[DEAD] 3DS from Walmart.ca at $119.97

[quote name='maigoyume']I'd be down for one, but I'm gonna take my chances and hope (read: pray HARD) that Nintendo brings over the FE 3DS.[/QUOTE]Or a redesign later this year?

[quote name='Aquablak']Or a redesign later this year?[/QUOTE]I'd be down for either, but I'm a sucker for LE's, especially Zelda/FE related.

What's with all these crazy handheld deals lately? First Vitas were being sold on Amazon for $200 even (shipped), and now this?

Tempted to pick up the pink 3DS. But I don't want to have to buy the CPP plus batteries....so I guess I'll wait and hope for a redesign since I can use my brothers 3DS at any time. But this is a really good deal....

The more I look at Kid Icarus Uprising the less composure I'm retaining....................

That and the other 5 3ds titles sitting on my shelf waiting to be played.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Yeah I think waiting for a redesign is the right move. Especially if that screen scratching problem is still going on (not sure if it is.)[/QUOTE]

I got it now. After rebate, taxes and everything it comes out to $110 out of pocket. Do you think a redesign is going to cost anywhere near that? It'll probably be $199.

Then there's all the time you could spend playing it now.

Now > Later.

Actually Futureshop is selling for $119.99, so if you want it as cheap as possible, you'll have to pricematch at Best Buy.

[quote name='maigoyume']Is there a way to transfer all your 3ds data (coins, mii's, etc.) to a new 3ds if you end up upgrading later?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there's a tool in the Settings built into the OS for easy transfers. Nintendo finally learned. :applause:

[quote name='EvilMario']Yes, there's a tool in the Settings built into the OS for easy transfers. Nintendo finally learned. :applause:[/QUOTE]Are we talking EVERYTHING? Cuz this is the deal breaker for me. Don't want to spend all that time and effort only to end up losing a portion of my data.

It was nice not having to worry about stuff like this with the regular DS

Edit: Just found the info on it. Now..............can I justify buying it? $100 is pretty sweet...........

I picked one up at futureshop yesterday afternoon. I havn't got any games yet though, are there any good deals right now on 3DS or newer DS games?

[quote name='maigoyume']Are we talking EVERYTHING? Cuz this is the deal breaker for me. Don't want to spend all that time and effort only to end up losing a portion of my data.

It was nice not having to worry about stuff like this with the regular DS

Edit: Just found the info on it. Now..............can I justify buying it? $100 is pretty sweet...........[/QUOTE]

Where did you find the info?

so the games you buy online for Nintendo consoles are locked to the hardware, not a "account" like PSN or XBLA? so if i were to buy a bunch of games on 3ds, trade it in later for a revision , i lose all my games?:lol:

that.... is .... weak.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']so the games you buy online for Nintendo consoles are locked to the hardware, not a "account" like PSN or XBLA? so if i were to buy a bunch of games on 3ds, trade it in later for a revision , i lose all my games?:lol:

that.... is .... weak.[/QUOTE]Assuming that you don't already have another 3ds to transfer to, yes that would be the case. Their methods are a bit backwards, but at least they give you an option.

[quote name='maigoyume']Assuming that you don't already have another 3ds to transfer to, yes that would be the case. Their methods are a bit backwards, but at least they give you an option.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is pretty awful when it comes to digital offerings. I mean in this day and age with iTunes, Steam, Xbox Live, PSN, what Nintendo offers is laughable.

it's a darn shame since i'd love to buy a great deal of digital games that i'll play throughout my gaming cycle: and the fact that i dont have account to manage all those games is.... rather curious- why would Nintendo limit this?

is this going to be like this with the WII U?

i was hoping that will be my first Nintendo console...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']it's a darn shame since i'd love to buy a great deal of digital games that i'll play throughout my gaming cycle: and the fact that i dont have account to manage all those games is.... rather curious- why would Nintendo limit this?

is this going to be like this with the WII U?

i was hoping that will be my first Nintendo console...[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why. Maybe their target audience is kids who don't really care about a digital marketplace or online community. That's why they never really had true online gaming. They're just starting to implement it now.

And friend codes. When I first heard about this I thought people were joking.

This is already a significant improvement from the DSi and Wii, where there is no way to transfer the games; it's not ideal, obviously, but at least it's possible. Hopefully by the time the Wii U rolls around there will be further improvements.

I just transferred my photos and DSiWare titles from my DSi to 3DS.

Seems to have worked smoothly. The only thing it does not transfer is the saved files, so you will lose all your progress and have to start the game over again.

There is an option in the 3DS eShop to link your purchases to your Club Nintendo account.

