Daytona 500

flowery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I am i the only one who think Dale Jr. got hosed on the caution with 3 laps to go...Kasey Kahne's car was falling apart before Gordon passed Dale....

Im pissed looked at my picture Bobby blew up early. Was rootin for Tony and was pisssed that the 24 won. Also ticked off at the 48 for almost wreckin Tony coming to the checkered flag.

[quote name='flowery']I am i the only one who think Dale Jr. got hosed on the caution with 3 laps to go...Kasey Kahne's car was falling apart before Gordon passed Dale....[/quote]

he gets enough help. Hell they change rules just so he wins more (talladega last year)

Enough with the conspiracy theories, I THOUGHT the race was going to be Earnhardt's even AFTER Gordon passed him before the last caution (based on the way he WAS able to pass Stewart on the outside), didnt expect Busch to pass Earnhardt... the end of the race was similar to the last time Nascar was at Daytona

Like him or hate him Gordon is a hell of a driver... anyone who can put up with the crap he does from fans and still perform at the highest level, I admire that

I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid fucker.

[quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

Fun Fact for the day: Nascar fans hate Jeff Gordon because he enunciates.

I was hoping for a different outcome but I can't say Gordon didn't deserve. He's a helluva driver.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

Fun Fact for the day: Nascar fans hate Jeff Gordon because he enunciates.[/quote]

LOL

I just hate Gordon because....I don't know. I just think he became too successful too fast and never really took the bumps and wrecks that most people normally take. I don't hate him as much as I used to, since as I see it, he's had his share of big wrecks. I dunno. As I've said before, I'm a huge Tony Stewart fan. He can just be such a wiseass at times. And I love old-school Tony...Anyone who punches photographers is okay in my book.

EDIT: Plus I really HATE how Jeff will whine about anything that doesn't go his way. He was already up to his normal complaining ways about Junior lagging behind on restarts.

[quote name='karsh']
EDIT: Plus I really HATE how Jeff will whine about anything that doesn't go his way. He was already up to his normal complaining ways about Junior lagging behind on restarts.[/quote]
That's something almost any driver will do. Just like they'll all complain about "debris" on the track if they need a caution. But it was funny how Jeff complained about dale, and dale was no further from jeff than jeff was from tony.

[quote name='Supernothing'][quote name='karsh']
EDIT: Plus I really HATE how Jeff will whine about anything that doesn't go his way. He was already up to his normal complaining ways about Junior lagging behind on restarts.[/quote]
That's something almost any driver will do. Just like they'll all complain about "debris" on the track if they need a caution. But it was funny how Jeff complained about dale, and dale was no further from jeff than jeff was from tony.[/quote]

True, most drivers will, but I just feel that every week Jeff manages to complain about something entirely stupid. I'm waiting for Jeff to go to the Nascar officials and be like "He made my car get dirty! Dock him some points!!"

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

Fun Fact for the day: Nascar fans hate Jeff Gordon because he enunciates.[/quote]

LOL

I just hate Gordon because....I don't know. I just think he became too successful too fast and never really took the bumps and wrecks that most people normally take. I don't hate him as much as I used to, since as I see it, he's had his share of big wrecks. I dunno. As I've said before, I'm a huge Tony Stewart fan. He can just be such a wiseass at times. And I love old-school Tony...Anyone who punches photographers is okay in my book.

So you hate Gordon because he was just a more talented driver than most other drivers at a younger age. Seems a little silly to me.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

LOL

So you hate Gordon because he was just a more talented driver than most other drivers at a younger age. Seems a little silly to me.[/quote]

People used to hate Earnhardt for the same thing

Also, it is not like #20 is the most friendly driver. If Kasey Khane hit him in the face for everytime Tony wrecked him, he would have no teeth

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

LOL

So you hate Gordon because he was just a more talented driver than most other drivers at a younger age. Seems a little silly to me.[/quote]

People used to hate Earnhardt for the same thing[/quote]

I don't follow Nascar at all, so I didn't know that. It's still strange. In almost any other sport, fans embrace the best players and you never see people who don't like them because they are too good, too fast.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

LOL

It's more cause he didn't really take his bumps coming up during his first couple seasons. I have this weird idea that before you can become a great driver, you have to take some pretty massive wrecks. Something like what happened to Wimmer today, or even what happened to Kahne today. I'm weird like that.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='karsh']I think if Junior had stuck with Tony for longer and pushed him like he was, it would have been a MUCH different ending. I think Tony got screwed because he was banking on Junior's help for a little bit longer. Junior was just an idiot and decided to pass Stewart way too early. As soon as he passed Tony, I realized Gordon was probably gonna win the race, since Junior was then between the Hendrick boys. God damn do I hate Gordon. Stupid shaq-fuer.[/quote]

LOL

People used to hate Earnhardt for the same thing

Also, it is not like #20 is the most friendly driver. If Kasey Khane hit him in the face for everytime Tony wrecked him, he would have no teeth[/quote]

I like Tony cause he really seems to channel some of the older drivers, in that if you piss him off, he'll wreck your ass. I embrace him because of this. He seems to have a bit of Earnhardt in him.

