Daytona USA!!! Rooooooling staaaaaaaaaart!

Captain Wrong

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I can't be the only one excited to have Daytona USA on XBLA. I havent spent a ton of time with it but I'm happy to report this version plays fantastic and looks pretty good for a game from 1993. And it's still fun, though I don't know how someone who missed this game originally might think about the rather simplistic racing.

The only disappointment I have so far is in the content area. This is a pretty straight port of the arcade game, with a few extra modes like survival and karaoke(!) thrown in. They could have added the extra tracks from the Saturn and Dreamcast versions (or even Daytona 2) and made this the ultimate Daytona. But what's here is still a blast, at least if you liked this game originally.

Do do do dodo do do dooooooooo, Daytoooooooonnnnnnnnnaaaaa, Daytooooonnnnnnnnaaaaa, let's go away!

edit;
Thinking of Daytona USA again, forgot about the lack of cars in fighting games.

I think I also played the Saturn version. I don't think I played it all that much though. In fact, I sold my Saturn only a couple months after buying it.

I used to break out the Saturn once a year to play this on the day of the race. It's been a while though. Maybe this can restart that tradition.

bread's done
Back