[DEAD] 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) $10, Wii Party w/Remote Wii $20 w/FS @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Thanks to Discombobulated @Slick Deals

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3), Mario Sluggers (Wii) $10, Wii Party with Wii Remote $20 + Free Shipping

Newegg

Deal Ends: 11:59pm PT 06/17/2012

:ps3:3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
:wii:Mario Sluggers (Nintendo Wii)
:wii:New U: Fitness First Yoga & Pilates (Nintendo Wii)
:wii:Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo Wii)

$9.99 Each + Free Shipping

--

:ps3:Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)

$15.99 + Free Shipping (Shoprunner eligible) SOLD OUT

--

:wii:Wii Party with Remote Wii (Nintendo Wii)

$19.99 + Free Shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
3D Dot was fun for a while, but I got bored of it quickly. I loved Zelda in the day and this is similar, but I guess as a I get older I dont care for it as much anymore. Nostalgia is a bitch.

Thanks OP. Ordered a 3D Dot Heroes for my friend who is somehow banned from newegg for ordering via his cellphone. I don't think it is my style of game, but if I decide I want to try it I can for free.

[quote name='simmias']Well, then, I disagree with you and others. 3D Dot was a joy to play. It's somewhat of a chore to platinum, but most games should be. It's HD Zelda with cool design, better mechanics and swords that can extend across the entire screen... what's not to love? I wish I could erase the memory of playing this game from my mind so that I could experience it fresh all over again.[/QUOTE]

I'm on your side. I would never describe 3DDGH as a "chore" to play. I had a great time with it, and have considered going back and trying again to pick up a few more trophies (I'd still need 3 full playthroughs for the platinum though, I don't see that happening)

I loved 3D Dot Game Heroes! I think it wonderfully captured the feel of playing old school Zelda with enough to stand out on its own! Now I need to go back and finish it!

Yeah that's a must buy price for 3D Dot if you have even a passing interest in it.

I'm considering the Prince of Persia set, but just spent $50 on the Gamefly sale.. Is the PoP set worth it?? Someone convince me! I was never big into that series

[quote name='Tiny Gallon']Yeah that's a must buy price for 3D Dot if you have even a passing interest in it.

I'm considering the Prince of Persia set, but just spent $50 on the Gamefly sale.. Is the PoP set worth it?? Someone convince me! I was never big into that series[/QUOTE]

If you're not into the series, and have a backlog of games, then you should wait until it hits around the $10.00 price point. Maybe get a used copy for cheap. I heard this a lazy port, you can check out the reviews.

I'm waiting until the price drops on Amazon since I've some credits there.

Check your K-marts for 3D Dot - it's only $6 there and my store had loads. (Make sure it doesn't have a value sticker on it. Those ring up normal price.)

[quote name='Tiny Gallon']Yeah that's a must buy price for 3D Dot if you have even a passing interest in it.

I'm considering the Prince of Persia set, but just spent $50 on the Gamefly sale.. Is the PoP set worth it?? Someone convince me! I was never big into that series[/QUOTE]

I think the games are fun. They ended up being not fun in the long run for me since I almost always play a game until I get all the trophies. Since the difficulty trophies do not stack in a couple of the games, it meant 3 play-throughs. If you do not have the completionist affliction like myself, I think they would be pretty enjoyable. Since it is 3 complete games for that price, it is pretty damn cheap.

With that said, it would not shock me if gamefly has the game cheaper during one of their sales at some point.

I'm so glad I didn't pick up 3d dot at $15 a month or so ago. Picked it up now though. Well, get in the back of the back log line!

Grabbed a 3D Dot. Now to ditch my rental copy i got from GoHastings

[quote name='GamingGator']I think the games are fun. They ended up being not fun in the long run for me since I almost always play a game until I get all the trophies. Since the difficulty trophies do not stack in a couple of the games, it meant 3 play-throughs. If you do not have the completionist affliction like myself, I think they would be pretty enjoyable. Since it is 3 complete games for that price, it is pretty damn cheap.

With that said, it would not shock me if gamefly has the game cheaper during one of their sales at some point, bub[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='simmias']Well, then, I disagree with you and others. 3D Dot was a joy to play. It's somewhat of a chore to platinum, but most games should be. It's HD Zelda with cool design, better mechanics and swords that can extend across the entire screen... what's not to love? I wish I could erase the memory of playing this game from my mind so that I could experience it fresh all over again.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I had a blast on my first play through. It's not until New Game+ and going for trophies is when it gets a bit harder and tedious. Luckily some swords carry over. I like Giga Sword over Excalibur once you get it back, but you'll need them both upgraded.

