de Blob - Coming to Wii. FREE to try on PC!

yea, i thought that the gameplay looked pretty fun. i'm a bit of a sucker for these types of games though. i'll definitly be looking for more videos on this game.
i also heard that there is barely any motion control. this actually makes me happy. i think that it is forced in to far too many games. i think they just have a little bit for jumping or something like that.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If they let you be a brown one and go to town, this game would = endless hilarity.[/QUOTE]From the IGN article:

if you are traversing a ledge of a building and fall from it, you may plummet to the ground below, where a waiting leach bot will suck all color from de Blob. At this point, the character can only paint the world brown or black

This game is horribly addicting. I played it for 4 hours the night I downloaded it. It looks like they've added some gameplay features for the Wii version, which is a good thing. I just hope they get the control scheme right. If anybody makes a one handed tilt game again, like monkeyball, I might have to throttle some random game developer.

I reread the article, they better have a good soundtrack. The soundtrack in this type of game can really make or break the experience.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I reread the article, they better have a good soundtrack. The soundtrack in this type of game can really make or break the experience.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read somewhere you could use your own soundtrack via the SD card. I could be wrong, though.

[quote name='bmulligan']I thought I read somewhere you could use your own soundtrack via the SD card. I could be wrong, though.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't heard that about this game, but it will be possible in Forever Blue.

This game looks like it could be fun, but I question the longevity. If it dropped at 20-30, I'd probably snag it if it proved to be amusing for a while.

There's a good bit of potential, so I hope the developer (THQ I think?) takes the time to flesh out the experience.

bread's done
Back