Daytime Sleep

I usually sleep during the day and am up at night. Worked a night job for a few months and just got used to it. It's near impossible to get back to usual once you get in the habit.

There's really no trick to it, once you do it long enough, it just becomes natural.

It is not really that I can't sleep, it is just that whenever I want to take a nap I wake up feeling more tired than before :(

GF

For me, it just takes a while to wake up from a long nap. After I get up and move around, I feel refreshed.

I've heard that the ideal nap length is 15-30 minutes. This way you feel refreshed, not tired. I think it has something to do with not falling into the deeper states of sleep.

My psych prof. told me to sleep either 20 mins or long enough to complete a full sleep cycle. He explains that 20 mins is too short for people to even enter a sleep cycle and the reason you wake up tired even after sleeping is because you wake up between cycles. I do the 20 mins and afterwards I don't feel like getting up but when I do get up to take a piss I don't feel tired anymore. It's bizarre but it seems to work for me.

So it is better to prematurely wake oneself up than to just sleep until you wake up naturally? Might be hard setting an alarm because I don't normally fall asleep when my head hits the pillow...

GF

The key is taking daytime naps for no longer than an hour. Longer than that and you'll enter stage 3 sleep and throw off your sleep cycle so you'll paradoxically feel more tired after a long daytime nap (pretty much what Lieutenant Dan said).

when I "nap" I don't officially fall asleep. I just lay there with my eyes closed for about 15-20 minutes and I usually enter that not-awake/not-asleep state. Somehow I feel completely refrshed afterwards.

I find that when I'm tired in the afternoon if I just lay down for half an hour or so I feel much better. I don't even have to sleep, just lay down for a while and I'm good.

Napping is one of the best things ever! I'm not a couch napper, though. I need to be in my bed with the curtains drawn and no light whatsoever coming into the room. And then sleep for about 2 hours.

[quote name='shieryda']Napping is one of the best things ever! I'm not a couch napper, though. I need to be in my bed with the curtains drawn and no light whatsoever coming into the room. And then sleep for about 2 hours.[/quote]

QFT

Pretty much every Mon/Wed/Fri I get in a nice nap of a couple hours after school.

I nap for like 2 hours, feels shitty after getting up for the first like 10 minutes, but it feels great later on, when im not tired, and i feel great the next day too. Napping for 20 minutes is different, those feel good right away, but it doesnt ahve as good of an effect, but its good for class

I always feel groggy when I nap for 1 - 2 hours. It usually takes a few hours to not feel groggy. Now that I can sleep later (no early classes this semester), I don't feel like I need to nap anymore though.

everytime I get off from work I am dead tired. I don't really feel tired at work, but after school ends all the kids run home, I get home and the first thing I want to do is sleep. But there are times where I am hungry and go to MCD or taco bell, then go back home and sleep within an hour, but then wake up four hours later to only stay away til 2am in the morning. The only way to make me fall asleep quickly is to turn on the tv, watch a dvd, and set the tv sleep timer to an hour and I bet you within 15-20 minutes I am knocked out. I wake up a few hours later not having any memory about how I got up from the den, and walked to my bed room and shut the door. I usually wake up at 7am when I have to report to work at 7:30am. I don't hear my large alarm clock less then 2 feet from my head, and BARELY hear the THIRD wake up alarm on my cell phone :whistle2:O

so I am usually late to work by 10-15 minutes :whistle2:( but I usually sneak in the back :whistle2:|

[quote name='gamefreak']Hmmmm I need to figure out my clock's Nap Button then =D

GF[/QUOTE]

that would be the SNOOZE button.

yeah, whenever my naps last more than an hour, i wake up feeling groggy and i'm tired for the rest of the day. thanks to my job, i've become a pro at taking little cat naps in my car though (5-10 minute naps...and yes, i actually do fall asleep, lol) and i always wake up feeling refreshed from those. unfortunately, they don't last and i start falling asleep again while i'm driving home during rush hour.

I normally go to bed about 5 in the morning and get up at between 12-2. I fill fine. I never nap on purpose, if I do fall alsleep its while watching a movie and normally 10-15 mins later I wake up.

I used to love coming back to my room after an 8AM class in college, hopping back into bed and sleeping for another hour or so. Then I'd get up, read a little bit, and go to my next class. Those were the days. Now any time I nap, it's usually because I'm hung-over.

I don't usually intend to nap, but pretty much every weekend I fall asleep in my recliner with football or Nascar on the TV. It is like fast forwarding through time because I fall asleep at lap 50 and wake up at the end.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I take a half hour nap everyday during my lunch break at work...[/QUOTE]

are you a comcast employee?

bread's done
Back