DEAD- 3 XBLA games having a bigger price cut than previously announced!

Mrhankyspj

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Frogger, Hardwood Spades, and Bankshot Billiards were previously announced to have a price cut to 300, 300, and 900 respectively, but this morning I went to look at them and they cost 200, 200, and 600 respectively!

I don't know if this is a mistake on Microsoft's part, but if anyone was thinking about picking one up at discount, you might want to do it before they realize they are cheaper than advertised. I picked up Frogger.

Edit- looks like they caught it and it's back up to 300, 300, 900

[quote name='lordwow']Still sucky games.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they aren't the greatest, but on sale none the less. I wish they would discount other- more popular games. I wonder if this is like a pilot run to see if discounting XBLA games drives more sales which might lead them to doing it more often...

[quote name='Mrhankyspj']Yea, they aren't the greatest, but on sale none the less. I wish they would discount other- more popular games. I wonder if this is like a pilot run to see if discounting XBLA games drives more sales which might lead them to doing it more often...[/QUOTE]

Right. I imagine as the library grows on XBL, companies are more likely to see ANY money when price cuts come... Frogger's free with various items. Bankshot and Spades don't "appear" anywhere else do they?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Right. I imagine as the library grows on XBL, companies are more likely to see ANY money when price cuts come... Frogger's free with various items. Bankshot and Spades don't "appear" anywhere else do they?[/quote]

I think you can get Bankshot with some 12-month live kits

Not the greatest games on the Arcade but I do like Microsoft actually giving gamers a price break, even if its only for a brief period of time. I'd love to see sales numbers on the crappier end of the spectrum for some of these titles. They obviously make a high margin of profit on each sale of a Arcade title, but I want to see how many people will actually pay for a crappy game.

Well, for 200 points, I'm getting Frogger, and for 600, I might as well get Billiards too, since I've heard so many good things about it, and considering it's down from 1,200 points.

Thanks O.P.

[quote name='kevlar51']I think you can get Bankshot with some 12-month live kits[/QUOTE]

Yep it comes with the 12-month live gold kit that also includes a headset. I got mine with one of those (for $20 at Best Buy) and Bankshot is okay, not worth $7.50 though.

I would definately pick one up if it was worth it. nothing really sparks my interest this time around. now last time with small arms at 400... that was a steal.

Ok spades is not a sucky game :p Anyways, I'll pick up frogger for sure now. They need to keep doing this, I wouldnt have paid full price for it....

[quote name='SL4IN']I would definately pick one up if it was worth it. nothing really sparks my interest this time around. now last time with small arms at 400... that was a steal.[/quote]

You know, I had never even considered buying small arms. I always just skimmed right over it when looking over XBLA titles. During the last sale I went ahead and got the demo. I think it only took me 2 minutes before I realized I had to have it. Now it's my go-to XBLA title.

When does this sale expire? I'd like to see what games Microsoft gives out for registering your console. I'd hate to spend $2.50 on Frogger if I get it free in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. 300 points was too much for me for Spades, but 200 points was the sweet spot. Now, if only Hearts could drop in price...

Looks like this is dead, at least as far as the lower prices go. They're back up to 300, 300 & 900 respectively as of 1:54PM eastern.

D'OH! Working full time and getting an MBA means missing deals like this. Aww well. 100 points savings for the cheap games and 300 for Billiards...

I got Bankshot for free when I picked up the Xbox Live 12 Month Kit for $15 at Circuit City over a year ago. To me, that game is worth less than nothing.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']I got Bankshot for free when I picked up the Xbox Live 12 Month Kit for $15 at Circuit City over a year ago. To me, that game is worth less than nothing.[/QUOTE]
I think you're being too harsh. It's worth exactly nothing.

Considering MS doesnt price cut much, and of these only frogger can be had free with purchase of other, somewhat useless hardware, this is a great deal. I already have frogger (got it free with my vision camera that i never use, heh) but Ill pick up the other 2 games, even though Ill spend my time playing halo 3 these days.

bread's done
Back