12 month threads might help you guys out before renewing a subscrition just now if you have brothers/sisters/kids who want to extend or want an account.[/QUOTE]

Or you can go here, where it's being discussed in more detail.

[quote name='alangst']With the upcoming price jack Nov. 1, I think most of the 29/39 deals are done. Doing a quick search, Amazon is listed at $44, and bestbuy/walmart have gone up to $50. While i don't think I'll bite on a 2 yr renewal (committment phobe here), still seems like a pretty good deal, especially with $59 automatic renewals going into effect soon.[/QUOTE]

Anyone set to auto-renew, be it at monthly or yearly, isn't a true CAG. :)

I don't get why I don't ever have gold renewal deals on my dashboard. I guess I'll have to go with newegg because my subs up in January.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Anyone set to auto-renew, be it at monthly or yearly, isn't a true CAG. :)[/QUOTE]
Actually a true CAG gets the best deal they can. And if this is it They turn off auto renew when it's to their best advantage to avoid auto when it's not a good option. But thanks for playing.

[quote name='sageridder']Actually a true CAG gets the best deal they can. And if this is it They turn off auto renew when it's to their best advantage to avoid auto when it's not a good option. But thanks for playing.[/QUOTE]

true cag's got 50 netflix 1 month codes stored up and a subscription maxed out to 2013.

[quote name='doodofdoods']true cag's got 50 netflix 1 month codes stored up and a subscription maxed out to 2013.[/QUOTE]
And that would be the best deal they can get. :) But as prices rise and deals change we must adapt, and be as cheap as we can. The $29.99 is gone and the $39.99 is it's little sister unfortunately. I don't agree with the price shift but other than a YMMV pricing issue (and the fight to get it) this isn't bad. And by the by nice deal. :applause:

[quote name='doodofdoods']true cag's got 50 netflix 1 month codes stored up and a subscription maxed out to 2013.[/QUOTE]

An even tru-er CAG didn't redeem them all at once or create multiple accounts (maxxed out) that now sit gamer-scoreless, just wasting away. :)

[quote name='DarkRider23']Kind of a fail deal seeing how they had it for $80 + 1600 MS points just a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]
Yup it is in that context, and I won't defend it any more. But for any that didn't get in on the previous deal it's still something. Sorta a if you didn't catch that deal here's still something for ya kinda thing.

[quote name='sageridder']Yup it is in that context, and I won't defend it any more. But for any that didn't get in on the previous deal it's still something. Sorta a if you didn't catch that deal here's still something for ya kinda thing.[/QUOTE]

anyone get the points yet from that deal?

[quote name='DarkRider23']Kind of a fail deal seeing how they had it for $80 + 1600 MS points just a couple of weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's not a "fail deal," but a deal that's unfortunately better than some others, though not historically.

True, you could get it at $29.99 at one point and, true, just a week ago, I was able to get the same deal (and a zombie hat!) for $74.99... but that was last week. give it a couple of months and everyone will be excited at the rare "$39.99" find but will still regard $42.00 as a legitimate bargain.

I don't really care about the 15% off games at Amazon right now, but I'm not going TC all over it.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Anything above $0 is a terrible deal for this 'service'.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're crazy. What's the better alternative? PSN?

Saw this on my dashboard and was immediately turned off by it. It was claiming that I was currently signed up to pay 59.99 on my next renewal (I am not so it's a trap) and I should get this sweet deal. I am actually signed up for the 39.99 deal so this "deal" seems to not be aware of that or just wants to trick you into thinking you aren't.

to all you east-coasters, if you have a BJs wholesale club near you (and a BJs membership, of course), you can get a 12-month live card for 39.99.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Yeah, you're crazy. What's the better alternative? PSN?[/QUOTE]

Try to resist the bait.

bread's done
Back