The game does bring a lot of Zelda: Link to the Past nostalgia, but I think the weapon upgrades keep it fresh. There is also a room that gives a nod to Demons Souls, but getting certain swords can be a pain since some "events" have a short window. But all that can be done 2nd play through or skipped. The game is definitely worth $10 for a play through.

Bit on 3D Dot Game Heroes and Animal Crossing (hopefully it's the original, not the Nintendo Selects version).

Damn missed out on PoP.

Do any of you guys know if Newegg sells the stuff legit new or are they shrink-wrapped not-new?

New games are usually in a Y-fold plastic covering, not shrink wrap (though not always).

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Damn missed out on PoP.

Do any of you guys know if Newegg sells the stuff legit new or are they shrink-wrapped not-new?

New games are usually in a Y-fold plastic covering, not shrink wrap (though not always).[/QUOTE]

Brand spanking new

Seriously, I think just about any gamer would enjoy 3D DGH. I don't know how there can even be a debate at $10. Just get it. It was one of my favorite games of this generation and that's a steal for the amount of content. Just a fun fun game and you can even find some files online to import a replica of 8-bit Link. I'd love a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.

Oh, and I have to add the soundtrack is awesome. Heavily inspired by Zelda but a unique mixture of epic orchestral themes with chiptune sounds as well. Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn it. I paid $10 for a used Blockbuster copy of Super Sluggers, $20 for a new copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes from eStarland.com, and $20 for a Best Buy copy of Wii Party with no Wiimote.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Seriously, I think just about any gamer would enjoy 3D DGH. I don't know how there can even be a debate at $10. Just get it. It was one of my favorite games of this generation and that's a steal for the amount of content. Just a fun fun game and you can even find some files online to import a replica of 8-bit Link. I'd love a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.

Oh, and I have to add the soundtrack is awesome. Heavily inspired by Zelda but a unique mixture of epic orchestral themes with chiptune sounds as well. Love it.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! Although I'd recommend people mess around with the character creator themselves before downloading something since it's pretty fun and easy to use.

Also, in for Animal Crossing. Too bad Wii party doesn't have the motion plus remote.

I find it hard to believe that they consistently sell new, as I see some crazy prices on their gaming stuff sometimes.

I will learn from this experience whether or not it's new, and I'll respond to this thread accordingly, as I've ordered 3D Dot Heroes and some other stuff.

if thats ur logic then best buy dotd games have all been used =/ .

[quote name='ShadowNYC']I find it hard to believe that they consistently sell new, as I see some crazy prices on their gaming stuff sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShadowNYC']I find it hard to believe that they consistently sell new, as I see some crazy prices on their gaming stuff sometimes.

I will learn from this experience whether or not it's new, and I'll respond to this thread accordingly, as I've ordered 3D Dot Heroes and some other stuff.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're serious or trolling...

I will learn from this experience whether or not it's new, and I'll respond to this thread accordingly, as I've ordered 3D Dot Heroes and some other stuff.[/QUOTE]

soooooo, they're just flat out lying?

[quote name='breakfuss']soooooo, they're just flat out lying?[/QUOTE]

He's from NYC. Everything is so expensive here I'm not surprised he expected to get shanked in the wallet.

If I didn't already own a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes, I would purchase it now. Game is a straight Zelda clone (Think "Link To The Past SNES" with HD graphics). 10/10 for me.

I didn't even know Wii Play had a "with remote" version.

The one Wii game I've been waiting forever to get cheap seems like it never will: the (newer) Wii Play Motion w/remote. It is $46.99 at Newegg #-o. Why couldn't that be $20?

Are you talking about the one that's on sale now at Gamefly for $14.99? Some posters said they got it with remote, despite what the site disclaimer says. I don't think many people ordered it, though.

[quote name='whitereflection']Are you talking about the one that's on sale now at Gamefly for $14.99? Some posters said they got it with remote, despite what the site disclaimer says. I don't think many people ordered it, though.[/QUOTE]

I dunno - didn't see any Gamefly sale thread and yeah, I probably wouldn't risk it if it was just game-only and used. But it is the new version of Wii Play that came with the new Wii Remote Plus like 1 (or 2?) years ago. I'm just surprised it has never really been on sale or clearanced anywhere that I am aware of.

bread's done
Back