DEAD--$5 MP3 player at Circuit City--NOW $20

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)

This is what the item looks like. This deal is NOT available online, in-store only. You get 180 downloads from emusic, 15 a month for 12 months. The MP3 player is 512mb. Yes, it's small but it's only $5. Great deal if you want a backup. If you want one get it ASAP because these are going fast.

Damn...my 1st time in the "Other Deals & Requests" forum and I stumble upon this treasure of a $5 mp3 player (thats sellin faster than gyros at the ix center...haha)

I hope there is still some left, hopefully most people in my city will bypass it due to 1)low amount of memory or 2)its stickered to high (one can only hope..)

Scored a couple of these at the CC in Poughkeepsie, NY tonight...rang right up at $5.00. They had a whole endcap full of them, and they were marked $32.99.

Kinda defeats the purpose of me paying $16 for 65 downloads a month at Emusic, huh?

the store i went to didnt' have any visible. so i asked if they had any of the mp3 players with downloads included. the lady told me it was at customer service. so i walked up there and asked upon i was told 'they're not for sale' right now. i was tired and hungry so i just walked off looked around and went home. i would have talked to someone, but all i saw were kids, not even college age , except for one in car audio, in the whole store. should have asked for a manager, but i just went home after a long day at work.

[quote name='fireball343']the store i went to didnt' have any visible. so i asked if they had any of the mp3 players with downloads included. the lady told me it was at customer service. so i walked up there and asked upon i was told 'they're not for sale' right now. i was tired and hungry so i just walked off looked around and went home. i would have talked to someone, but all i saw were kids, not even college age , except for one in car audio, in the whole store. should have asked for a manager, but i just went home after a long day at work.[/quote]

this reminds of when i went to get the $20 gc card from cc last week

first i found that there was no darkness(360) in the back on the shelf so i aske the guy, do i get a $20 gc card for it not being there...so he goes on to ask and finds out yea, if its not here than i would...needless to say he went to customer service and brought me a copy (and i don't even have a 360!)

anyways, aside from my pointless rant of the day above i say why not go back tomorrow (ive got no idea if they are open the 4th..) and try to get it?

Went to my store about 11:30 this morning and they had a ton of them. Though I had troubles finding which one it was so I used a computer in the store to double check that the one I was getting was the right one. I had them price check it and they rang up 5 bucks so I went back and got another one. When I came back in line the guy in front of me was buying three copies of the movie hardball then looked and saw me buying three mp3 players and was like what are those and I showed him and he went and bought three of them himself. It was great to share the love. Thanks for the post OP.

FYI, the details on the startup subscription card included in this package reads as follows:

"Each eMusic "One Year Subscription" code shall be redeemable for one(1) subscription to the eMusic service entitling the user to fifteen (15) downloads per month for twelve (12) consucutive months. Codes not redeemed by 10/31/07 shall expire."

So, you're going to have to set up multiple accounts to cash in all of your downloads before the included cards expire.

Not to mention that if you just go to www.emusic.com/rca you can get a free 30 day trial that includes 100 downloads.

$5 for the just the player is still pretty good though.

[quote name='m6oo']FYI, the details on the startup subscription card included in this package reads as follows:

"Each eMusic "One Year Subscription" code shall be redeemable for one(1) subscription to the eMusic service entitling the user to fifteen (15) downloads per month for twelve (12) consucutive months. Codes not redeemed by 10/31/07 shall expire."

So, you're going to have to set up multiple accounts to cash in all of your downloads before the included cards expire.

Not to mention that if you just go to www.emusic.com/rca you can get a free 30 day trial that includes 100 downloads.

$5 for the just the player is still pretty good though.[/QUOTE]

That's how I see it. I don't own a MP3 Player and really never had a reason to but for $5.00 I can use this while working out and such. Thanks OP once again!

[quote name='m6oo']FYI, the details on the startup subscription card included in this package reads as follows:

$5 for the just the player is still pretty good though.[/quote]
Just to be clear, if you're only using one code for a one year subscription all you have to do is activate it before 10/31/07. That's how I understand it. Now if you've bought multiple codes/players that would require multiple accounts as m600 pointed out.

I could use one of these for when I'm working out, it's a shame Circuit City is so far from me though... hopefully there will still be a couple come Friday when I can make it down there (probably not, but I can always hope.) :lol:

I tried the MP3 Player out just a couple of mins ago. The sound was really aweful. As I messed with the 3.5mm Headset jack, I noticed that pulling it out a bit remedied the problem. I hope the problem are the Ear Buds and not the internal speaker jack on the MP3 player itself. I'll try my PSP Ear Buds tomorrow.

