De Blob: The Underground Revealed in Nintendo Power

thumb_NP256_deBlobUnderground_1.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=124911

2D sections? I'm game!​

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I ought see what the fuss is about the 1st one, but I never quite seem to get around to it. It doesn't really sound all that great, but I suppose you have to play it to believe it....

I just started playing the original and it's actually pretty fun. I don't think I'll be trying to complete all the challenges though. It's a fun concept, the only thing lacking is in the tacked on motion controls (waggle rather than a button for jump), which makes it harder to control than it should be. I also don't like how the blob sticks to the sides of buildings when trying to jump on top of them, which wouldn't be that big of a deal if everything wasn't timed.

[quote name='crunchewy']I suppose I ought see what the fuss is about the 1st one, but I never quite seem to get around to it. It doesn't really sound all that great, but I suppose you have to play it to believe it....[/QUOTE]

It was okay, but VERY repetitive.

I don't think it will be a day one purchase for me. While I really enjoyed the first one, the 2-D platforming levels make me a little nervous (DS version will be all 2-D platforming). And the addition of Pinky the robot for two-player co-op similar to SMG, isn't enough to get me excited.

At least they eliminated the waggle-jump.

[quote name='bowlzer']I don't think it will be a day one purchase for me. While I really enjoyed the first one, the 2-D platforming levels make me a little nervous (DS version will be all 2-D platforming).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I was reading the Nintendo Power article, I was really surprised that the stages would switch between 3D environments and 2D platforming. Talk about taking you out of the zone!

[quote name='crunchewy']I suppose I ought see what the fuss is about the 1st one, but I never quite seem to get around to it. It doesn't really sound all that great, but I suppose you have to play it to believe it....[/QUOTE]

it's like 10$, can't hurt to check it out

I got it for $14 new and free shipping. The game is good, but like others have said, the motion controls are horrible and getting to certain buildings is a pain with the wagging controller and sticking to buildings.

bread's done
Back