(DEAD) 2 Select Blu Rays for $23 + tax - bestbuy.com

Wow... you can actually get the Coraline 3D Blu Ray or Coraline Collector's Edition as part of this sale. Hellboy II: The Golden Army CE and Wanted CE is in there as well. Great prices for some overpriced collector's editions. I'm tempted to just get them for the heck of it even though I own the regular versions.

Edit: Most the good stuff is backordered but still a great deal if you don't mind waiting.

Yeah I should have mentioned them I guess. Updated title thanks.

The upcoming Coraline 3D Blu Ray looks like it may also come with the DVD version so I got 2 of those instead of that Collectors Edition. I looked it up on Amazon and it says it comes with the DVD version + Digital copy also so I dont know if thats just Amazon or if thats with all copies. If anyone could clue me in thatd be great.

i jsut went for the collectors of coraline (x2), HB 2, and wanted. always wanted the wanted one even though i already own it. Oh well, for this price, I can't refuse...

In Bruges Blu-ray says DVD on the website even though it's got the picture of the Blu-ray and the DVD actually costs less. What are the chances they completely screw up the order?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Why the track-back URL in the OP that isn't CAG?[/QUOTE]
I dont know I'll try to fix it, asshole.
Edit: ok I redid the link it should be right.

Edit again it switched right back so I dunno.

Try this link and watch your tone buddy.

HTML:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat228900050006
I highlighted it so it wouldn't go unnoticed.

They're funky links in post three as well, probably affecting the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Both of you need to dalm the cuck fown.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to edit your posts because they have commission based links in them :)

Unless you like making strangers money?

I don't think it was intended as neither of you guys other posts have them in it.

Ok hopefully its fixed now? edit: nope. I dunno what to do to fix it sorry. Im going to the Best Buy page and copying the link and it just switches it here so I dunno.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ok hopefully its fixed now?[/QUOTE]

I still see it, just in this thread.

Post three is affecting the OP and should be deleted so you can fix your link.

[quote name='Muthafodder']I think you need to edit your posts because they have commission based links in them :)

Unless you like making strangers money?

I don't think it was intended as neither of you guys other posts have them in it.[/QUOTE]Those are the links that are added when you add a bestbuy.com link to a post. Those links are OK.

They're a third-party company, and as long as someone just puts a raw bestbuy.com link in a post, the commission links will automatically get added.

[quote name='shrike4242']They're a third-party company, and as long as someone just puts a raw bestbuy.com link in a post, the commission links will automatically get added.[/QUOTE]

Who gets the commission?
CAG or Best Buy?

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like Cheapy makes about $0.69 for everyone that uses the links in here and makes the purchase:

3% Commission Rate Product Categories

• TVs
  • Video game hardware and software (excluding Nintendo Wii hardware)
  • Appliances
  • GPS
  • Digital books
  • Music and movies
  • Computer software
  • Home theater systems
  • Accessories (excluding digital camera accessories)

What's the difference between Coraline Collector's and 3D?

I really want Coraline Collector's Edition but there's nothing else I want in that list. I've been wanting to buy that movie for at least $10 for the past year but haven't found a good deal. I may have to skip on this.

I can't find any listings for the special features on the 3D version, but it could be the same version that was exclusive to Panasonic 3D buyers over the summer.

Here's what it looks like though (the slipcover anyway):

61ucjxy51jlss500.jpg

I have $20 in RZ certs and would bite on this....BUT...one of the two movies I want is In Bruges, and it says "In Bruges - DVD". It has a pic of a blu-ray, and of course the deal says they're all blu-rays, but I just see this causing major confusion at the store.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']What's the difference between Coraline Collector's and 3D?

I really want Coraline Collector's Edition but there's nothing else I want in that list. I've been wanting to buy that movie for at least $10 for the past year but haven't found a good deal. I may have to skip on this.[/QUOTE]

I can't find any listings for the special features on the 3D version, but it shouldn't be the same version that was exclusive to Panasonic 3D buyers over the summer (which had no special features).

61ucjxy51jlss500.jpg

[quote name='Escobar4Life']What's the difference between Coraline Collector's and 3D?

I really want Coraline Collector's Edition but there's nothing else I want in that list. I've been wanting to buy that movie for at least $10 for the past year but haven't found a good deal. I may have to skip on this.[/QUOTE]

Well the 3D Version has the movie in 'real' 3D (not that cheap paper glasses 3D). It likely has no Special Features on the 3D Disc either (since the 2D BD is being included as well, they likely just recycled the same thing from the Panasonic 3D Bundle).

[quote name='argyle']I have $20 in RZ certs and would bite on this....BUT...one of the two movies I want is In Bruges, and it says "In Bruges - DVD". It has a pic of a blu-ray, and of course the deal says they're all blu-rays, but I just see this causing major confusion at the store.[/QUOTE]That's why I did one order without In Bruges, and I'll be doing another one that has In Bruges that didn't have my RZ Cert I used on A Simple Man and Coraline 3D.

Is Coraline 3D still part of the deal? Apparently (SKU: 1738058) for Coraline 3D is not released until 2011 and does not appear to be in the deal list. I see SKU: 18993433 (which releases in 2011 but doesn't mention 3D) and is the same price as SKU: 9376141 (which released in 2009, CE I assume).

[quote name='venompsx']Is Coraline 3D still part of the deal? Apparently (SKU: 1738058) for Coraline 3D is not released until 2011 and does not appear to be in the deal list. I see SKU: 18993433 (which releases in 2011 but doesn't mention 3D) and is the same price as SKU: 9376141 (which released in 2009, CE I assume).[/QUOTE]
Nope looks like both the CE and 3D versions are no longer part of the deal.

I just ordered In Bruges and A Serious Man about an hour and a half ago. They aren't expected to be out of there for another week, but I'm in no rush. I've seen them both and I've got plenty to occupy me between then and now. Good deal for some great movies, thanks OP.

FYI, I just got a "sorry our bad" cancellation e-mail on wanted CE, coraline CE and hellboy CE. The coraline 3d's didnt get cancelled YET, but its a preorder so i figure it will. On a second note, i got shipping notification of hellboy CE yesterday and it is in route so i'll have to see whats going on with it.

My in-store pickup order for Coraline 3D still looks like it's on-track, so we'll see what happens with it.

It was with another item that was already picked up and there was a RZ cert included on it. Not sure if that'll make any difference, though I should know by Monday of next week, worst case.

Well I picked up Inglorious Basterds and Spartacus. Had part of a gift card left, so it didn't cost too much. Solid deal, not amazing though. Considered A Simple Man, but I haven't seen it yet.

I ordered 12 Monkeys and Spartacus, but i kinda wish Spartacus got a better transfer and was in the hands of Criterion, but for the price i can't complain. Thanks for the looks.

Picked up Hellboy 2 (non-CE) and Inglorious Basterds in store. I could care less about the CE, knowing that I would only look through the contained items once. Also I am running out of shelf room with all the games and blu-rays I had purchased, most likely this item would be laying on the floor and I don't have enough money to buy another shelf at the moment.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I can't find any listings for the special features on the 3D version, but it shouldn't be the same version that was exclusive to Panasonic 3D buyers over the summer (which had no special features).

61ucjxy51jlss500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Will there be a $10 rebate offer for existing owners of Coraline like there was with Alice in Wonderland?

bread's done
Back