Reserved mine in-store. When I got there, I asked the lady for more. The only other remaining 11 were already reserved by "some guy."

Ill call him Mr. Intense

[quote name='pimpinc333']I tried the MP3 Player out just a couple of mins ago. The sound was really aweful. As I messed with the 3.5mm Headset jack, I noticed that pulling it out a bit remedied the problem. I hope the problem are the Ear Buds and not the internal speaker jack on the MP3 player itself. I'll try my PSP Ear Buds tomorrow.[/quote]

Some people on SD said that the player was actually pretty good when they used it with headphones other than the buds included (they suck).

Anyone try out the emusic service yet? It aint too bad. ONly thing that sucks is that they limit you to 15 songs a month, but for five bucks and a free mp3 player, you can't beat the deal. There is some decent music out there.

I'm already 100% satisfied by this purchase - I found Paul McCartney's new album on eMusic and downloaded it. For $5, if that is all I ever remember to download and the MP3 player breaks tomorrow, I am still going to be happy.

I picked up two. They had probably over 50 of them throughout the store and the signs said $5. My brother's bday was on the 1st, so thats his gift.. Even though he forgets my bday.

[quote name='trunks982']i cant see the pic clearly. whats the name of the brand and the model number?[/quote]

RCA and the model # is EMUSIC1.

Beauty! Picked up two last night (one for me, second for bro, but the additional music DLs are mine). I'm finally gonna be able to listen to my music in my decrepit (but beloved) old subaru again!
casette adaptor. CD player died.

Thanks a million for the tip, cisco!

And I just DLed that Elvis remix by JLX or whatever the guys name is. Great track.

CC by me had 48 in stock. They were all up front, at the registers marked regular 39.99. I picked up 4 (2 for my in-laws, 1 for me, 1 for my wife). Personally, I think the earbuds are hit-or-miss. Mine sound pretty good.

OK I take it back, after the advice on here of just ringing them up instead of getting a price check I went back. And guess what they were 5 bucks so I picked up 4 for cheap X-mas gifts . Thanks OP

Ok, to everyone who thinks the sound is awful, at first, I did too. Then I changed it from the default "FLAT" sound mode to "ROCK". It actually sounds quite good, even with the crappy earbuds they give you. A hell of a deal at $5. Too bad I can't find anything to download on eMusic...sheesh, what a load of crap that thing is...

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;3085291]Ok said:
I messed with it and I thought that was the case at first. My Earbuds weren't even clear. It sounded like a ringing noise. I popped my PSP Ear Buds in and actually Flat sounds the best out of the EQ settings. Rock was more bass with lower treble. Flat was pretty much perfect.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I messed with it and I thought that was the case at first. My Earbuds weren't even clear. It sounded like a ringing noise. I popped my PSP Ear Buds in and actually Flat sounds the best out of the EQ settings. Rock was more bass with lower treble. Flat was pretty much perfect.[/QUOTE]

I'll try my PSP buds and see how they sound. Thanks for the scoop!

BTW, didn't mention it but there were plenty left this morning at Greenwood, Indiana. They won't last, though - they were very clearly marked $5! Cool, since it is a download service, there wasn't sales tax!

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;3085414 said:
I'll try my PSP buds and see how they sound. Thanks for the scoop!

BTW, didn't mention it but there were plenty left this morning at Greenwood, Indiana. They won't last, though - they were very clearly marked $5! Cool, since it is a download service, there wasn't sales tax!

RD

I take it back. With the PSP Ear Buds, the "Rock" EQ mos def sounds the best.

[quote name='tyhana']I just picked up two. Both we're $5 and there was about 30 on the bottom shelf there. The price tag was listed at $5 rather than $19.99 or whatever.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

^ My experience yesterday ^

Today, I went to the same Circuit City and there was none to be found. I asked Customer Service if they had any, and he said they had some in stock, but couldn't find them, lol. He called another Circuit City and they wouldn't answer their phone. So, he said he'd special order four for me. Paid my $20 on the spot, and they'll call me when it comes in the store. (About 1-2 weeks he said, but since I already have two, I think I can wait *nods*)

Oh yeah, and I prefer the "Bass" or "Rock" EQ. "Flat" and "Classical" sound pretty washed out. My headphones feel like they get stuck in the headphone jack, but with other headphones it feels just fine. Pretty strange, but still awesome nonetheless.

