DC Animated Movie Blu-Rays $9.99 - $10.99

[quote name='ssjmichael']Under the Red Hood will be part of Amazon's BF sale, so it may be cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get that info?

I agree, Red Hood is amazing! I'm tempted to snag it but the BF price may be cheaper. But I've also seen Amazon have stuff cheaper pre-BF in the past....argh! what to do?!?

To me, Under The Red Hood is probably the best animated movie DC has done in the last few years. The art is great and the story is mature and emotional. The only thing that would have improved it for me is using the real voice actors for Batman and Joker. :p

Red Hood was great! I saw it on netflix and compared to the other batman animated movies, I'd say this was the best one. I also like batman vs dracula cuz well, it's batman vs dracula.

I'd wait on red hood, I can see it going for $7 (bestbuy) like before. But maybe not..?

Was lucky enough to get Red Hood for like $5 during the BB shelf tag mix up but I went ahead and snagged Bats/Supes and both Justice Leagues.

[quote name='eastx']To me, Under The Red Hood is probably the best animated movie DC has done in the last few years. The art is great and the story is mature and emotional. The only thing that would have improved it for me is using the real voice actors for Batman and Joker. :p[/QUOTE]
It's amazing what a difference good vocie actors can make. I just can't imagine Batman and Joker voiced by anyone but Conroy and Hamill, that's the only thing that kept me from loving this movie. I've noticed they seem to be using Conroy only for the Batman/Superman team up movies now. Maybe he's too expensive. Apparently Hamill is hanging it up after this next Batman game comes out, so they need to find a good replacement for Joker.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee'] but Red Hood is OTHERWORLDLY good.[/QUOTE]

QFT! was lucky enough to get the CE w/Red Hood Figure from Best Buy glitch for $6.99 :whistle2:D

Looks like almost everything except the newest releases (Shazam/Superman, Superman/Batman Apocalypse) has dropped to $11.

Superman Doomsday:http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Doom...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290444226&sr=1-2
Wonder Woman:http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-...ef=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290444188&sr=1-8
Green Lantern First Flight:http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern...ef=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290444206&sr=1-2
Batman: Gotham Knight:http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Gotham...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290444200&sr=1-1

And since I'm a sucker I couldn't resist the price so I went ahead and ordered the other 3 as well (even Wonder Woman but I can't pass up a $10 comic BD)

It's my reward for not seeing much on Black Friday lol

[quote name='Clak']It's amazing what a difference good vocie actors can make. I just can't imagine Batman and Joker voiced by anyone but Conroy and Hamill, that's the only thing that kept me from loving this movie. I've noticed they seem to be using Conroy only for the Batman/Superman team up movies now. Maybe he's too expensive. Apparently Hamill is hanging it up after this next Batman game comes out, so they need to find a good replacement for Joker.[/QUOTE]

Meh Conroy and Hamill are great in their respective roles but I welcome the change in actors. Bruce Greenwood did fine as Batman and John DiMaggio was a pleasant surprise as Joker. I like the idea of using new actors, it allows the creators and actors to explore and use their own different interpretations of these characters which as are always welcome.

Anyways back on topic these are great prices but I don't think I can justify upgrading for the first 6 movies yet since I have too many other things to get for myself and Xmas gift shopping.

Planet Hulk is $7.99 now? Crap I just paid $2.50 more from Amazon last week. Oh well $7.99 wouldn't have been enough to get me over $25 (I needed something $9.01.)

Buy.com has them even cheaper at $10.00 a piece. They also have a free shipping deal. I didn't check every title but it seems like the same ones except for the last two. I'll probably still pick up Red Hood off Amazon since I have other things in my cart there.

Ultimate Electronics is gonna have some of these for 7.95 on Blu for BF. The ad shows Red Hood, Superman/Doomsday, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, a Justice League and one other.

Under the Red Hood is really good :whistle2:D Highly recommended. Years not seeing DC Animated stuff... (Batman TAS, Beyond) this one peaked my interest a lot. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

[quote name='bardockkun']Is there really much, if any difference in animated films when comparing blu ray to DVD?[/QUOTE]

Yes! Detail and color quality are nice to have whether it's live-action or hand-drawn animation. Plus DVDs add all kinds of compression artifacts that I don't enjoy. Also the Blu-Ray versions of DC animated movies always include 4 free episodes of various DC series (Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc.) so they're a nice value.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Yes! Detail and color quality afre nice to have whether it's live-action or hand-drawn animation. Plus DVDs add all kinds of compression artifacts that I don't enjoy. Also the Blu-Ray versions of DC animated movies always include 4 free episodes of various DC series (Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc.) so they're a nice value.[/QUOTE]
The two disc versions usually have those episodes as well, but I guess I'll jump on the blu ray bandwagon for those as well. Thanks.

[quote name='bardockkun']The two disc versions usually have those episodes as well, but I guess I'll jump on the blu ray bandwagon for those as well. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The 2 disc special edition dvd usualy has 2 cartoons from whatever show the featured subject was on, but the blu ray usually has an addition 2-4 episodes that aren't on the special edition dvd.

I highly recommend New Frontier, Crisis on Two Earths, Wonder Woman, and Under the Red Hood. Those are the best of what the DC Animated has to offer.

Doomsday is a nice action flick, but didn't do the written source material justice. Green Lantern is similar to Doomsday; good action, rather so-so plot with nothing new added. Public Enemies is cool for the art style (follows the comic pretty closely) and pretty cool action sequences, but again, fails at the plot. Apocalypse is one I have yet to watch, but they changed the ending fight too much for me to consider it. Maybe I'll change my mind after I watch it, but I kind of doubt it.

I like Public Enemies. It's non-stop action and a great art style. The # of classic villains they tossed in is nice too. But yes, they definitely cut out a lot of the story by excluding Clark and Bruce's monologues. The scene with Robin and Nightwing would have made the movie better too.

With Apocalypse, I haven't actually read the book. I think its story holds up slightly better than Public Enemies' though. Some people have criticized Batman's relatively limited involvement, as it's more of a Superman and Supergirl story. Still, I find the story of Superman being introduced to his cousin very endearing.

I agree with Dualedge that Superman Doomsday is a good movie. You just have to accept that they totally changed the story compared to the comics (cutting the 4 Supermen down into just 1). The voice actors for Supes and Lois do not do a good job, and the way they draw Superman's face (like he's in his fifties or something) is just annoying. Still, it's nice to see Superman and Lois' relationship actually advance in a cartoon.

Well, I have no ideas about these kind of things but I thought with such raves about Under the Red Hood and Crisis on Two Earths and with the prices seeming reasonable, I jumped in it.

[quote name='Clak']It's amazing what a difference good vocie actors can make. I just can't imagine Batman and Joker voiced by anyone but Conroy and Hamill, that's the only thing that kept me from loving this movie. I've noticed they seem to be using Conroy only for the Batman/Superman team up movies now. Maybe he's too expensive. Apparently Hamill is hanging it up after this next Batman game comes out, so they need to find a good replacement for Joker.[/QUOTE]

Amen, I thought this movie was a mess and tried too hard and it was 90 percent because of the amateur voice hour. Apocalypse was breath of fresh air after the last few crappy big billing actor voices.

[quote name='bardockkun']It comes up to 8.99 when I go to the pages themselves for the blu's on the WB shop.[/QUOTE]

Same.

That and only in the "Under $15 Blu's" does it show the price for them being $6.74. Unless they're going to update it later tonight.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Crisis on Two Earths is the boss of bosses. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yeah it is good but common man under the red hood-

just the scene with joker eating chips in front of the black mask and asking for water is fucking awesome.

bread's done
Back