Daytona USA 50% Off On PSN Via Completely Random PSN Message ONLY

a_dirty_Shisno

CAGiversary!
I just logged on to PSN and received the following message from [SEGA] with the official PSN avatar:

"Hello a_dirty_Shisno,
For a limited time, we are offering select PSN
members the ability to purchase Daytona USA for
$4.99. That's 50% off! Click the link below
between 01/24/12 - 2/6/12 to take advantage of
this special offer!"

The PSN avatar and [] name format proves a message that say's it's from Sony or any other company is legit, in case anyone was wondering.

Anyway, a quick google search shows that this message is so random you may still receive it even if you already own the game. :roll::lol::applause:

Hopefully if you want to buy it you have this waiting for you in your inbox as the game is still full price in the PS Store. You must purchase it through this message in order to receive the discounted price.

PS: This is my first ever deal posting. It kind of sucks that not everyone can take advantage of it.

Those are some depressing numbers, Roy, and doesn't bode well for future releases. It seems like people don't really put their money where their mouth is for these classic re-releases. I saw clamoring for both Daytona USA and X-Men Arcade, for example, for years but when they actually get released they're largely met with apathy.

This release, unlike straight arcade ports like TMNT or X-Men, is really superior in that Sega added widescreen support, online multiplayer, and a Mission mode. Oh, and if you care, it's an extremely easy 100% for trophies as most Sega releases are. The Karaoke mode is just bizarre and doesn't really serve much purpose. Daytona would be a lot of fun online but sadly the lobbies are barren.

It's an extremely short and simple game with only 3 tracks but it serves up a great nostalgia trip if you were a fan of the arcade/Saturn version and is still a lot of fun as an early 3D racer with simple mechanics. If you didn't play the original or aren't a fan of outdated '90s racing games you probably won't like it.

Anyone for Virtua Racing next? I discovered while running through this that I was blending a lot of memories between the two games. Now I need to play VR to complete the nostalgia trip.

Early last year I received one of these messages from I think it was gameloft offering to sell Modern Combat for $2.99. As I had already enjoyed playing the demo of MC; I went ahead an made the purchase and have been happy with the deal because MC is a fun game to play from time to time. Totally worth it.

[quote name='roymustang']I have the 360 version and I'm shocked that there's only about 15k people worldwide that bought it on 360. I've been wondering why Sega hasn't released any Model 2/3 arcade games on XBLA or PSN but now with sales numbers like these I guess I get it. I'm sure the PSN version sold better thanks to Japan but still I doubt it sold good. Do people not have arcade nostalgia? I for one would gladly buy Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Scud Race, and others if they were available.

The port of Daytona is amazing, it's the true arcade version in HD, it looks and plays great especially if you have a force feedback wheel. If you can get it for 5 bucks don't hesitate.[/QUOTE]

People these days only want games with guns in hands and running around like idiots shooting people down. All other genres take a backseat. Sad.

code was waiting for me when I got home, bought it instantly! I'll do this anytime they run a promo like this and I don't have the game already..I played it, it was ok, gave it to my 5 year old, he practically cried when he saw he came in 40th :lol: Quick speech about the golden years of gaming and trying to explain an arcade to him..he forgot.

bread's done
Back