Thanks again OP!

ok just gave it a try today. Very good in my opinion. the mic on this thing is a tiny pin hole :| but oh well. file transfer is a breeze. I was very surprised that this had a direct USB connector instead of needing a cable attached to it. Sound quality was a lot better then playing it out of my LG8300 cell phone :)

Once again thanks OP!!!

I wonder why they are selling them for 5 bucks... is it clearance?!?!?

Hey can someone help me out. I dont have a local CC near me and these things sound like a good deal. If anyone had any extra I would like to buy one from you. PM me plz.

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Hey can someone help me out. I dont have a local CC near me and these things sound like a good deal. If anyone had any extra I would like to buy one from you. PM me plz.[/QUOTE]

Even though my CC said they had no more, on the RCA CC Page on the internetz it says they have them in stock. I'm gonna check again tomorrow after work. If I find them i'll hook you up with one for cost plus shipping.

Can someone help me out too, I can't get out to a CC to get one of these, I am using an old 256mb MP3 player and a 512 would seem like a huge upgrade. I can send you a money order or check for the player (plus some extra for shipping and your costs) and you can keep the music downloads for yourself (I listen to japanese music so they would likely not be of any use to me!).

[quote name='SaraAB']Can someone help me out too, I can't get out to a CC to get one of these, I am using an old 256mb MP3 player and a 512 would seem like a huge upgrade. I can send you a money order or check for the player (plus some extra for shipping and your costs) and you can keep the music downloads for yourself (I listen to japanese music so they would likely not be of any use to me!).[/QUOTE]

Like posted above I'll grab you one also ( If they have them of course ) :D

i found some today in enfield , ct i bought 5 and they still have a lot more seen some in springfield mass too. good service they dont even ask for your credit card #'s

Yeah I went earlier today and got 2 of 'em for me and my mom. My local one had quite a few left, and were marked as $32.99, but still ring up as $5. Great deal even just for the music downloads!

Yesterday I bought four to give out and today I went back to get two more. They sold about a hundred of them since I was there, all gone now.

circuitcity.com says in stock, guess i'll give a call. not expecting it to be in stock though if this has been posted for a couple days

I just went in today right at 10am to see if my store had any (said they were in stock online), and right with all of the MP3 players were 20 of these sitting there. I grabbed four of them, and bought for $20 total (no tax :) ). Thanks for the info, this is an amazing deal. I tried out the head phones in the package though and they sound amazing! I'm thinking about going back to grab more later for gifts (the four I have already: two for me, one for brother, one for sister). It wouldn't hurt to have a few extras for gifts though :D

Hmmm...dunno if I should nab once considering I already have an iPod shuffle. 5 bucks is a steal but I'm trying to factor in the cost of battery life since it only takes one AAA battery.

Phoenix Arizona is horrible; some idiot at the regional office sent out an e-mail claiming this is a pricing mistake and telling the stores out here to refuse to sell them.

I got a few for Christmas gifts, but I am concerned because someone said the music downloads expire 10/17/07. Is that correct, and is there a way around this?

[quote name='Cuzza40']Phoenix Arizona is horrible; some idiot at the regional office sent out an e-mail claiming this is a pricing mistake and telling the stores out here to refuse to sell them.[/quote]
Guess I shouldn't bother, but it doesn't surprise me, the Circuit City stores out here really suck. Clearances are usually more miss than hit as well.

[quote name='yukine']Guess I shouldn't bother, but it doesn't surprise me, the Circuit City stores out here really suck. Clearances are usually more miss than hit as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, unless there's been a major change since yesterday, every store in the area is sitting on them refusing to sell. I spent a couple of hours yesterday calling corporate and verifying the price is legitimate, but the store would have none of it. Total idiots. And it didn't help that nobody at the national number seemed to understand the most basic of English.

[quote name='Cuzza40']Yeah, unless there's been a major change since yesterday, every store in the area is sitting on them refusing to sell. I spent a couple of hours yesterday calling corporate and verifying the price is legitimate, but the store would have none of it. Total idiots. And it didn't help that nobody at the national number seemed to understand the most basic of English.[/quote]

Which store(s) did you try? I was planning on going to get one later today, not sure if it is worth my time now...

bread's done
Back