DC Universe Collector's Edition - Was $99 reduced to $87.99 on Amazon

Decent deal, I got the game on launch day and would have paid the extra $40 bucks for the collector’s edition if the game came in a case instead of a cardboard sleeve. I mean really, come on Sony!

I'm passing on this game, I played the demo and didn't really feel it. I have Dead Space 2 in 4 days then Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm coming next month so I'll be busy haha. But I saw this when I put an order in so figured I'd pass along the savings.

Yeah, thanks for passing on the info. Honestly, the game is pretty good. I would not recommend it to anyone since there is a monthly fee and I am not a huge fan of MMOs anyway. However, I tend to try out the console ones for a little while at the very least.

No thanks. Hasn't been getting that good of an reception + quick drop.

It'll probably be $40 by the end of next month.

[quote name='beatngurnuts']its been this price since before it came out, not really a deal[/QUOTE]
Like I said I just noticed the price difference so passing it on to those who might be interested. That sucks that they're charging a monthly charge .. what a ripoff

I love DCUO. I just started playing it but from the few hours i have played it it has been a blast! If you like online games with a wide open world then you will like this game. Also the combat is much more engaging, you have combos and are constantly doing different things.

But back to the collectors edition thats a pretty decent deal it looks neat.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Will be $30 by end of february, or else I'd totally bite at this price.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the numerous quick patches that should be rolled out by then. Best to wait a bit on MMOs these days.

Bought the game for $13 and thought it was worth it at that price. Any higher and it would have been a quick pass from me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Will be $30 by end of february, or else I'd totally bite at this price.[/QUOTE]

Should of been this price to begin with. MMO with a subscription on any console is a recipe for disaster. With PCs you can play it at work or any wifi hotspot, console don't have that versatility. $15/month is a tough pill to swallow.

CAN YOU SAY PRICE DROP?

"DC Universe Online for the PS3 with a Rough Debut in the US, Japan, and Europe"

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/201...eek-2-2011.htm

DC Universe Online, was actually ranked #46 across the board.

"DC Universe Online for the PS3 debuts fairly better in the UK - Squeezing to 10th Spot"

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/17/dc...reacquires-to/

Although it's slightly better news compared to how it did in the US, Japan, and Europe, it's really not that great since games that are 3 months old have outsold DC Universe Online for the week. It barely beat out The Sims 3, a three-month old game, for No. 10.

At the rate this game is going, it'll only be a matter of time before the retail price sinks and sinks fast, and/or new subscription packaged bundles become available for a discount.

P.S.

Amazon has had it for $87.99 since November 22, 2010 since pre-orders.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/DC-Universe-Online-Collectors-Playstation-3/product/B0046SEW8S

Honestly, I do not think SOE expected this game to be a hot seller from the start. They expect to build a community and hope it picks up steam. The game is not as deep as WOW and EQ2 kinda killed SOEs rep anyway.

This isn't a price drop people. I got it for this price at launch, free release day delivery, all from Amazon as well.

[quote name='JokerCard']Bought the game for $13 and thought it was worth it at that price. Any higher and it would have been a quick pass from me.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get it for $13? I realize that deal is probably over but the cheapest I've seen in $33.

Screw paying $15 a month when my PS3 is already connected to WiFi

I pay a cable bill I don't need to pay to play my game to which is one reason I like PS3 over Xbox .. don't have to pay to access

[quote name='Phoix']Where'd you get it for $13? I realize that deal is probably over but the cheapest I've seen in $33.[/QUOTE]

BIG YMMV because I found it at a Target marked "Online Item". This was for the PC regular version though.

In a couple months the game will be so much cheaper just like star trek online best to wait if you're considering buying.

bread's done
Back