[quote name='bomberman447']I picked one up at futureshop yesterday afternoon. I havn't got any games yet though, are there any good deals right now on 3DS or newer DS games?[/QUOTE]

Futureshop currently has a $15 credit towards your next $19.99+ game when you buy Kid Icarus Uprising. It's a fun game, but I am regretting buying Uprising. The controls are complete ass.

[quote name='Mr.']Futureshop currently has a $15 credit towards your next $19.99+ game when you buy Kid Icarus Uprising. It's a fun game, but I am regretting buying Uprising. The controls are complete ass.[/QUOTE]
I saw that and watched the review and looked too confusing for me so I ended up just getting Zelda. It is quite good. Now I can wait a bit and see if anything goes on sale or if I use kijiji or something. It is nice how no matter how old they get Nintendo 3DS games are alwyas $40

I'll definitely be waiting for a redesign, preferably with the second nub built-in and a smaller form factor. Even $99 is too much for what the 3DS currently is.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw the other 20x optimum points thread. Paying essentially $50 for this turd of a system might actually be worth it for 1-2 good games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I'll definitely be waiting for a redesign, preferably with the second nub built-in and a smaller form factor. Even $99 is too much for what the 3DS currently is.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw the other 20x optimum points thread. Paying essentially $50 for this turd of a system might actually be worth it for 1-2 good games.[/QUOTE]

Redesign will never happen. Second analog stick will never be built it.

Don't see how the 3DS is a turd of a system and don't see how it has 1-2 good games. Just a few of the fun ones:

Rayman Origins
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis Open
Resident Evil Revelations
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Sonic Generations
Super Mario 3D Land
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Paper Mario 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2
Starfox 64 3D
Pilotwings Resort

Is the Vita a more powerful system? Definitely. But some memory, and the system itself will run you nearly 3 times the cost of the 3DS. So don't discredit the 3DS. The bill of materials runs over $100, plus all the marketing an R&D, $115 is actually a bargain.

^ Add Tales of the Abyss to that list of games xP

And I think the deal on Walmart.ca is over, I checked just now and it's back to $169.

[quote name='AftComet']Don't see how the 3DS is a turd of a system and don't see how it has 1-2 good games. Just a few of the fun ones:

Rayman Origins
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Tennis Open
Resident Evil Revelations
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D
Sonic Generations
Super Mario 3D Land
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D
Paper Mario 3DS
Luigi's Mansion 2
Starfox 64 3D
Pilotwings Resort

Is the Vita a more powerful system? Definitely. But some memory, and the system itself will run you nearly 3 times the cost of the 3DS. So don't discredit the 3DS. The bill of materials runs over $100, plus all the marketing an R&D, $115 is actually a bargain.
[/QUOTE]
Rayman Origins is also on Vita. Also MGS3 since it will be included with MGS HD Collection. As for Pilotwings and Splinter Cell... seriously? I'd say Ocarina 3D, Revelations and 3D Land are the only games that are worth it. And maybe MK7.

[quote name='Mr.']Rayman Origins is also on Vita. Also MGS3 since it will be included with MGS HD Collection. As for Pilotwings and Splinter Cell... seriously? I'd say Ocarina 3D, Revelations and 3D Land are the only games that are worth it. And maybe MK7.[/QUOTE]

Pushmo
Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm absolutely positive the 3DS will see some great games over its life. Luigi's Mansion 2 should be great. You can trust Nintendo to win in the games department.

[quote name='Mxylptlk']it also makes a great netflix viewer with a built in stand.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the screen a little too small for that?

[quote name='AftComet']Pushmo
Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm absolutely positive the 3DS will see some great games over its life. Luigi's Mansion 2 should be great. You can trust Nintendo to win in the games department.[/QUOTE]

I have faith in Nintendo, but what they're coming up with on 3DS is disappointing. Right out of the gate: Steel Diver is garbage, Pilotwings Resort is underwhelming and Nintendogs + cats is... well, it's Nintendogs. Ocarina 3D is great, but that's mostly due to the source material. 3D Land and MK7 are fun to play, but they're merely good games. Both are short and lack the variety that we've come to expect from Mario games. Uprising would've been a great game if the controls aren't terrible.

for those of you who just got the 3ds, and doing the 20$ rebate,

do we like take off the UPC sticker off the 3ds box, or actually cut the box?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']for those of you who just got the 3ds, and doing the 20$ rebate,

do we like take off the UPC sticker off the 3ds box, or actually cut the box?[/QUOTE]

Cut box.

[quote name='maigoyume']Wasn't the deal dead since yesterday afternoon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they just charged my CC right now because they only shipped it out yesterday.

[quote name='saikisen']Damn, I just sent the UPC sticker rather than cutting the box.[/QUOTE]

Well as long as you removed it okay it's fine. The reason why I said cut it is because you can sometimes rip the UPC if you try to remove it that way.

bread's done
Back