[quote name='karsh']
It's more cause he didn't really take his bumps coming up during his first couple seasons. I have this weird idea that before you can become a great driver, you have to take some pretty massive wrecks. Something like what happened to Wimmer today, or even what happened to Kahne today. I'm weird like that.[/quote]

It's not the "bumps" that makes a good driver. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Gordon fan but you got to admit he's one of the best.... ever.

Born in Vallejo, California and raised in Pittsboro, Indiana, Jeff began racing at age five. Within a decade, he won three national quarter-midget championships, and four national go-cart class championships. On his 16th birthday, he was granted a racing license that made him the youngest-ever USAC driver; by 1990, at age 19, he was the youngest-ever USAC Midget Series Champion, and a year later, won their Silver Crown Division National Championship.

Next, Jeff joined car owner Bill Davis on the NASCAR® Busch Grand National circuit. In his first season he garnered ten top-10 finishes, placed 11th in the overall point standings, and was named Rookie of the Year. The next season, in addition to three wins, he captured 11 pole positions, a Busch series record.

[quote name='"Supernothing"'][quote name='karsh']
It's more cause he didn't really take his bumps coming up during his first couple seasons. I have this weird idea that before you can become a great driver, you have to take some pretty massive wrecks. Something like what happened to Wimmer today, or even what happened to Kahne today. I'm weird like that.[/quote]

It's not the "bumps" that makes a good driver. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Gordon fan but you got to admit he's one of the best.... ever.

Born in Vallejo, California and raised in Pittsboro, Indiana, Jeff began racing at age five. Within a decade, he won three national quarter-midget championships, and four national go-cart class championships. On his 16th birthday, he was granted a racing license that made him the youngest-ever USAC driver; by 1990, at age 19, he was the youngest-ever USAC Midget Series Champion, and a year later, won their Silver Crown Division National Championship.

Next, Jeff joined car owner Bill Davis on the NASCAR® Busch Grand National circuit. In his first season he garnered ten top-10 finishes, placed 11th in the overall point standings, and was named Rookie of the Year. The next season, in addition to three wins, he captured 11 pole positions, a Busch series record.
[/quote

Very good, you have your thoughts on Gordon and dont like him for your own reasons, but admit he truly is one of the best ever... and yes most of the NASCAR drivers whine from time to time including Stewart (who Ill admit is one of the top few pure drivers in the sport)... but damn, he is an ASSHOLE, and that post race interview?... a little psycho... no that it wasnt for great television

Dont put down Gordon because of his talent, the whole youth movement in NASCAR today blossomed from the sucess he achieved, he opened NASCAR to alot of people who didnt care about it before, and it has flourished because of it... Earnhardt Sr won the title in I believe his second year so dont whine about Gordon achieving what he did in his first few years

Also look at most of the feuds between drivers over the past few years... I dont see Gordon in any of them... Stewart, and R Gordon, and Harvick have been the troublemakers... :roll:

In NASCAR its mainly if you hate Gordon your an Earnhardt fan and if your a fan of Earnhardt you hate Gordon....Its almost like the Yankees, you are either a yankee fan or you despise them; Gordon is the Yankees of racing

[quote name='flowery']In NASCAR its mainly if you hate Gordon your an Earnhardt fan and if your a fan of Earnhardt you hate Gordon....Its almost like the Yankees, you are either a yankee fan or you despise them; Gordon is the Yankees of racing[/quote]
So true, but also very odd. They are both good friends to here them talk.

Off track they are all friends and i dont have a huge problem with Gordon because of his relationship with Dale in the past...one driver i really have problem with is Kurt Bush....most drivers are really friendly off track

[quote name='MrFriday18']Im pissed looked at my picture Bobby blew up early. Was rootin for Tony and was pisssed that the 24 won. Also ticked off at the 48 for almost wreckin Tony coming to the checkered flag.[/quote]

How do you work on a car for 3 months and the stupid car lasts 3 laps. Bobby Labonte will never qualify for the chase with the engines he has been getting the last two years.

i got to say i am surprised that there are this many NASCAR fans on CAG i thought i would be flamed for being a stupid redneck and live and die a JR fan....i reckon im glad to have started a nice topic

Like I said, I'm just weird in how I deal with how to like people. And a major part of why I like Tony is that he's such an asshole at times. But if you ever watch him when he's on things not on raceday, he can be so hilarious. Man...I can't wait to go to Dover this year. Though hopefully it won't be like last year, with Newman just dominating the entire race.

bread's done
Back