(DEAD) $5 Off Coupon - The Avengers 4-Disc Combo (BR3D+BR/DVD+DC) - $24.96 AC

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet.

Amazon has a $5 off coupon you can "clip" to your preorder for the 4-Disc edition of The Avengers. It's $34.99 right now, so with the coupon, the total will be $29.99.

Of course, new releases tend to drop in price as their release date approaches, so hopefully this will be no exception (releasing at $24.99 or $29.99 at BBY or Target is something to hope for :D).

Amazon doesn't list a release date, but it's slated for 9/25 going by articles on various movie sites.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't notice there's a Wiki thread now for coupons like this and someone else just posted this coupon in there. :oops: You can find the thread here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon rep said I'd get credited the difference in 2-3 days, but that they'd issue a refund if it didn't show up by then.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']I checked into the website and I have confirmed that the price has changed into $19.99. So, as a one time exception, I requested a refund of $9.97 to your credit card[/QUOTE]

I hate that they always say this when their pre-order price guarantee clearly states:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price within 48 hours of the release date.

They try to make it sound like they're doing you a favor (and sometimes even did not want to give it to me) when that is their policy.

so I have a bit of strange situation now:

I had originally preordered this at $29.99 but realized I wouldnt really use the 3D or digital copy, so I cancelled my preorder and instead preordered the 2 disc BD at the Disney Store for $24.99+shipping, along with a set of lithographs and supposedly a $10 off coupon for an online purchase there that I would receive at release. Well no email yet but my copy got here last night. However, I'd really rather just pay $19.99 for the BD on Amazon, so should I plan on returning the Disney order (still unopened) or hope the coupon comes? Appreciate some advice on this one.

Funny... I went to go request my refund from Amazon (ordered w/ coupon, order shows $29), and when I select my Avengers order, a message pops up and says that they're refunding everyone who pre-ordered at any price greater than $19.99 and to expect a refund notification in 1-2 days. I guess they're just preempting everyone who's emailing to get their order adjusted.

[quote name='samusaran226']They try to make it sound like they're doing you a favor (and sometimes even did not want to give it to me) when that is their policy.[/QUOTE]That's why when I get back a response like that, I copy and paste the link to the pre-order price guarantee link on Amazon and remind them that it's not a one-time exception. It's their policy and they should know about it.

[quote name='Ervgotti85']Yesterday evening received an email about Amazon processing the $9.97 refund.[/QUOTE]

I'm excited I just got the same email. I can't believe we bought this amazing movie for $14.99 on release. I'm a huge cheap ass, but I would have paid $34.99 if that was lowest price available anywhere. It would be worth it to me because the "rewatchability" is very high.

That $9.97 will go towards either my Cinderella amazon preorder or my Avatar 3d amazon preorder.

Haven't gotten mine yet. I checked my account, the order got adjusted for the first drop but not the second. In fact they still haven't even shipped my copy out yet. I'm getting the feeling something got messed up since before either price drop I paid it off with gift cards and it lists the total as a -4.97.

[quote name='solidus_00']Haven't gotten mine yet. I checked my account, the order got adjusted for the first drop but not the second. In fact they still haven't even shipped my copy out yet. I'm getting the feeling something got messed up since before either price drop I paid it off with gift cards and it lists the total as a -4.97.[/QUOTE]

It'll be fine. The credit balance will credit back to your gift card account after the order ships. Then the rest should go back once they adjust for the price difference. :)

[quote name='xbox_mole']It'll be fine. The credit balance will credit back to your gift card account after the order ships. Then the rest should go back once they adjust for the price difference. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah if it ever ships. As of writing this it still hasn't and is still stuck as listed 'shipping soon' which it has been listed since Monday. I contacted Amazon CS yesterday didn't get any help there either. After explaining it three times I got the same Pre-Order guarantee line and that I would receive it 1-2 after it ships on it's release date. Apparently they didn't seem to understand that the release date has already gone by and it still hasn't shipped. When I finally got them to understand that fact I was giving the line that they must have not gotten enough stock to cover all the pre-orders and that I would be shipped out one asap as soon as it came instock. I kindly pointed out that it was instock that it had been instock the whole time, which they then confirmed. After everything I was told they had no clue as to why it hasn't been shipped and that they would get back to me later that day with a solution, which never happened and still hasn't happened a day later.

I've never had a problem with Amazon until this, but this is starting to irritate me more than a little. Funny thing is according to my account my delivery date supposed to be today by the latest.

bread's done
Back