Day of Defeat: Source -- 75% off ($2.50) at Steam

[quote name='KaneRobot']Great deal. Do people still play this? I've been out of it for a couple of years now.[/QUOTE]
A bunch of people play it. Not as many as counter-strike but it is definitely still in the thousands, in terms of active players.
[quote name='MSI Magus']All online or is there offline play?[/QUOTE]
It is primarily online. You can play offline, but that would only be offline multiplayer only (LAN parties). Well... I guess you could just roam the maps by yourself. So it does allow offline play, but it is a multiplayer only game.

[quote name='BouncingSoul']Yeah, anyone know if people still play this?[/QUOTE]This question is pretty easily answered especially since it is a Steam-only game. Valve publishes the stats on the top games (per players) at the following link: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Right now there are about 4700 people playing with a peak of about 5000 today. So I'd say there's still a community there.

[quote name='Aganar']Now if they would just put Counter-Strike: Source on sale. Come on, Valve![/QUOTE]
I can't remember how long ago they did it, but it was like $7 or so.

I LOVE these Valve sales but it always leads to a game I'm not necessarily going to play. I go back to TF2 all the time though.

I was about to install the original Day of Defeat which I have on disc? disk?, that I activated on Steam... but this is much better! :D

bread's done
Back