(DEAD) $12 off select Pre-orders $49.99 & Up! *NewEgg*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mkaliaz']You will get different answers from different people here, but my experience is Newegg usually ships to me the day before release and (with free 3-day shipping) I get the game on Thursday.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it seems as though it pretty much depends on where you live in relation to their shipping centers. From my experience living just outside a major city new releases usually arrive the following day after their release date.

During a $45 deal this past summer with NewEgg, I placed two pre-orders for Halo 4.
Since then I have moved out of state, and use a different bank. I did not close out my old bank account, but I did remove most of the funds from it.

I've added current billing information to my NewEgg account, but it still wants to bill my old account for the two games. Does anyone know if there is a way to change billing (or shipping) info to existing pre-orders?

If not I'll just have to cancel them tonight and re-order with this deal. But I'd rather not.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']During a $45 deal this past summer with NewEgg, I placed two pre-orders for Halo 4.
Since then I have moved out of state, and use a different bank. I did not close out my old bank account, but I did remove most of the funds from it.

I've added current billing information to my NewEgg account, but it still wants to bill my old account for the two games. Does anyone know if there is a way to change billing (or shipping) info to existing pre-orders?

If not I'll just have to cancel them tonight and re-order with this deal. But I'd rather not.[/QUOTE]
Did you contact newegg customer service? You can chat with them online, email, or phone.

[quote name='htz']Did you contact newegg customer service? You can chat with them online, email, or phone.[/QUOTE]

I did not. Didn't think about this until Friday night and assumed their customer service wouldn't be back until after the weekend. I'll get in touch with them. Thanks.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']During a $45 deal this past summer with NewEgg, I placed two pre-orders for Halo 4.

If not I'll just have to cancel them tonight and re-order with this deal. But I'd rather not.[/QUOTE]

They will send you an email asking you to correct the order or cancel when they are ready to ship. If you disregard the email they will just cancel it after a few days. There is no way that I have found to change preorder billing info before it is ready to ship.

I got this one last week, cause my CC was stolen a few months ago

"We regret to inform you that your Newegg.com order (Sales Order Number: xxxx) cannot be processed at this time. Unfortunately, the payment authorization on your VISA has failed. This failed authorization may have resulted from an invalid card number, incorrect expiration date, insufficient funds or exceeding a daily limit.

If you believe that some of your information may have been entered inaccurately or would like to provide an alternative form of payment, please proceed to our website by clicking account update.

We will attempt to obtain another authorization as soon as your account information is updated. However please be advised that your order will be cancelled if we are unable to successfully charge your order within 5 business days from the date of this email. As such, your immediate response is highly appreciated.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience and for shopping at Newegg.com. We look forward to serving you again. "

I'd rather not them try to bill that account and stick me with an overdraft fee.
For future reference, chat support tells me this issue neither they nor email support can do anything about pre-orders. They need to be done via phone support, Mon-Fri. Bugger. Guess I'll just re-pre-order to be safe.

[quote name='outerfox']To use the $12 off code, yeah. One game per code use.

After much toiling (and cancelling it like 3 times) I finally decided to keep my pre-order "Of Orcs and Men". I'm trusting that it will still come out in disc form over here. I know it was released in Europe on disc and as a download bought in the Playstation Store over here. It's been getting some great reviews, so we'll see how that works out.

lol I really have to slow down on this pre-order mess. So much stuff coming out early next year ._.[/QUOTE]

The developer recently said there will be no PS3 or Xbox 360 disc release over here, especially now that it has been released on PSN.

Still torn on this. Not sure if I should just cancel my old orders and place new ones. Don't want to miss the window between customer service opens and the games are shipped.

Placing an order now, it tells me it will ship after 11-6-2012. Wish I had a better idea when "after" is. I don't really want it to be a week or two "after." Anyone want to put in their 2 cents?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Still torn on this. Not sure if I should just cancel my old orders and place new ones. Don't want to miss the window between customer service opens and the games are shipped.

Placing an order now, it tells me it will ship after 11-6-2012. Wish I had a better idea when "after" is. I don't really want it to be a week or two "after." Anyone want to put in their 2 cents?[/QUOTE]

I would say just place new orders. You'll still be saving almost $20 a copy compared to buying for full price + tax. We probably won't get ours until the end of the week.

I can stand the wait since I'll be saving a nice chunk of money.

I have a nerd-tastic question. Do you think Dead Island Riptide will come with the steelbook when ordered from Newegg? I know that Amazon and G'stop give you the steelbook... just hadn't heard about Newegg.

[quote name='blinknot4']I have a nerd-tastic question. Do you think Dead Island Riptide will come with the steelbook when ordered from Newegg? I know that Amazon and G'stop give you the steelbook... just hadn't heard about Newegg.[/QUOTE]

According to this article the steel book is only for preorders from Best Buy, Amazon, & Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back