DC Universe Online is now Free

Buckles44

CAGiversary!
Here's a deal for ya:
You ever wanted to play DC Universe Online but didn't feel like paying for the game or subscription fees?
Well now you dont have to, cause it's free!
Go on over to their homepage or the PS Store and pick it up.

Unfortunatly everyone had the idea to join up when it became free so servers are down until further notice.

But yaay!!! Free!

Should have been free from the get-go... who pays subscription fees for one single game that isn't a PC MMORPG?

Meh. I absolutely hate MMORPGs. Little skill or thought involved, just a bunch of grinding. Plus idiots get addicted to it.

Wasted so much freaking time as a small kid playing Runescape. Made me brain dead.

Tried the game during the Beta - my Video card isn't up to snuff for it :( Complete blackness with a map and action bars.

15GB is a lot of bandwidth for you guys? Switch to Teksavvy. They give you 300GB with 24Mb of download for $42 a month. Or you can have the classic 5M DSL line with 300GB for $32 a month.

SOE are like the worst developers, who have been around the longest. Usually when developers release games that bad that consistently, they go under.
Aren't most MMORPGs free to play now? The market is too overloaded with them to be profitable, plus people are probably finally seeing what complete wastes of time they are. Except for Asian territories where they play for days on end then die (though I think they must have passed laws regarding that because I haven't read about it recently).

bread's done
Back