(DEAD) 30gb Microsoft Zune's - $99.99 @ Gamestop B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
I just got back from a couple Gamestops, they all had the 30gb Zunes marked down to $99.99. They had all the colors (Halo edition, black, brown, white, and pink) and they were all factory sealed. From what I was told, its a premament reduction they are trying to get rid of their inventory.

There is no store locator through the website, but they can search in their computer systems to see which stores have them in stock.

Sku's (thanks to Manthing)
080001 Black 30GB
080002 White 30GB
080003 Brown 30GB
080004 Pink 30GB
080005 Halo 30GB

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a bunch for the heads up. My girlfriend was considering spending $140 for a 8GB new model and then I saw this topic. After checking out 4 gamestops in the area we finally found one and it was pink which worked out kind of perfect since it was the one my gf wanted.

[quote name='manthing']How did you know I posted the SKUs?

I'm freaking out man...

:whee:[/quote]

Well, Jay Sherman told me to look at your post history, as "It Stinks!"

I read the BB thread, seems the Zune deal discussion is bigger in that thread than this one.

I had a brand new Black one and the Limited Edition Red one and sold the black one. Upon opening the red one (kept it because it was a limited edition color) I found out it was kinda pink looking. Oh well.......... I still love the Zune.

[quote name='Bezerker']Well, Jay Sherman told me to look at your post history, as "It Stinks!"
[/quote]

:nottalking:

He's still sore about the Shermometer

---------

There are 4 1G Zune accessories that are $1.99 at Gamestop as well.

The Folio Kickstand case:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63559

Acrylic Case:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63560

Holster case:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63571

Screen Protector:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63572

There's also the AC adapter and cable pack for $20 each, but maybe you could find those cheaper online.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Didn't they all crash because of the new year?[/quote]

They were only down for New Year's Eve because of a glitch in the hardware/software coding that only affected the 30GB. Once you let the battery run out and recharged it after the New Year, work just fine again.

I want to say this is dead. I tried to buy a black and white one at 2 different stores, and they have been marked back up to $179.99. I do have a pink one though, and picked up a holster to cover it up. The accessories still rang $1.99, but the unit's $80 more now.

No gamestops in my area even seem to still carry them.... According to the one guy I asked the SKU's aren't even in the system so I just tried calling all the ones in town - every one had the same respone "We don't carry those anymore".

Too bad would have good a price for what the wife wants for v-day :)

Picked up a Pink one last weekend for Valentine's Day.
My closest two had none. The one had sold out a few weeks ago, the other told me they never carried them. Not sure if that was true or just a new employee.

Eh, someone refresh my memory..what kind of videos will this thing play.....my little sansa, running rockbox, can do DIVX's nicely but its screen is sooooo small that its almost laughable trying to watch a movie on a 1 1/2" screen :D

[quote name='lukewin']I want to say this is dead. I tried to buy a black and white one at 2 different stores, and they have been marked back up to $179.99. I do have a pink one though, and picked up a holster to cover it up. The accessories still rang $1.99, but the unit's $80 more now.[/quote]

Yes, they are back up to $179.99 as of today 1/3/09

[quote name='linkmon']Yes, they are back up to $179.99 as of today 1/3/09[/QUOTE]

Arg, I just got paid today, too.
Why would they raise the price?
It makes me sad :cry:

Well, thanks for the notice, I'll just find something else to spend my money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back